Page 447 of 528 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 7908
  1. #6691
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is House of X, not House of Grey.
    ........................God.

    So basically characters having good characterization is not required unless they're the main title characters. Yeah, makes sense. Such a logical, reasonable, good argument against any criticism. This might have made sense if the main complaint was about Jean's role not being bigger, but it's not. It's about how she was portrayed in the panel time she got.

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    A lot of other XMen died who should have survived, but they was so Hickman could show his resurrections work.
    All the X-Men died. But most of them, like for example Monet, still had a good showing and gave their enemies a fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It's like everyone around her was dead or dying and Jean is extremely empathetic.
    And instead of trying to, I don't know, use her telekinesis to help them or sumn, she focused on acting as narrator to Xavier and doing nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Like all the other X-men in a book not exactly about the X-men. It's House of X, not House of X-men.
    The comment has nothing to do with whether the book it's about her or not. It was in response to you saying "I've been loving Jean in HOX". They said that because there's not much to love as she hasn't done much. Seriously, do you people who come on this thread just to disagree with others even think before posting, or do you just like to play devil's advocate for the sake of it? Rhetoric question.

  2. #6692
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    I get wanting to see her flex, but Jean's role on that mission wasn't to fight. It was the interstellar Cerebro uplink. This issue makes that uplink all the more important.

  3. #6693
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It's like everyone around her was dead or dying and Jean is extremely empathetic.
    The most criticized page in the issue, her begging Monet to come with her and being told "try harder Marvel Girl," read to me as clearly her being primarily concerned with Monet's life and coming up with a lame excuse for her to come with. To avoid sacrificing herself, because Jean is empathetic and loving and doesn't want anyone to die. After she left, she had no trouble maintaining the contact on her own despite being injured and having felt her friends die in her head. Monet may have even seen right through it.

    I'm not blown away by Jean's portrayal, but I don't think the sky is falling yet either. During the info dump in the latest issue,
    spoilers:
    the bit which said Xavier wasn't capable of downloading 6000 mutant minds in a day seemed to telegraph Jean-as-Phoenix doing just that later on, but we'll see
    end of spoilers

  4. #6694
    Spectacular Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Cassandra easily owned Jean in their first fight. Jean did not start her Phoenix transformation until she had to defend the children from the U Men. Before she decided to fight them she even tried calling the police on the UMen.
    Xavier got owned, they all got owned, that's the point of introducing a new "big bad".

    Nothing wrong with calling the cops, and after they were no help, she tells the U-Men "Define defenseless", protects the students(even including some of them), and deals with them quite well before the last moment when she "flame on"s

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Like all the other X-men in a book not exactly about the X-men. It's House of X, not House of X-men.



    It's like everyone around her was dead or dying and Jean is extremely empathetic.
    Jean is empathetic, but not pathetic...HOX #4 was the latter

  5. #6695
    Incredible Member Strong Girl Daken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Seriously, do you people who come on this thread just to disagree with others even think before posting, or do you just like to play devil's advocate for the sake of it? Rhetoric question.
    Ignoring the rhetorical nature of the question, I come into this thread because I'm a Jean Grey fan. I am APPRECIATING Jean Grey.

    "Try harder, Marvel Girl" is ICONIC. Love the way Larraz draws her. A nice throwback with Storm. WE KNOW HER

  6. #6696
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    True. It’s still possible that even the Jean who died in HoX 4 was another clone too.

    There’s a lot of stuff not yet explained about everything.
    That's what my firm belief is still. They're all creepy sheep acting like weirdos. Can't be the real ones. The real Jean Grey would be kicking ass and taking names.
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  7. #6697
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Should I be reading House of X and Powers of X in some combined order?

  8. #6698
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm not blown away by Jean's portrayal, but I don't think the sky is falling yet either.
    Same.

    I do think we can all agree that Jean was serving this issue at least.


  9. #6699
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Ignoring the rhetorical nature of the question, I come into this thread because I'm a Jean Grey fan. I am APPRECIATING Jean Grey.

    "Try harder, Marvel Girl" is ICONIC. Love the way Larraz draws her. A nice throwback with Storm. WE KNOW HER
    Well, you should have answered that when they asked why did you love Jean in HOX instead of coming with the totally unrelated "It's the same for the others" argument, is what I was saying.

    Try harder Marvel Girl is really a Monet moment...

    Well, I did like her little moment with Storm in this issue too. And Larraz is great as always.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Same.

    I do think we can all agree that Jean was serving this issue at least.

    I say just have Naked Jean as her new main look.

  10. #6700
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,818

    Default

    Glob Herman has canonically seen Jean Grey naked.

  11. #6701
    Incredible Member Strong Girl Daken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The most criticized page in the issue, her begging Monet to come with her and being told "try harder Marvel Girl," read to me as clearly her being primarily concerned with Monet's life and coming up with a lame excuse for her to come with. To avoid sacrificing herself, because Jean is empathetic and loving and doesn't want anyone to die. After she left, she had no trouble maintaining the contact on her own despite being injured and having felt her friends die in her head. Monet may have even seen right through it.

    I'm not blown away by Jean's portrayal, but I don't think the sky is falling yet either. During the info dump in the latest issue,
    spoilers:
    the bit which said Xavier wasn't capable of downloading 6000 mutant minds in a day seemed to telegraph Jean-as-Phoenix doing just that later on, but we'll see
    end of spoilers
    I LOVE this reading of that moment. And, yeah, Jean's role in X-Force makes sense now.

  12. #6702
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    243

    Default

    That was a nice callback in today's issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Wow people here are sour. I've been loving Jean in HoX and we got nice character moments this issue.
    How? She hasn't really been in it and the one bit she was really in, they made a point of downplaying her characterization. I don't get it.

  13. #6703
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Glob Herman has canonically seen Jean Grey naked.
    So has Xavier.

  14. #6704
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Glob Herman has canonically seen Jean Grey naked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So has Xavier.
    Technically everybody saw her naked.
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  15. #6705
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Glob Herman has canonically seen Jean Grey naked.
    Stupid Wolverine stopped my man Glob from making the moves on Teen Jean. She wanted the jiggle.
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •