Page 501 of 626 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman recycled his script for Teen Jean (as Phoenix?) for Cyclops in Secret Wars. There has to be a reason that she was on the covers but never showed up.
    The reason was, as stated by Brevoort, that "as we got deeper into the story and particularly as Jonathan had to gauge how many characters he was going to be able to service given the space he had, that list of survivors was paired back."

It's all here https://brevoortformspring.tumblr.co...nswered-on-the

Tried a quick edit of X-Men Red in gold/green.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    we feastin'

bruh.

"Cable was right!"

I just did these variants of Jean's ANX costume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Both look good for me

all new x-men is easily one of the Jean costumes

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Both look good for me

all new x-men is easily one of the Jean costumes
    Colored green, it really resembles the Phoenix costume, which many would argue is her best look. The black space could easily accomdate a Phoenix symbol were she to get the Force again for a modern interpretation of the costume

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly the primarily green one is something I wouldn't mind the adult Jean wearing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

These are both amazing.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Wasn't sure how this would look with this color scheme, but I like it! Nice work!

Both look great, but the top (green, with yellow accents) wins for me. Though I'd be happy if we got either of these.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    When I first read the X-men Monday I did think he may have been teasing something Phoenix related, but that could be my own bias. He also could be hinting that she has been reset by an older mind back up - maybe she did it because of living so much trauma and he also said someone might do it for a broken heart (gag! I hope Jean would not do it for either of those reasons). Sometimes you have to go backward before you can go forward .. so who knows why Jean is in the Marvel Girl costume. Maybe we will find out soon.

I do like that Jean will remain in the green and gold. I would love to see Jean in the Revolution era costume but in the green one that we never got (besides two preview covers).

I also like the omega mutant explanation. We definitely do not need additional omega mutants. I like that he is bringing the mutants powers to more reasonable levels. I suspect that Jean isn't an omega tk to keep her from being overpowered (but in that case she probably wouldn't go Phoenix again).

I'd like to see Jean have the phoenix costume and codename but not necessarily have the force, but I do think Hickman could write a really good Phoenix. The voice he gave Phoenix-Cyclops in Secret Wars sounded a lot like Jean (in my opinion). I think he could do some great stuff with Jean like Morrison did.

It is an exciting time to be an X-men fan. As you all know I was highly critical of Hickman's Jean in the space mission issue, but I am willing to give him a shot. I love everything else and Jean has been written well in the last House of X issue.
    there was a hint of phoenix, but I don't think it is for now, maybe future in the stories. I think it is for meaning that they are on a peaceful time and Jean was reset/mind tampering;

I don't agree with going backward to go forwards, Jean would never erase her mind so she could get free of suffering. She is not afraid of suffering or even hiding it

Colored green, it really resembles the Phoenix costume, which many would argue is her best look. The black space could easily accomdate a Phoenix symbol were she to get the Force again for a modern interpretation of the costume
    That is what I thought on the black part, it can fit the phoenix logo
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-14-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

You coloring efforts are great, but the design and color break up of this costume is so ugly, I dont think any combination of colors can save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You coloring efforts are great, but the design and color break up of this costume is so ugly, I dont think any combination of colors can save it.
    I want to suggest flipping the green and gold, but that would be too much gold.

I'm definitely intrigued by Hickman's teases, but I hope the change is not Phoenix-related.
    I love the green version Immonem's ANXM look, can't wait to see what Dauterman is working on.
    I recently came across a mutant X cover with a pretty decent Jean costume, which sadly never made it to interiors:

I could see it working pretty well in her classic colors.
    Last edited by Factor; 10-14-2019 at 07:27 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think the red design really works for the green/yellow color scheme. I think the color blocking worked for the blue and red, but not green and gold.

Still think it'll be the Revolution look. Can't wait to find out for sure!

Shifting gears a little, what book do we think this is? Rotating on X-Force? X-Men? A new book in wave 2/3 entirely?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This one looks good. Hopeful she gets something similar