Page 531 of 626 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's costume redesign!

New York, NY— October 25, 2019 — The plans Jonathan Hickman has for the X-Men aren’t just big; they’re giant-size. Fresh off launching the X-Men into an exciting new era in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X, Marvel revealed at MCM Comic Con London that Jonathan Hickman will be joining forces with the industry’s top artists to craft a stellar new series: GIANT-SIZE X-MEN. Starting in February, each issue will combine Hickman’s captivating storytelling with the iconic art of a different superstar artist to depict grand-scale adventures focused on specific X-Men characters.

And it all begins with GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST #1! The new mutant nation of Krakoa is the place for fresh starts, and Jean and Emma, known for their fierce rivalry, will unite to rescue Storm from danger. The two powerful telepaths are in good hands as artist Russell Dauterman will be the first to partner with Hickman for the series. Dauterman will be accompanied by expert colorist Matt Wilson

Known for his acclaimed work on THE MIGHTY THOR, Dauterman is no stranger to Marvel’s merry mutants, often providing phenomenal covers featuring character designs that have made him a favorite among X-Men fans. An X-Men fan himself, Dauterman is eager to use his skills to bring Hickman’s vision to life. “I’ve wanted to draw X-Men comics since I was a kid, so drawing this issue of X-MEN is a dream come true,” says Dauterman. “I’m so thrilled to be working on this with Jonathan and Matt, and it’s co-starring my favorite character, Jean Grey!”

Giant-Size X-Men was first used as a title in 1975 in a legendary special issue by Len Wein and David Cockrum. It not only marked a new genesis for the team, introducing iconic characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, but is credited for catapulting the X-Men into the powerhouse franchise they are today, a legacy that Hickman and others will now honor month after month. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about other upcoming GIANT-SIZE X-MEN issues and the artists and characters you can expect to find within their pages!
    I wonder why she will be wearing the costume for this issue or if it will show up in a x-force before this,

Too bad that Jean has to share the spotlight with Emma. it is a sad state of the character

BANNED

Recolored X Men red costume.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks like there’s chemistry a-brewin’! Also, nice to see Jean flexing her tk muscles again.

Also, SO FRICKIN EXCITED for Jean & Emma’s team-up! The slayage is gonna be next level I swear!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's costume looks much better in green/gold IMO. Happy to see the change.

Also, here for Jean's chemistry with Logan. Get it, Ms. Grey!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean's costume looks much better in green/gold IMO. Happy to see the change.

Also, here for Jean's chemistry with Logan. Get it, Ms. Grey!
    As long as it doesn't become a mess with Scott, i'm ok.

But Jean should get involved with someone new

Love the Dauterman redesign, and the specificity of his saying Jean's his fave. Can't wait <3!

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Love the Dauterman redesign, and the specificity of his saying Jean's his fave. Can't wait <3!
    I think he is the only creative that ever said that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think he is the only creative that ever said that.
    Larraz said Jean is his favorite too(in a tie with Storm).

Jean doesn't seem too popular with writers, but artists love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Larraz said Jean is his favorite too(in a tie with Storm).

Jean doesn't seem too popular with writers, but artists love her.
    I saw that Larraz likes her, when he puts her in the center of his cover of HOXPOX hardcover and has she present always.

It's a bit bad because writers are the ones that decides about story and characterizations.

I hope Hickman pays her more respect in that one-shot, cuz so far her character has been rather underwhelming. Still waiting to see what X-Force does with her, though.

I will say this: if they for some reason start having Jean wearing revamped iterations of all her costumes, I will be here. For. IT! Make it happen, loving artists!

Dawn of X should just be Jean wearing different versions of her old costumes. Writers not being a fan of Jean is part of the reason why she was gone for so long. I haven’t hated everything Hickman has done with Jean so far so this issue should let us know how he sees Jean.
    First X-Lady

What Hickman has done with Jean that I like so far

-cares for both mutants and humans
    -part of the counsel
    -contributed to the first law
    -took down Sabertooth
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    What Hickman has done with Jean that I like so far

-cares for both mutants and humans
    -part of the counsel
    -contributed to the first law
    -took down Sabertooth
    Indeed, but it's still comparatively so little to many others. Artists put her in covers and we've yet to see X-Force, but Hickman seems far more interested in other characters. This issue should be a could indicator of what he really makes of her (though the entire spacebase issue established he saw her as a weird damsel who gets literally spat out. Still salty about that).

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Indeed, but it's still comparatively so little to many others. Artists put her in covers and we've yet to see X-Force, but Hickman seems far more interested in other characters. This issue should be a could indicator of what he really makes of her (though the entire spacebase issue established he saw her as a weird damsel who gets literally spat out. Still salty about that).
    I really don't like Emma fan writers doing a issue with Jean, much less Jean and Emma team up. Specially when it is shown that Hicman favor the later one.
    With Dauterman drawing we might get a more balanced team up.

I noticed that she is going by Jean Grey in this so hopefully she officially drops the Marvel Girl codename when she takes this costume. She's already started to move away from it as we saw in X-men #1

As for Hickman and the issue, not excited to see him write bc his Jean has been underwhelming. I dont tend to hold writer's favorites against them but he's already stated that Emma is among them and he's already made it clear in his writing so Im setting my expectations low as a Jean fan
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-25-2019 at 10:28 AM.