Page 231 of 626 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe he just didn't want to spoil much.
    Seems more like he was busy and didn't cared much to give a long answer.

I knew JDW wouldn’t answer the questions but I didn’t see him pawning them off to other writers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe he just didn't want to spoil much.
    Aside from the preview art, they're keeping a pretty tight lid on hints and spoilers.

Whether the views of the writers in this article are reflective of what's coming soon depends on how many of them will be sticking around the X-office for the Hickman era.

We'll find out in the fall.

alex ross marvel preview art

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I'm hoping this is collected, because I want this trade, so bad.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This looks so beautiful!!

Ok Hickman we will be watching. My fav part of the interview about Jean’s powers.

Jean’s only just recently been resurrected and she’s come back with more conviction and purpose than ever and I’m personally far more keen on seeing what she can do when she’s uninhibited and second to none.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Ok Hickman we will be watching. My fav part of the interview about Jean’s powers.
    Yeah I think this whole answer was my favorite one.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seems more like he was busy and didn't cared much to give a long answer.
    The question said "define Jean's role with one word"...
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-10-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved the Jean focus.

I'm happy to see that Jean will have a prominent role in Hickman's run. I"m eager to see his take on the character.

Amazing Member

Saw Dark Phoenix last Wednesday ( in France movies comes out wednesday in theater)

Spoiler Warning

Gotta Say it was a bitter sweet moment.

Still untertaining and pleasing because...about Jean, but yet sooo disappointing on several aspects.

There are scenes you look forward to. If it's there, you enjoy a movie even if it's a bad movie. And that scene wasn't there for me. A moment where Jean would take of Cyplops glasses/visor, to look at him in the eye.

I was pleased though, that their were more cute moments and kisses between those two in this movie, than in the entire franchise.

STILL, I was expecting the (if not sex scene) visorless kiss scene
    In the Forest student party first, It would have match with the moment in new mexico, scott is both worried and glad she can hold his optic blast at bay. That would have being perfect to see her grap scott apart, start making out and taking his glasses off, under Dazzler lights.
    Scott being both pleased and worry (rather than being worry about Jean drinking too much)... Didn't happened

SO i was like : ok then, we gonna have it at the end of the movie, a glorious farewell, ingulf in red light and fire, just like the end of Endsong... didn't happened.

Overall I thing they where simple changes to fix this movie and make it a good tribute to both Jean and the phoenix storyline :

1 replace the parents car crash scene with the Annie Richardson scene.
    That would have beeing as emotional, as powerfull, and more meeningfull. Having her get into Annie's mind, trying to keep her amongst the living, trying to prevent her to slide into death, and doing so, catching the attention of the Phoenix force (who would have feel that, galaxies away, another being played so close with life and death.)

2 use that to connect with apocalypse, and making Jean "responsible" for the M'Bari genocide.
    The phoenix and Jean being now connected, that would have explained why she had those firery destruction visions in apocalypse, and we could imagine that since Annie's event, the phoenix had fly across space to reach her. AND during apocalypse, feeling she was in danger, he shared/teleported/transfered her a glimpse/portion of his power. Leaving him badly weakened. So on his way to earth, he eat a Sun, destroying the M'Bari planete. Just add a few flash back of apocalypse, the phoenix striking into a sun to fuel himself, and see families, cities and planets of m'bari explode with it (making Jessica chastain slightly more interresting while she explains all that).

3 Add the visorless Kiss in the forest, (reference to new mexico), building even more the jott relationship, and a visorless farewell with scott. Red light, I'll always return to you, sacrifice (endsong reference). And to close their arc, Scott writting on her memorial :"she will rise again". Therefore, we would have had more intensity and emotion between those too, AND a possibilty to catch up with the bright future at the end of DOFP. Because " I will always come back to you"+ "she will rise again" + phoenix in the sky at the end = you can easily imagine that she would resurrect few years later, and end up with every one alive when Logan wakes up.

4 Just add a line to explain that she can survive in contact with space vaccum with a telekinetic shield. Have Chastain's character getting more into Jean's head to make her loose control (Wynegard style) instead of this Charles/John grey stupid drama. And finally make her really get full Phoenix when she blows up Chastain. Have her naked, but dressed with light and fire ( since a phoenix outfit would have looked silly) instead of this sad civil outfit that she keeps untill the very end.

That would have being my perfect Dark Phoenix farewell to this x-men franchise
    Last edited by aries27; 06-10-2019 at 04:58 PM.

I am super excited for the Hickman era. I cannot wait to see Jean in House of X/Powers of X. I am glad she will be prominent. Someone said Hickman may write Jean similar to how he did Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four. I've been reading some of his work and I thought he did really well with Invisible Woman (she was powerful in her abilities and her personality imo though Reed was the clear star of the book).

The X-men Monday today was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am super excited for the Hickman era. I cannot wait to see Jean in House of X/Powers of X. I am glad she will be prominent. Someone said Hickman may write Jean similar to how he did Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four. I've been reading some of his work and I thought he did really well with Invisible Woman (she was powerful in her abilities and her personality imo though Reed was the clear star of the book).

The X-men Monday today was very enjoyable.
    Sue personality has nothing to do with Jean. I'm not fan of women being interchangeable

I don't know why but when I went back to read the x-men monday for the second third fourth time I can't help but feel fkin piss for some reason

I know it's June, but Alex Ross' art makes any time of year feel festive.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

FRONT COVER, with jean displaying a phoenix shaped tk force fieldScreen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.29.32.jpg