Page 357 of 626 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was expected that Jean would be background after Scott coming back and I don't expect any good from Hickman
    To be honest Disassembled and Age of X-man had those problems for Jean and Scott wasn't part of those.
    They have shared half an issue after 14 years. In fact their connections are probably what allowed her to pull double duty on X-men instead of being only on X-force.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She's on two books front and center, leading both of them, and even has her love-trianage with Wolverine in X-Factor going. Meanwhile Scott is a background character on one book, and Emma is a cartoonishly evil villain who will never show up in her book. What more did you want?
    You didn't read the solicits? X-men is Cyclops team, Jean is proably there for first arc. Jean isn't the leader of X-force, it is Beast and Wolverine. And for sure there isn't any love triangle with Wolverine.
    Hickman said Marauders concept is a direct continuation of hoxpox, he and Duggan are emma fan boys.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    To be honest Disassembled and Age of X-man had those problems for Jean and Scott wasn't part of those.
    They have shared half an issue after 14 years. In fact their connections are probably what allowed her to pull double duty on X-men instead of being only on X-force.
    Jean shouldn't depend on Cyclops to be on a book.

Dissassembled Jean was important, she was leading a team. Then on age of x-men she wasn't important but the event also wasn't important, so whateves
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-17-2019 at 03:02 PM.

You didn't read the solicits? X-men is Cyclops team, Jean is proably there for first arc. Jean isn't the leader of X-force, it is Beast and Wolverine. And for sure there isn't any love triangle with Wolverine.
    Hickman said Marauders concept is a direct continuation of hoxpox, he and Duggan are emma fan boys.
    Did you read the solicits? Emma doesn't show up in Marauders outside a cameo until issue three, and won't be in any of the actual action at least through issue five. She's also shown to be cartoonishly evil working with Shaw against Kitty and Storm. The entire Marauders story is Hickman going "the last five years of canon don't actually matter or even exist".

Meanwhile, Jean is the leader of the X-Force intelligence squad, and is co-leading the book alongside her love interest, Wolverine. The main X-book is Scott and Jean co-leading it with Wolverine.

Jean shouldn't depend on Cyclops to be on a book.

She doesn't, it is just a nice bonus.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The sky isn't falling, my dudes. Jean will be fine. She's one of the few X-Men in HoX/PoX outside of Charles and Erik that is appearing for sure, and she has a role in two books in Dawn of X, plus who knows what's going on in wave 2 and if Jean may appear in any of those.

Plus, Scott is important to Jean even if they aren't together and vice versa. Jean is going to be important in X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Meanwhile, Jean is the leader of the X-Force intelligence squad, and is co-leading the book alongside her love interest, Wolverine. The main X-book is Scott and Jean co-leading it with Wolverine.
    Jean's not leader or am I missing something? I was pretty sure Beast was listed as leader of that division

I thought Jean and Beast were co-leading.

Also it is funny and weird because if there is someone who would be more againts X-force than Jean it would be Beast
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's not leader or am I missing something? I was pretty sure Beast was listed as leader of that division
    They can say that, but I find it hard to believe that one of (if not the most) hated X-characters of the last half-decade is going to be taking any amount of panel space away from Jean. I'm willing to bet Jean will double, if not triple McCoy's panel time in that series.

They can say that, but I find it hard to believe that one of (if not the most) hated X-characters of the last half-decade is going to be taking any amount of panel space away from Jean. I'm willing to bet Jean will double, if not triple McCoy's panel time in that series.
    Liking Beast is suffering but I agree. I think Jean will be more important. Jean is one of those characters that always have a presence. My guess is that Jean, Wolverine and maybe Quire and Beast will have most of the spotlight. With Jean and Wolverine having most of it.

Did you read the solicits? Emma doesn't show up in Marauders outside a cameo until issue three, and won't be in any of the actual action at least through issue five. She's also shown to be cartoonishly evil working with Shaw against Kitty and Storm. The entire Marauders story is Hickman going "the last five years of canon don't actually matter or even exist".

We don't know how much Emma gonna show up. The writer is her fan so she will show up a lot, she is on the cover of the 2nd issue. She isn't ploting against Kitty, she doesn't even like Shaw.
    That isn't a bad thing Hickman ignore the last 5 years.

Percy already said that intelligence division is Hank leading and the ops is Wolverine.
    if Jean was co-leading x-men solicits would call it Jean and Scott saga, not Scott saga

Panel time and leader of the team are two different things. Kitty became one of the most hated character and they are still keeping her as leader of a squad so I dont think that follows

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I thought Jean and Beast were co-leading.

Also it is funny and weird because if there is someone who would be more againts X-force than Jean it would be Beast
    X-Force is simply a name. Beast hated Cyclop's version of X-Force for very specific reasons, which likely wont apply here

We don't know how much Emma gonna show up. The writer is her fan so she will show up a lot, she is on the cover of the 2nd issue. She isn't ploting against Kitty, she doesn't even like Shaw.
    That isn't a bad thing Hickman ignore the last 5 years.

Percy already said that intelligence division is Hank leading and the ops is Wolverine.
    if Jean was co-leading x-men solicits would call it Jean and Scott saga, not Scott saga
    Okay, so you didn't read the solicits. I didn't expect you would have any interest in Marauders, so that's not a shocker.

Covers lie. The solicits say that she shows up on panel outside a flashback for the first time in issue three, where Emma and the Hellfire Trading Company are apparently backstabbing each other. So unless you have some information that none of the Emma fans have regarding this, that's what I have to go on. Which the cover for three is also Emma and Shaw sharing a drink.

Like I said before, if anyone actually thinks McCoy (or Sage for that matter) are going to show up more than Jean, they're kidding themselves. Jean will triple the panel time every other character gets except Wolverine, who I expect will quintuple McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Panel time and leader of the team are two different things. Kitty became one of the most hated character and they are still keeping her as leader of a squad so I dont think that follows

X-Force is simply a name. Beast hated Cyclop's version of X-Force for very specific reasons, which likely wont apply here
    Leader and "Leader" are two different things. McCoy might be the "leader", but nothing on panel is going to reflect that. He will be a LINO: A Leader In Name Only.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Leader and "Leader" are two different things. McCoy might be the "leader", but nothing on panel is going to reflect that. He will be a LINO: A Leader In Name Only.
    I think that you're trying to say Jean would be the lead, not the leader.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that you're trying to say Jean would be the lead, not the leader.
    Pretty much, yeah. Jean and Wolverine will be the book's leads. The other characters will be background. All the books are pretty clear except the only team book (New Mutants) and Fallen Angels since they only have three characters. Marauders is about Kitty and Storm, X-Force is Jean and Wolverine, X-Men (first set) will be Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine, Excalibur will basically be a Psylocke solo.