Page 514 of 626 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    While it could be true that passive Jean is intentional but I don't think it will be some nefarious cover up by Xavier. JDW isn't a fan of Xavier being a villain. Sure he does some questionable things but he does it for what he believes to be the greater good. I just want Jean to get more screen time and have a personality. We were spoiled with X-Men Red, and with Teen Jean and her solo, and because so many of us remember New X-Men Jean. This Jean is a minor background character so far. We are used to Jean having a presence even when she's in the background. This Jean reminds of Jean in Age of X-man. She was just there, and for the most part didn't feel like the same character.
    JDW isn't really that much in control. It is clearly hickman doing his own thing an his Xavier really acts as a villain.
    Go out of x-men red to the x-men with hickman was really a whiplash for Jean fans. I barely recognize her.

My fear is that Jean's mind had been backed up to an earlier version and it was by her choice because of some lame reason. That would be tough. Or Jean died again before House of X 1 and when Xavier put her mind back in the file was corrupted and they had to go with an earlier one lol That would be dumb but you never know what they will do.
    I can't write out anything yet.

My fear with Scott being brought back is that Jean would go into a supporting "wife" role and just become an accessory to Cyclops. I love both characters but this is a prime example of why I want them separate. Scott gets to be the "man" and the character most of us are assumed to identify with. I mean Scott is popular and if you look on twitter a lot of progressive X- fans love and identify with him but the comicsgate people also love and identify with him also. Sometimes it surprises me how popular a character he is because I recall 20 years ago and almost everyone hated Scott on the message boards (he was the boyscout and most guys loved Wolverine - my times have certainly changed).
    Scott completely changed on the last 20 years, he is more like Logan than he is like the boy Scout. X-men story also centered basically on him and his supporting GF.
    and it doesn't look like changed at all, as X-men book is cyclops saga and he is clearly the protagonist

but all of this are writers fault. It could be avoided by not having Jean and Scott together. I already found Jean living on the Summer house a erasure of Jean herself.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How many times has Jean died?
    -Suicide on the Dark Phoenix Saga (though that was the phoenix but still teachnically Jean's most famous death)
    -By Xorneto on new X-men
    -Consumed by a poison
    -Killed by sentinels on space
    -She died on endsong a few times too (don't remember how many at the moment)

Anything I'm missing?
    Phoenix killed her in her solo series.

She died in the original space shuttle when she became/replaced by Phoenix

She died in New X-men, when Wolverine stabbed her to spare her suffering

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    but all of this are writers fault. It could be avoided by not having Jean and Scott together. I already found Jean living on the Summer house a erasure of Jean herself.
    It is not like they have shared much (let alone anything romantic for years) to say anybody is being erased.
    I think you're exaggerating with the Jean living on the summers house. How was she erased? Marvel just said she was living there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Phoenix killed her in her solo series.

She died in the original space shuttle when she became/replaced by Phoenix

She died in New X-men, when Wolverine stabbed her to spare her suffering
    Oh right, thanks.

I'm guessing Hickman will add a few deaths to the list. He didn't give the mutants the ability to resurrect for nothing.
    I sense a massacre is coming

I just want Jean to get more screen time and have a personality. We were spoiled with X-Men Red, and with Teen Jean and her solo, and because so many of us remember New X-Men Jean. This Jean is a minor background character so far. We are used to Jean having a presence even when she's in the background. This Jean reminds of Jean in Age of X-man. She was just there, and for the most part didn't feel like the same character.
    Agreed. I hope they have more plans for her and she becomes a focus character at some point but right now she’s not.
    First X-Lady

It is not like they have shared much (let alone anything romantic for years) to say anybody is being erased.
    I think you're exaggerating with the Jean living on the summers house. How was she erased? Marvel just said she was living there
    they could have named Grey-Summers. I just think it wasn't a good choice of name, it's not like Jean is anyone else. She has her own legacy.
    Too bad her own family was all killed

https://twitter.com/El_Vic_Ibanez/st...86755091161089
    Ibanez really likes Jean, I enjoyed his work on her teen solo.
    I hope he can draw adult Jean at some point
    70599524_2420196454934807_2308800733629204598_n.jpg
    71297286_453533988612909_6065074251286343280_n.jpg

He’s one of the few that could draw young Jean’s hairdo well.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

While it could be true that passive Jean is intentional but I don't think it will be some nefarious cover up by Xavier. JDW isn't a fan of Xavier being a villain. Sure he does some questionable things but he does it for what he believes to be the greater good. I just want Jean to get more screen time and have a personality. We were spoiled with X-Men Red, and with Teen Jean and her solo, and because so many of us remember New X-Men Jean. This Jean is a minor background character so far. We are used to Jean having a presence even when she's in the background. This Jean reminds of Jean in Age of X-man. She was just there, and for the most part didn't feel like the same character.

My fear is that Jean's mind had been backed up to an earlier version and it was by her choice because of some lame reason. That would be tough. Or Jean died again before House of X 1 and when Xavier put her mind back in the file was corrupted and they had to go with an earlier one lol That would be dumb but you never know what they will do.

My fear with Scott being brought back is that Jean would go into a supporting "wife" role and just become an accessory to Cyclops. I love both characters but this is a prime example of why I want them separate. Scott gets to be the "man" and the character most of us are assumed to identify with. I mean Scott is popular and if you look on twitter a lot of progressive X- fans love and identify with him but the comicsgate people also love and identify with him also. Sometimes it surprises me how popular a character he is because I recall 20 years ago and almost everyone hated Scott on the message boards (he was the boyscout and most guys loved Wolverine - my times have certainly changed).

I'm going to continue to look on the bright side though I have not reserved any of the Dawn of X books at my local comic store. I may or may not be able to pick up X-Men 1. I do plan on adding X-force to my pull list (should have already done that I guess). I loved HOX/POX (mostly) but I'm hesitant about the Dawn of X titles.
    JDW is not the owner of Marcel so statements made to fans mean little. The XMen leaders are blatantly lying to them. Things are portrayed as an Utopian cult.

This is deliberate.

Keep in mind this is not the Jean Grey book, it’s about the entire XMen. Many XMen are behaving out of character and text has explicitly stated that old copies of minds can be put in new clone bodies. Xavier has the power to exit memories and he clearly done so with other characters.

We see Sabretooth is entombed in Krakoa abd this could be true of other mutants, that is if they were not killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yes, she is shady. I think she is more anti-hero
    I mean if Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister all actively participates in your plans you are shady. Though Destiny could be of use she doesn’t want her resurrected or other pre cogs because she wants to keep the lie up and doesn’t want anyone else around to shake things.

I think Magneto and Xavier will go against her wishes and bring Destiny back. She cannot rely on Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    He’s one of the few that could draw young Jean’s hairdo well.
    Yes, she was cute under him
    8yt.jpg

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Can we stop pretending it's just because she doesn't have "feats" or the star of the series thus far?

Either this is a backup earlier Jean, or she's written blatantly passive let's hope for the former. Even characters written a bit different they still have a presence in their dialogue. Outside of the counsel meeting Jean thus far is written incredibly meek.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Can we stop pretending it's just because she doesn't have "feats" or the star of the series thus far?

Either this is a backup earlier Jean, or she's written blatantly passive let's hope for the former. Even characters written a bit different they still have a presence in their dialogue. Outside of the counsel meeting Jean thus far is written incredibly meek.
    Characterization is really off, everyone know and it should enough for fans be allowed to complain. for now seems like Jean is just there

It is weird because teen Jean was constanly good even when she was just a team member on Extraordinary X-men.

It is weird because teen Jean was constanly good even when she was just a team member on Extraordinary X-men.
    I think writers were trying to compesate the crappy treatment Jean received since Morrison run.

For some reason it doesn't apply for adult Jean herself