Page 591 of 626 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 9381
  1. #8851
    Astonishing Member 5cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really want this to be how the costume is updated.
    First X-Lady

  2. #8852
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    A upgrade for sure.

    looks really good and a cool concept for a cover

    Still looks like Jean is rooting for Australia rugby team LOL

    I really want to know the reason for this change. nothing on solicits hint on a big thing happening for Jean
    We never got the reason why she was in the Marvel Girl costume in the first place.

    The cover of Giant Sized X-Men has a Phoenix symbol in between the Y of Jean Grey. Perhaps this is connected.

  3. #8853
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We never got the reason why she was in the Marvel Girl costume in the first place.

    The cover of Giant Sized X-Men has a Phoenix symbol in between the Y of Jean Grey. Perhaps this is connected.
    Its not. Thats the official logo of Jean that was used for her solo in 2017. Emma's font is the same one used from her solo in the 00s

  4. #8854
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not. Thats the official logo of Jean that was used for her solo in 2017. Emma's font is the same one used from her solo in the 00s
    I'm not saying she's doing a Phoenix transformation in the issue. But perhaps they decide to portray her differently from the way she was shown at the beginning of HoX.

    There's a reason that Logo is there and there is a reason her costume is changing. There's a reason she was put back in the Marvel Girl costume for the HoX to begin with.

    Hickman clearly put the focus on Xavier, Moira, and Magneto reshaping the world for mutants. Jean as she was in X-Men Red and afterwards was a leader, and that's why I think Hickman portrayed her as Marvel Girl in the beginning of this, to put her in a junior position because he didn't want her as one of the initial shapers.

    Notice just before this special, we see Jean Grey flying all over the place and using her telekinetic as well as her telepathic powers. Just as things are about to get started in X-Force, she has a costume change.

    Oh, and the Phoenix symbol used as a part of her logo in her series in 2017? Where ghost Jean/Phoenix and the Phoenix itself were present? You're kind of making my point, this deliberately implies something.

  5. #8855
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I'm not saying she's doing a Phoenix transformation in the issue. But perhaps they decide to portray her differently from the way she was shown at the beginning of HoX.

    There's a reason that Logo is there and there is a reason her costume is changing. There's a reason she was put back in the Marvel Girl costume for the HoX to begin with.

    Hickman clearly put the focus on Xavier, Moira, and Magneto reshaping the world for mutants. Jean as she was in X-Men Red and afterwards was a leader, and that's why I think Hickman portrayed her as Marvel Girl in the beginning of this, to put her in a junior position because he didn't want her as one of the initial shapers.

    Notice just before this special, we see Jean Grey flying all over the place and using her telekinetic as well as her telepathic powers. Just as things are about to get started in X-Force, she has a costume change.

    Oh, and the Phoenix symbol used as a part of her logo in her series in 2017? Where ghost Jean/Phoenix and the Phoenix itself were present? You're kind of making my point, this deliberately implies something.
    You just contradicted your point

  6. #8856
    Mighty Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    This is literally SO good it should honestly be considered to be made an official variant cover for X-Men Giant Size Jean Grey & Emma Frost. In love with the concept, shedding her dated Marvel Girl duds in order to reveal the TRUE Jean Grey, the passionate, brazen and powerful woman whos been eagerly waiting to resurface all this time, genius!
    Im surprised Hickman and Dauterman have not responded. Vinny tagged them with this art on Twitter. I love the lining and detail do much!

  7. #8857
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You just contradicted your point
    Absolutely not.

    I said I think the costume change and the Phoenix symbol mean she is going to be shown more powerful and more aggressive as soon as the Giant Sized X-men. That doesn't mean a Phoenix transformation yet.

    You get ridiculously argumentative.

  8. #8858
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Absolutely not.

    I said I think the costume change and the Phoenix symbol mean she is going to be shown more powerful and more aggressive as soon as the Giant Sized X-men. That doesn't mean a Phoenix transformation yet.

    You get ridiculously argumentative.

  9. #8859
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,323

    Default

    Honestly? If the Phoenix is coming back I'd rather Hickman start laying the seeds for that now rather than later and Giant-Sized is probably the single best place for that.

    Now... assuming that it does... would you guys want the classic Phoenix design or an updated version like, say, the one that Hope had in What If? AvX?

  10. #8860
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly? If the Phoenix is coming back I'd rather Hickman start laying the seeds for that now rather than later and Giant-Sized is probably the single best place for that.

    Now... assuming that it does... would you guys want the classic Phoenix design or an updated version like, say, the one that Hope had in What If? AvX?
    Classic design. Perfection.gif

  11. #8861
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,882

    Default

    Dauterman's Jean from Giant-Size <3

    https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...58687245950976

  12. #8862
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Dauterman's Jean from Giant-Size <3

    https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...58687245950976
    She's beautiful. She looks like a grown woman you should take seriously
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-02-2019 at 11:36 AM.

  13. #8863
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,792

    Default

    She looks so damn good. And he did the shoulders for the costume right too!

  14. #8864
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,323

    Default

    I need more of Russell's Jean as a general rule. This is the best she's looked since being resurrected, and that's saying a LOT.

    Larraz is a very close second.

  15. #8865
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    She looks so damn good. And he did the shoulders for the costume right too!
    Yeah, the original design by Asrar has the shoulders looking good. The reason so many artists draw it horribly is that damn X-Men Red cover. God, I remember how outraged I was when I saw that. I don't remember the name of the artist but he butchered her costume and unfortunately many base it on his version.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •