Page 360 of 626 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 9381

BEAST: **** you, Scott. Stupid piece of fire chicken. Garbage. Your brothers suck! Where are your Timbs? You're a joke! Remember your DEAD WIFE?! Oh, that's okay, you boutta remember real soon. INHUMANS 4 LIFE!!! I'M GAY, BTW. BOBBY, DID YOU KNOW I'M GAY?!?!

ALSO BEAST: nO nOoOoOo don't hit meeeeee, it's my birthdaaaaaaaay, i'm a blue baby boooooooooy, did you know I'm a classic Avenger?!

that's why me, pz, and smith stan a legend, the last beast stans on earth
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Beast is one of my favs, but the writers have not done him any favors in recent years. For one they put him against the most popular X-man character : Cyclops and even though Beast was right and Scott was wrong fans will never see that. Most fans think Scott was right in all of his motives and actions.

Beast definitely needs redeemed. I've always loved Beast's friendship with Jean. Grant Morrison wrote some of the best Beast and Jean interactions. It made me think of the early X-Men issues with Jean and Beast teasing each other.

no.

1) Wolverine is the most popular X-character. It has been that way since like 1990.

2) Beast wasn't right. At all. Uatu had to come down and tell him as much. The whole editorial mandate of "Scott is exactly like Magneto" LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED. We were all informed that Scott is evil, but nothing was ever shown. Beast lied to the O5 to bring them to the present for the sole purpose of convincing Scott to jail or kill himself. Nearly destroying BOTH timelines in the process. All to stop Scott from... helping mutants who were about to be shot dead by police? Stopping Dark Beast from destroying all of the X-Men and SHIELD?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He ruined Nightcrawler's funeral to bitch at Scott. This was after he had already quit the team but came back just to make Scott feel like sh-t at a damn funeral
    Reminds me of the time Scott and Emma shagged on Jean Grey's grave...

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    We don't need a reminder. Certain posters on here insist that was the only thing that happened between 1992 and 2017.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    We don't need a reminder. Certain posters on here insist that was the only thing that happened between 1992 and 2017.
    that what I mean when people said Morrison handled things with grace. He didn't all of that was unnecessary and ony hurt the characters.
    all topics eventually devolve about how toxic and horrible was that situation.

they could have even break Jean and Scott on a more sensible way and make scemma but for some reason they had to do it in the worst way possible, that isn't good.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 07:05 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    that what I mean when people said Morrison handled things with grace. He didn't all of that was unnecessary and ony hurt the characters.
    Why does everyone insist that they had sex on the grave? Neither Morrison nor Austen portrayed it that way. They had a quick kiss and they moved on. After Jean psychically pushed Scott to move on.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

all topics eventually devolve about how toxic and horrible was that situation.

they could have even break Jean and Scott on a more sensible way and make scemma but for some reason they had to do it in the worst way possible, that isn't good.
    Why did Joe Quesada mandate it happen?

The issue wasn't the affair. The reason people insist that the affair was the only thing that happened in X-Men between 1992 and 2017 is because Jean stayed dead afterwards, so the actual personal consequences of the affair were never addressed. Which sucks because Morrison was the best portrayal of Jean, one of the best of Beast, one of the best for Emma, and the last time Charles was likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Why does everyone insist that they had sex on the grave? Neither Morrison nor Austen portrayed it that way. They had a quick kiss and they moved on. After Jean psychically pushed Scott to move on.
    I know, I agree with you because that was what happened on the book and what JDW answers when someone asks him. that Jean made Scott do it but that is not how some people see it. People are always trying to paint everything in the worst way posible for some reason.

BANNED

Send me the fanfic link, mate, I'd love to see that ****.

As far as the comics go, it was a quick kiss after a psychic push.

Unless "shagging" has a different meaning wherever you're from.

Why did Joe Quesada mandate it happen?

The issue wasn't the affair. The reason people insist that the affair was the only thing that happened in X-Men between 1992 and 2017 is because Jean stayed dead afterwards, so the actual personal consequences of the affair were never addressed. Which sucks because Morrison was the best portrayal of Jean, one of the best of Beast, one of the best for Emma, and the last time Charles was likeable.
    Jean could have stayed alive but the problems stay to this day were both are alive. Jean being killed was one of the problems but Morrison's treatment of Jean and Emma is still so mysoginistic, and I don't know about you but I also get tired of people saying how horrible is Scott and presenting that run all the time as the only portrayal of the character.

edit: not trying to be rude to you or anybody but i certainly don't think the characters were treated with respect. If someone thinks they were I doubt that person would want their character dying for more than a decade or betraying his/her loved ones. when that happens to other characters then maybe others could understand how i don't see the greatness of the situation.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 07:19 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I know, I agree with you because that was what happened on the book and what JDW answers when someone asks him. that Jean made Scott do it but that is not how some people see it. People are always trying to paint everything in the worst way posible for some reason.
    I wasn't trying to single you out, mind! Just discussing the point.

We're never going to know for sure what Morrison intended with the Jean/Scott/Emma love triangle. He'll never speak on it, so all we have is what's unambiguously on the page: if it hadn't been for Phoenix/HTC Jean's intervention Scott would have retired and the world would have gone to **** because Beast can't handle his drugs. And when Jean DID alter history, she made it so that Scott would get with Emma, who was what he needed at the time.

And mind you, I liked Scemma when they were together for the time that they were together. They complimented each other for a while... but it became toxic, and certainly detrimental to Emma's character itself. Emma is absolutely worse for having been in that relationship. (Looking at you, Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men).
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean could have stayed alive but the problems stay to this day were both are alive. Jean being killed was one of the problems but Morrison's treatment of Jean and Emma is still so mysoginistic, and I don't know about you but I also get tired of people saying how horrible is Scott and presenting that run all the time as the only portrayal of the character.
    I fail to see how Jean or Emma's portrayal was remotely misogynistic.

Yeah, no. most see Jean for more than that. I just didn't like Jean being dumped and killed. I'm not going to act like her character being treated as disposable trash was the greatest thing ever when clearly the editors at the time didn't care at all for her.
    on the cyclops side I didn't like him looking bad again and being hated (it wasn't even an orgininal mess, maddie mess was first).
    believe me there are ways to explore the characters individually without treated them or their relationship like trash. there are way more mature ways to do that and that has been done better with literally any other couple.They even could have been separated without drama or toxicity.

like you now there is no need to make one or the other look bad or screw the other in order to tell a story, totally unecessary and disrespectful.
    That was unacceptable. Specially that Jean became a women in refrigerator and fandom accept it. Talk about dissapointment
    I fail to see how Jean or Emma's portrayal was remotely misogynistic.
    it really was misogynistic. Not sure if worse or same level than Morrison treatment of Talia

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That was unacceptable. Specially that Jean became a women in refrigerator and fandom accept it. Talk about dissapointment

it really was misogynistic. Not sure if worse or same level than Morrison treatment of Talia
    Except that is a complete misuse of that trope. Jean died via Editorial Interference. Her death was not 100% done just to make Scott feel bad, no matter what you think.

Except that is a complete misuse of that trope. Jean died via Editorial Interference. Her death was not 100% done just to make Scott feel bad, no matter what you think.
    It was Morrison idea and he never spoke against it.
    So why she died? all her dead was to show how Scott was better off without Jean and proof that she only dies on him

Agree that Scott really needed to be called out by Beast. But the moment was unfortunate.

just never go against Cyclops if you are a x-men, if you are a avengers never go against Cap america (easier)