Page 86 of 626 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I'm super excited for Jean and Bishop. They can bring each other in awesome new directions. It can be a great adult, mature, confident relationship.
    Same, SGD, same! I know it's not "impressive" yet, but the capacity for something we haven't seen before is there. I also think someone like Dr. Strange could be interesting in a very out-of-the-box way. They have ties to powerful mysticism in common.
    Last edited by Can'tHexTheX; 02-10-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

I'm super excited for Jean and Bishop. They can bring each other in awesome new directions. It can be a great adult, mature, confident relationship.
    someone mentioned (Rosenberg) on twitter that Jean was not going to return to the universe 616

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    someone mentioned (Rosenberg) on twitter that Jean was not going to return to the universe 616
    Which is a lie, let's be real. It's way too soon to spoil the ending of AOXM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Which is a lie, let's be real. It's way too soon to spoil the ending of AOXM.
    Of course it is a lie.
    like everything that happens in the AOXM, the same writers have said it.

there is some characters that won't make it to 616, but I doubt Jean gonna stay on AOXM. That would mean she would be dead

It will be great to renew Jean as character and show how versatile she can be.

Also controversy is good to sell and to get atention. for now it all looks good
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-11-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Fantastic Member

Of course it is a lie.
    like everything that happens in the AOXM, the same writers have said it.
    I interpreted it as, Jean is not going back to "Uncanny". Maybe a different book, coz I am guessing AOXM will have some side effects. I don't think they brought back Jean just to be on comics in time for the DP movie and then just get rid of her.

Am hoping once Jean comes back on 616, she will be a hybrid of the old Jean and the Teen Jean.

Mighty Member

and he also told the Jott fans to read the story, because he is not ending the Scott-Jean relationship.
    Got a link?

I know Thompson has said that he has no problem with Scott and Jean being together and that he encouraged a reluctant Jott shipper to read "Age of X-Man", promising that he/she would be surprised. If he's made more specific comments since, I haven't seen them.

Separately, Rosenberg has said he's "sure" there are more Jott stories "down the road", but it's not clear whether that was a hint or just a general "anything can happen in superhero comics" statement.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Subtext, my friend. That's what the spazzing that we see around the interwebs in response to Bean or any surprising or different Jean Grey shipping is about, when we get down to the nitty gritty. I mean, with Bishop specifically there's the whole 'but he's brown' thing but in general it's sexism against Jean.
    Bullshit.

The problem with Bishop isn't his race. The problem with Bishop is that he's a mass murderer who deliberately and knowingly caused the deaths of billions of people. He has never answered for that. If you don't believe me, you can find summaries of the relevant issues here: https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/series/cable-2nd-series.

It's not about sexism, either. Back in the day, Scott's affair with Emma was off-putting, too. If you don't believe me, search this forum for "The Rectangle" thread. People are still arguing about it all 15 years after the stories in question were published.

For Jott shippers, the source of offense is that 1) she's not with Scott and 2) Jean and Bishop's relationship, by the admission of one of its creators, exists in part as a device to keep Scott and Jean apart.

Now, if Scott was still dead and staying that way permanently, I wouldn't have a problem with Jean striking up a romance with Fury Jr. or T'Challa or any other heroic character of color.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 02-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I interpreted it as, Jean is not going back to "Uncanny". Maybe a different book, coz I am guessing AOXM will have some side effects. I don't think they brought back Jean just to be on comics in time for the DP movie and then just get rid of her.

Am hoping once Jean comes back on 616, she will be a hybrid of the old Jean and the Teen Jean.
    it means that Jean is "dead" from Uncanny in the short term, while AOXM lasts. (One person asked if Jean and Scott would have any interaction in Uncanny, that's why he said that Jean was dead, like the rest of the X-men in the universe 616)

Jean and Bishop starting a relationship as single humans =/= Scott's affair

Emma has a seedy past too so lets not treat Bishop's character assassination (that honestly should just be forgotten about) with a double standard.

it means that Jean is "dead" from Uncanny in the short term, while AOXM lasts. (One person asked if Jean and Scott would have any interaction in Uncanny, that's why he said that Jean was dead, like the rest of the X-men in the universe 616)
    As much as I hated Ruth's death I also think she can't "see" the return of the people trapped in AoXM because they no longer exist in the timeline until they can escape from that pocket universe.

I just realized how Nate did it, I was reading AgeOfX again and because Nate got into Legion's head he had access to the "Moira" abilities plus the life seed, so Nate probably did create a pocket universe. But I don't think it's sustainable without Legion and Nate both powering it, I imagine that Legion is probably trapped in AoXM someplace and that rescuing him to get out of the pocket universe may be the only solution. But because they exist out of normal 616 time now, Ruth could not see them in the time line at all. In all respects everyone in AoXM appears to be dead or gone in the 616 time line.

What happens when everyone returns, I think it will be similar to AoX, they will remember both universes and some of the relationship inter-dynamics will bleed into their return to 616. So yeah I could very well see Jean and Bishop pursuing something when they return. Jean could stand to be single a bit longer too, so I am good with that as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Got a link?

I know Thompson has said that he has no problem with Scott and Jean being together and that he encouraged a reluctant Jott shipper to read "Age of X-Man", promising that he/she would be surprised. If he's made more specific comments since, I haven't seen them.

Separately, Rosenberg has said he's "sure" there are more Jott stories "down the road", but it's not clear whether that was a hint or just a general "anything can happen in superhero comics" statement.
    It was a comment in an interview.

Emma has a seedy past too so lets not treat Bishop's character assassination (that honestly should just be forgotten about) with a double standard.
    FUBAR007 has stated many times his dislike for most if not all that happened since Morrison. There's no double standard with him/her. He/she has probably been harder on Scott than everyone on this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    As much as I hated Ruth's death I also think she can't "see" the return of the people trapped in AoXM because they no longer exist in the timeline until they can escape from that pocket universe.

I just realized how Nate did it, I was reading AgeOfX again and because Nate got into Legion's head he had access to the "Moira" abilities plus the life seed, so Nate probably did create a pocket universe. But I don't think it's sustainable without Legion and Nate both powering it, I imagine that Legion is probably trapped in AoXM someplace and that rescuing him to get out of the pocket universe may be the only solution. But because they exist out of normal 616 time now, Ruth could not see them in the time line at all. In all respects everyone in AoXM appears to be dead or gone in the 616 time line.

What happens when everyone returns, I think it will be similar to AoX, they will remember both universes and some of the relationship inter-dynamics will bleed into their return to 616. So yeah I could very well see Jean and Bishop pursuing something when they return. Jean could stand to be single a bit longer too, so I am good with that as well.
    I think some of their memories should bleed over as well, but unfortunately will probably be left by the wayside. Frenzy was one of the few that really came out changed after AoX, which I enjoyed. But others, such as Betsy and Bobby's relationship never got brought up. While I don't think Bishop is the right person for Jean, I am willing to see how it plays out. I feel that Jean's popularity will be used to prop Bishop up when he should be propped up on his own two feet, figuratively speaking.

I will say part of me enjoys when Marvel pairs up characters of different races though.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Agreed.

Jean deserves the opportunity to explore another romantic relationship. Scott got time with Madelyne and Emma, Jean should be able to do the same with someone new. This franchise needs to explore new dynamics anyway.