Page 311 of 626 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jean has a leadership role in X-Force, actually.
    the writer said that Beast is th eintel leader. So I'm won't hold my breathe for Jean taking over

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Jean has a leadership role in X-Force, actually.
    I thought Beast was in charge. I would like Jean leading but I'm not sure if leading X-force.
    it depends of how edgy Marvel will make it. I really don't want her morality tarnished.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I wasn't saying she'd be the leader, just that she probably has a leadership role. They aren't exactly the same thing.

Also are there interviews for the new books other than from Hickman?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wasn't saying she'd be the leader, just that she probably has a leadership role. They aren't exactly the same thing.

Also are there interviews for the new books other than from Hickman?
    Writers talked about it on their twitters

Let me preface by saying the fact that costume complaints are my only complaint is a good thing.

Now that’s out of the way....

I hate the codename marvel girl and I hate that costume. If that wasn’t bad enough they add leggings with chunky pouches to it lmaooooooo. I can’t even.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Can I get some context to Jean saying that Xavier unlocked her powers? Like what issue was this stated or shown?

Xavier "shares" his telepathy with Jean in preparation for the impending Z'Nox invasion but it's generally understood that he unlocked her suppressed telepathic ability. He and Jean begin experiments to help her master and control her "new" ability. You can check it out yourself, I think it starts around #40 or 41 of X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Xavier "shares" his telepathy with Jean in preparation for the impending Z'Nox invasion but it's generally understood that he unlocked her suppressed telepathic ability. He and Jean begin experiments to help her master and control her "new" ability. You can check it out yourself, I think it starts around #40 or 41 of X-Men.
    Thanks. Guess that is where Kinberg got the “Xavier messed with Jean’s mind leading to the events of Dark Phoenix” came from.

It's also established in X-Men Origins: Jean Grey and X-Men First Class: Marvel Girl that Charles locked Jean's telepathy away because it was so powerful.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Can I get some context to Jean saying that Xavier unlocked her powers? Like what issue was this stated or shown?

Uncanny X-Men 41-43. In 41, it is revealed that Xavier and Jean are conducting secret experiments. In 42, it is implied Jean has telepathy when she is the only one to hear Xavier’s telepathic command. In 43 it is revealed that Xavier unlocked her telepathy so they will still have access to that power after his death. Xavier seemingly died in 42 in battle trying to stop Grotesk. Later it was revealed that the changling died posing as Xavier. Charles went into hiding to prepare to stop the z’nox.

Jean used telepathy with the help of a brain wave amplifier on two occasions before this. In Uncanny 20 to view Xavier’s memories about Lucifer and in Uncanny 33 to probe xavier’s subconscious to learn about the cytorak.

Let’s take a moment to to appreciate that Jean is a live and is going to be a big part of the x-universe.

Anyone ask Hickman is this the permanent team for his book? For some reason I feel the team will change and the book will focus on different characters for different arcs.
    First X-Lady

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

It's also established in X-Men Origins: Jean Grey and X-Men First Class: Marvel Girl that Charles locked Jean's telepathy away because it was so powerful.
    Also, first in bizarre adventures #27.

Finally on the board. Heard the news and I was disappointed when I saw Jean in X-Force bc I wanted her on the main X-men team and then saw she was on both! Never thought Id ever see her in a book titled X-fORCE

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Let’s take a moment to to appreciate that Jean is a live and is going to be a big part of the x-universe.

Anyone ask Hickman is this the permanent team for his book? For some reason I feel the team will change and the book will focus on different characters for different arcs.
    I believe it was established that X-Men will be a rotating cast book, but i wouldn't be surprised to see characters like Jean and Scott as constants or frequent members.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Also, first in bizarre adventures #27.
    Thanks! I knew it was somewhere earlier than that but didn't know where.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post

X-men is a book that everyone is in. So the cast is rotating

I believe it was established that X-Men will be a rotating cast book, but i wouldn't be surprised to see characters like Jean and Scott as constants or frequent members.
    Hickman avengers had Ironman, Captain America and Thor as main characters rosters. I guess it all depend on who the stories are about. If he is telling a Jean story, she will be on the main roster just like iron man and cap america were to avengers. We already know that x-men is Cyclops book.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-21-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the writer said that Beast is th eintel leader. So I'm won't hold my breathe for Jean taking over
    I think Jean is going to be positioned as the moral compass for the group. I mean lets be honest the group is filled with a bunch of morally flexible characters. I can see Jean reigning the team in when they start to get too trigger happy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    X-men is a book that everyone is in. So the cast is rotating

Hickman avengers had Ironman, Captain America and Thor as main characters rosters. I guess it all depend on who the stories are about. If he is telling a Jean story, she will be on the main roster just like iron man and cap america were to avengers. We already know that x-men is Cyclops book.
    Yup just have to adopt a wait and see approach but all signs point to Jean being more than a wallpaper character during Hickman's era. When she starts getting treated like Polaris then it's time to worry lol
    Last edited by loke13; 07-21-2019 at 12:59 PM.