Page 62 of 626 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

There was no psychic attack. Jean was just trying to talk him down and show him why he should stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There was no psychic attack. Jean was just trying to talk him down and show him why he should stop.
    Which is the same thing she literally just did with Nova. It's so sad that the Xoffice can't keep this crap straight...first they have the characters repeating the same lines in the same issue and then borrow an element from a storyline in a book that just came out. They're out of ideas THAT quickly!?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Which is the same thing she literally just did with Nova. It's so sad that the Xoffice can't keep this crap straight...first they have the characters repeating the same lines in the same issue and then borrow an element from a storyline in a book that just came out. They're out of ideas THAT quickly!?
    To borrow would imply that the UXM writers read Red's finale before they wrote theirs. Considering the timing of both issues, thats not likely the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To borrow would imply that the UXM writers read Red's finale before they wrote theirs. Considering the timing of both issues, thats not likely the case.
    I honestly don't believe they read anything that's being published. They might share information, but not the details.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I honestly don't believe they read anything that's being published. They might share information, but not the details.
    I think thats evident to the point where its downright embarassing

I much less versed in Nate than I am Nova. Nova is a pretty straightforward abomination that didn't have empathy for other people (and per Red was completely incapable of until recently) and was driven entirely by hatred of Charles and everything he cared about. Nate has no such deficiency that I'm aware of, but per the final issue of Disassembled it seems like Jean directly showed him the misery people were having because...he didn't understand it or was willfully disregarding it?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yup, Jean only talked with Nate.

Nova is an entire different situation

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

In the Age of X-Man alpha preview, Jean senses the emotions of the mutant they are trying to find. They really seem to be playing up Jean’s empathic personality and empathy as a core aspect of her telepathic powers lately. Her being much more empathic will probably be how they will differentiate her from the other psychics.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean's emphaty is cool but if she becomes mother teresa that's boring. Sometimes is fun to wreck things a little and i feel that part of Jean is being forgotten

While it wasn't an aggressive psychic attack, I do agree that it was one. She did use her powers on him which the comic clearly shows. It had an effect on him and caused him to release control of the Horseman. He also tells her to stop. I would call that a psychic attack.

I know I'm not misremembering on this because I've got the comic in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean's emphaty is cool but if she becomes mother teresa that's boring. Sometimes is fun to wreck things a little and i feel that part of Jean is being forgotten
    Not always empathy gonna work. We need balance.

Lets examine this.

I think Jean made Nate feel all the pain he was causing similar to how Ghost Rider makes people feel the pain they have caused or similar to a power stunt Empath could do. So, I think it qualifies as a telepathic/empathic attack. Jean was trying to neutralize the threat by hoping Nate would stop his attack after feeling the pain and suffering he was causing.

Jean reminded Nate that she also knows what it is like to play god and that she has caused pain with her decisions just like he was currently doing. She then reaches out to him and says "let me show you". Some fans interpret it as Jean showing Nate the pain she has caused as Phoenix/Dark Phoenix because of the comparison she had just made, but I think she was showing him the pain he was causing with his current actions. If you look in her pink power in the bottom left corner you see what looks like a temple similar to the ones Nate made disappear.

As Nate feels all the pain and suffering, he is distracted and loses his hold over the horsemen. He shouts "mother, enough!".

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-24-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    That looks great! It feels like an edgier, tougher version of Jean Grey. And there's certainly a place for that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.