Page 182 of 626 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Noto jean is looking like zoe deschanel
    Noto Jean IS pretty clearly Zooey Deschanel with a red wig. Kind lazy, actually.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Bishop is a boring dead weight
    Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Yeah, killing innocent people and hurting people Jean cares about is sooooo badass. so organic and logical
    Sexy is relative, i don't find characters that haven't been relevant for decades and can't stand on their own sexy.
    if he is going to be a leech and a panel time parasite, it will only be a liability.

Hm, so no one's going to point out the irony of these statements and why there so applicable to Jean and her past relationship....NO? Okay then!

That aside has anyone been keeping up with the DC side of things, specifically the Source? Here's the gist basically the trinity destroyed/damaged the Source Wall and all sorts of baddies are escaping, fun huh? Well here's the interesting part not sure if anyone remembers the Amalgam Comics from DC/Marvel, but anyways during that series characters and concepts between universes (Marvel/DC) were combined but beforehand IIRC, they were compared or equaled well the PF was compared the Source. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and the Source manifests an avatar to deal with a threat that created the first ever crisis in DC, anyone wanna know what this avatar manifested as:

Anyone else getting PF vibes?

I don't know just thought it is cool how DC is taking many of their properties and revamping them or outright mimicking Marvel properties we've seen it with the Terrifics, Damage, and a few others that escape me.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't want to be that person but both guys have commited terrible mistakes. if you judge one you have to judge the other or don't judge any. Characters do stupid things for the sake of drama and conflict and no character is really guilty of this stuff

I'm hyped for Jean and Scott's reunion, finally talking after more than a decade will be healthy. specially after JDW confirmed that Cyclops loves Jean.

Also that cover
    ________Dz3iOlqV4AAE5y7.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-06-2019 at 05:04 PM.

I just deleted a bunch of posts that were sending this thread considerably off-topic.

Please don't let it happen again.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Incredible Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ey-emma-frost/

Oh, please! Can we get away from this cliché? Do we still have to deal with the same old soap drama?
    Funny for a comics about genetic evolution, they will never let the characters grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ey-emma-frost/

Oh, please! Can we get away from this cliché? Do we still have to deal with the same old soap drama?
    Funny for a comics about genetic evolution, they will never let the characters grow up!
    Meh. This is clickbaity nonsense. Read the actual X-Men Monday article. He's obviously not serious about this part, and said Jean's the love of Scott's life and he would choose her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Meh. This is clickbaity nonsense. Read the actual X-Men Monday article. He's obviously not serious about this part, and said Jean's the love of Scott's life and he would choose her.
    I wouldn't be that sure, the X-Office seems right now in the mood of recycling old storylines. The problem is I don't see them moving forward. It's always this gloomy place with no hope, so telling the same story with these characters (and not with the talent of a Grant Morrison) seems pretty likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't want to be that person but both guys have commited terrible mistakes. if you judge one you have to judge the other or don't judge any. Characters do stupid things for the sake of drama and conflict and no character is really guilty of this stuff

I'm hyped for Jean and Scott's reunion, finally talking after more than a decade will be healthy. specially after JDW confirmed that Cyclops loves Jean.

Also that cover
    ________Dz3iOlqV4AAE5y7.jpg
    Me too. I really hope Jean and Scott's reunion is something special. They've been apart for so long. They had a brief moment together in Phoenix Resurrection where they got to affirm how much they loved each other. Then, they were torn apart again by forces beyond their control. It's one of the greatest strengths of their love. Even when powerful forces try to tear them apart, they find a way to come together again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I wouldn't be that sure, the X-Office seems right now in the mood of recycling old storylines. The problem is I don't see them moving forward. It's always this gloomy place with no hope, so telling the same story with these characters (and not with the talent of a Grant Morrison) seems pretty likely to me.
    Morrison wrote these characters like crappy. Anyone could be a improvement.

I don't believe on a new love triangle, there is little justification for it. Jean could with anyone else on marvel universe

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrison wrote these characters like crappy. Anyone could be a improvement.

I don't believe on a new love triangle, there is little justification for it. Jean could with anyone else on marvel universe
    I totally disagree with you about Morrison writing these characters “like crappy” though i can see why people think that, it us about interpretation, but id not use such dramatic wide statements, can you give some reasonings for your thoughts rather than just emotive resoonses? Lets be clear, you arent gonna change my mind, but i am interested in how you think and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I totally disagree with you about Morrison writing these characters “like crappy” though i can see why people think that, it us about interpretation, but id not use such dramatic wide statements, can you give some reasonings for your thoughts rather than just emotive resoonses? Lets be clear, you arent gonna change my mind, but i am interested in how you think and why.
    I think Morrison characters were cold. Like Beast holding a skull and being poetic with it, people died Hank!
    He seemed more interested on the plots than the characters.

but my answer had more to do with the love triangle angle, that was really childish writing. His romance are badly written
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-07-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I disagree on that: if anything, Scott particularly is with a massive case of PTSD, so he's more emotional than normal; Emma too seems cold but reveals herself to be very emotional on the inside, falling in love even. Jean is colder than usual at times, but that's an effect of the Phoenix making her less human. I suppose Xavier is cold, but he was never the most warm and fuzzy character.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I disagree on that: if anything, Scott particularly is with a massive case of PTSD, so he's more emotional than normal; Emma too seems cold but reveals herself to be very emotional on the inside, falling in love even. Jean is colder than usual at times, but that's an effect of the Phoenix making her less human. I suppose Xavier is cold, but he was never the most warm and fuzzy character.
    I still think he wrote the character like plot devices andeven regressed some

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Honestly my favorite Jean was X-men Red's Jean, they are very similar though.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Honestly my favorite Jean was X-men Red's Jean, they are very similar though.
    Red's jean is a lot more warmer and 3 dimensional than Morrison