Page 104 of 626 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9381
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For those who collect Jean-related merchandise, Funko announced they'll be putting out several Dark Phoenix figures this year.
    Funko has previously made Phoenix figures in the past, but they are hard to find and cost a lot. I think Jean is only rivaled by Wolverine and Deadpool for most kinds of X-Men figures made by Funko, so I think it's a testament to how enduring and popular Jean's Phoenix imagery is.

we can be heroes, just for one day

Uncanny sold me on Jean and Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Attachment 78695
    Can't wait, these figs have gotten a lot better lately.
    I’ve emailed marvel and made a suggestion for Jean to get a figure with her Red costume and hoping they add her to MUA3.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Uncanny sold me on Jean and Psylocke

the team ups on unanny were pretty cool

AiPT!: Joshua Chayne‏ (@JoshuaChayne) had a question about Jean Grey (who appears in that Marvelous eXclusive image above) and her powers. Since both teen and adult Jean are the same character, does adult Jean now have the pink psi-body and psi-raptor power-up that the time-displaced Jean developed?

Jordan:
    The answer is yes, but in regards to whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen. If you look at it from her point of view, it’s like she just remembered about this thing she used to do when she was a teenager. She hasn’t used it in a decade… well, I guess less, depending on how long she was dead, but you get my point. It’s not part of her routine, it’s not part of how she normally does things. I am sure there are things we all did all the time 10 years ago that we could still do, if we give it a go, but which are no longer our go-to things. For example, I used to play the keyboard a lot. I am sure if I sat down at one, I could work out how to do it again… but when I want to play music now, I play the ukulele.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-25-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Yes adult Jean remembers everything her younger self did and experience, since it was her who time traveled. That means she retains her pink form.

Jordan: The answer is yes, but in regards to whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen. If you look at it from her point of view, it’s like she just remembered about this thing she used to do when she was a teenager. She hasn’t used it in a decade… well, I guess less, depending on how long she was dead, but you get my point. It’s not part of her routine, it’s not part of how she normally does things. I am sure there are things we all did all the time 10 years ago that we could still do, if we give it a go, but which are no longer our go-to things. For example, I used to play the keyboard a lot. I am sure if I sat down at one, I could work out how to do it again… but when I want to play music now, I play the ukulele.
    Last edited by 5cents; 02-25-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So good bye pink form.
    i knew it.

At this point nothing of Jeen will carry or matter for adult Jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-25-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

AiPT!: Joshua Chayne‏ (@JoshuaChayne) had a question about Jean Grey (who appears in that Marvelous eXclusive image above) and her powers. Since both teen and adult Jean are the same character, does adult Jean now have the pink psi-body and psi-raptor power-up that the time-displaced Jean developed?

Jordan:
    The answer is yes, but in regards to whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen. If you look at it from her point of view, it’s like she just remembered about this thing she used to do when she was a teenager. She hasn’t used it in a decade… well, I guess less, depending on how long she was dead, but you get my point. It’s not part of her routine, it’s not part of how she normally does things. I am sure there are things we all did all the time 10 years ago that we could still do, if we give it a go, but which are no longer our go-to things. For example, I used to play the keyboard a lot. I am sure if I sat down at one, I could work out how to do it again… but when I want to play music now, I play the ukulele.
    That makes sense and no sense at the same time.

Yep. A way of "answering" a fans question, but actually provides no information.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yep. A way of "answering" a fans question, but actually provides no information.
    That's JDW in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Jordan:
    there is no reason not to do it, it's like learning to type with 2 hands but consciously deciding to do it with just one
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This makes me sad, it was such a beautiful thing.

So Jean can't use pink mode that she used like 10 times, but she remembers and easily uses the training she got from the twins on how to stop the hounds, even though she learned once and in a really rushed manner.

Anyway, here's a quote from Apocalypse Manifesto that I really like. I think Apocalypse was spot on about Jean grey during that period and the 90s,up to till Operation Zero Tolerance. Seagles Run/Revolution/New X-Men/X-men Red show a developed Jean that has moved on from some of this issues

" Mother and lover, sister and friend. How difficult must it be for Jean Grey to fulfill all of the roles expected of her? In her own mind, in her own heart, she does not know who she is or how she should act. Torn between the responsibilities and pressures placed on her by the insecurities of others. Jean has decided to be everything and nothing to them all.
    Marvel "Girl" indeed! That a full-fledged woman in body and mind would continue to allow everyone to call her a girl is psychological testament enough to the divided loyalties which rend her soul.
    She has been the weakest one, the strongest one, the sanest one, the craziest one. She has been the nurturer and the dependant. They want all of this from her and more.
    Fascinating then, to see the evolution of both her personality(ies?) and her mutagenic powers. Could she be the Phoenix-force again? Could she come to terms with her internal struggles and let free the terrible energies contained within her?
    Would helping them come to the fore be a wise strategy or are my plans better served by keeping her meekly sublimated to a complex latticework of personal conflict?
    A psychological game of chess it will be then. I shall play the part of the black king, she the white queen. A battlefield of a different sort. Let the pieces fall where they may..."
    Last edited by Del torro; 02-25-2019 at 01:03 PM.

C'mon guys the writing has been on the wall ever since uncanny relaunched, the bird is going back into the box, on to a new exciting life of support role, hypotetical shippings that lead nonowhere and power induced faints/headaches.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

White just "these are stories yet to be told" Jeans's pink power

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    C'mon guys the writing has been on the wall ever since uncanny relaunched, the bird is going back into the box, on to a new exciting life of support role, hypotetical shippings that lead nonowhere and power induced faints/headaches.
    I know... Just wanted to swim in De Nile a little longer

The flaw in JDW's analogy is that Jean's telepathy allows her to remember everything. She should be able to recall something she did as a teenager just as easily as she did something yesterday. They even just brought up Jean's perfect memory in Marvelous X-Men.