Page 589 of 626 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 9381

imageedit_3_8436105692.jpg

Did a quick meme.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There are some things I don't like about dawn of X but Jean had the fortune to end in a good book.

X-force seems like the most balanced and interesting book so far. Sure she doesn't get the same level of attention than in Red but it is not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    There are some things I don't like about dawn of X but Jean had the fortune to end in a good book.

X-force seems like the most balanced and interesting book so far. Sure she doesn't get the same level of attention than in Red but it is not bad either.
    Yeah... I wish she would have gotten the Kitty and Betsy treatment as the lead of her own book... But I guess we can be glad that at least she's not a supporting character for someone else on one of those either, as X-Force seems to be quite balanced.

TLDR: It could be a bit better, but it could also be quite worse.

well well took me time to do the meme. So better everyone agree LOL

I think i missed X-men Red more on HOXPOX, she was working for a mutant nation and then it was all forgotten. a crime
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-29-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    well well took me time to do the meme. So better everyone agree LOL

I think i missed X-men Red more on HOXPOX, she was working for a mutant nation and then it was all forgotten. a crime
    thanks for the meme, is great and is true
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked how sophie jean looked there, sorry
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    thanks for the meme, is great and is true
    You are welcome. I saw some complaints on twitter about hoxpoxdox and then made this meme.

Alan Fine and Dan buckley are working on Marvel since 2000s, at least what I remember. Perlmutter still is the Marvel chairman.
    Marvel got more liberal, but so is DC because of the market. But both are still very conservatives about their IP
    Those guys are at the head of Marvel Entertainment. They are not involved in the creative aspects of Marvel Comics. That would currently be CB Cebulski as the Editor in Chief. The EIC is the one that has the most direct control of the creative vision of the comics and its whenever this role changes that we see the most changes reflected in the books. Perlmutter and co. dont dictate that. The last traditionalist we had in that position was Quesada who exited in 2011. Alonso and Cebulski now are far more liberal and have been open to giving the individual editors and writers freedom to experiment with stuff that we would not have likely seen 20 years ago

IA. I dont think she'd fit in Fallen Angels, Excalibur or NM. I wouldnt have wanted her in Maraurders and X-Men is too inconsistent to have to wait for her to appear there. X-Force is the best place for her and Percy has sold me on that
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-30-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. I dont think she'd fit in Fallen Angels, Excalibur or NM. I wouldnt have wanted her in Maraurders and X-Men is too inconsistent to have to wait for her to appear there. X-Force is the best place for her and Percy has sold me on that
    You're right. I can't imagine her in other dawn of X book.

Those guys are at the head of Marvel Entertainment. They are not involved in the creative aspects of Marvel Comics. That would currently be CB Cebulski as the Editor in Chief. The EIC is the one that has the most direct control of the creative vision of the comics and its whenever this role changes that we see the most changes reflected in the books. Perlmutter and co. dont dictate that. The last traditionalist we had in that position was Quesada who exited in 2011. Alonso and Cebulski now are far more liberal and have been open to giving the individual editors and writers freedom to experiment with stuff that we would not have likely seen 20 years ago

Yep. I concur. I love Jean's role in X-force so far. I am very pleased that she is in this book and I like that she can guest star in other books since she's on the ruling council and of course she is connected to so many other character (Scott, Logan, Ororo, Emma, etc).

As long Jean is portrayed as smart, confident, and powerful then I'm ok with her not being the sole star of the book or even the main leader of a team. She has a good role to play in X-force and I loved her interacting with Magneto in X-force 2. She had good scenes with him, Beast, and Sage.

Even with Quire on the team and them having near identical in powers Jean still shines. I think Percy does great with the individual voices in his book. I think he will do well with showcasing their talents/powers too.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 11-30-2019 at 11:31 AM.

What was the last Tk feat Jean had?
    levitating a building on water on X-men Red?

I feel like writers are forgeting she is supposed to be a powerful TK too.

marvel entertaiment is marvel comics, the comics is inside the entertaiment division. There isn't a marvel comics twitter, it is all under entertainment.
    Cebulski and Alonso are small fish. We are talking about a billions industry IP. There isn't freedom without the big name executives say "yes"

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

X-Men #3 Venom Island variant cover - Marvel Girl and Cyclops by Belen Ortega
    She will be barely on the issue but they love to use her for variants
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-30-2019 at 12:25 PM.

What was the last Tk feat Jean had?
    levitating a building on water on X-men Red?

I feel like writers are forgeting she is supposed to be a powerful TK too.
    Jean used tk in the last issue of X-force. It was in one small panel, but look at the panel where Jean uncovers the cradle that her and Beast enter. Jean has her hand out when it is shown covered and has her hand out when it is uncovered. There is a light pink effect too. It looks like she moved earth/rock?

She also levitates a lot and she levitated the cerebro helmet from Magneto. I agree though that the focus on her powers lately is telepathy. I love reading old X-factor comics because Jean uses her tk powers so often (usually several times an issue). I've always liked telekinesis better than telepathy but both are awesome powers. I do hope Percy gives Jean some tk action but I bet Quentin will get most of that. Jean will use her telepathy to secure valuable information on their enemies.

marvel entertaiment is marvel comics, the comics is inside the entertaiment division. There isn't a marvel comics twitter, it is all under entertainment.
    Cebulski and Alonso are small fish. We are talking about a billions industry IP. There isn't freedom without the big name executives say "yes"
    yes Marvel is a big company and the comics division is a relatively small part of that company. Perlmutter and co. are more concerned with the films, tv and merchandising than the comics. There is a division of power within the subsidiaries and within the comics division, the top creative force is the EIC, whom doesnt have to report to Perlmutter for approval of every creative decision. The editors report directly to Cebulski and Alonso before him, whom can support or shut down the ideas that they bring to him from the writers

yes Marvel is a big company and the comics division is a relatively small part of that company. Perlmutter and co. are more concerned with the films, tv and merchandising than the comics. There is a division of power within the subsidiaries and within the comics division, the top creative force is the EIC, whom doesnt have to report to Perlmutter for approval of every creative decision. The editors report directly to Cebulski and Alonso before him, whom can support or shut down the ideas that they bring to him from the writers
    I remember when Alonso was getting lots of flak because of diversity, writers come to his defense that he can't do everything he wants.
    It's like people on twitter saying that if they write comics they gonna out X chaarcter, as if writers decided it