Page 358 of 626 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that you're trying to say Jean would be the lead, not the leader.
    Exactly. From what we know, Beast will be the one calling the shots, not Jean. Beast will decide the direction of the team. Jean may influence him and offer advice but ultimately he is the one set up to have final say

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly. From what we know, Beast will be the one calling the shots, not Jean. Beast will decide the direction of the team. Jean may influence him and offer advice but ultimately he is the one set up to have final say
    What in the world makes you think that? Jean was leading in Age of X-Man and Red and has been the undisputed leader of mutantkind for almost two full years. McCoy was last seen as a disgraced exile with Havok's team.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    What in the world makes you think that? Jean was leading in Age of X-Man and Red and has been the undisputed leader of mutantkind for almost two full years. McCoy was last seen as a disgraced exile with Havok's team.
    I believe it was stated by either Hickman or Percy that Beast and Logan were the official leaders of the two separate sides of X-Force. I'd prefer Jean be the leader, but I think it's fine if she isn't. She'll lead a team again soon, I'm sure, especially after how well received Red and (some parts of) Disassembled were.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Did you read the solicits? Emma doesn't show up in Marauders outside a cameo until issue three, and won't be in any of the actual action at least through issue five.
    lmao is there an actual source for this or did you just make it up

Okay, so you didn't read the solicits. I didn't expect you would have any interest in Marauders, so that's not a shocker.

Covers lie. The solicits say that she shows up on panel outside a flashback for the first time in issue three, where Emma and the Hellfire Trading Company are apparently backstabbing each other. So unless you have some information that none of the Emma fans have regarding this, that's what I have to go on. Which the cover for three is also Emma and Shaw sharing a drink.

Like I said before, if anyone actually thinks McCoy (or Sage for that matter) are going to show up more than Jean, they're kidding themselves. Jean will triple the panel time every other character gets except Wolverine, who I expect will quintuple McCoy.
    Solicits doesn't say everything that gonna happen on the book, the cover with emma is for issue 2. I doubt Emma won't show up on first issue to set up things.
    If you read the solicit it is clear she and shaw aren't friends and are batling against each other
    The Hellfire Trading Company has control of Mutant trade on the seas… but that doesn’t mean its Inner Circle is done stabbing one another in the back. As Captain Pryde and her Marauders sail on, the real cutthroats are back home…
    Let's see how much Jean show up, Marvel has weird ways to surprise people

Um the writer saying that Beast is the leader of the team not Jean. She was said to be the leader of Red, hence why she was the leader of that team

And she didnt lead Age of Xman. She barely had any agency. The Marvelous X-men didnt really do anything. Undisputed leader of mutantkind for 2 years? What? She spent the entirety of Red in hiding until the very last issue where she was free and went public and there was ZERO followup to that. That happened in December. She led in Uncanny but that was bc Kitty was kidnapped and only lasted about 2 and a half months. 2 years? Thats quite an exaggeration. She's never been the undispited leader of mutantkind. Taylor certainly positioned her for that role but Marvel didnt use it
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-17-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Um the writer saying that Beast is the leader of the team not Jean. She was said to be the leader of Red, hence why she was the leader of that team

And she didnt lead Age of Xman. She barely had any agency. The Marvelous X-men didnt really do anything. Undisputed leader of mutantkind for 2 years? What? She spent the entirety of Red in hiding until the very last issue where she was free and went public and there was ZERO followup to that. That happened in December. She led in Uncanny but that was bc Kitty was kidnapped and only lasted about 2 and a half months. 2 years? Thats quite an exaggeration. She's never been the undispited leader of mutantkind. Taylor certainly positioned her for that role but Marvel didnt use it
    X-Men Red 1 was released February of 2018. So she's been the leader of mutantkind for around 18 months. By the time the next books come out, it will be 20 months.

She was the undisputed X-leader from Red 1 (Really the end of PR) through Uncanny 23. Hiding in Namor's crib doesn't negate that fact. Kitty was "leader". Jean was in charge. Everyone followed her orders and her orders alone.

And since there isn't a separate force for mutants other than the X-Men, that makes her the de facto leader of mutantkind. Just like how the president is the leader of the US. Not everyone agrees with them and they don't speak for EVERY American, but they are the leader as far as everything relevant is concerned. Same for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Solicits doesn't say everything that gonna happen on the book, the cover with emma is for issue 2. I doubt Emma won't show up on first issue to set up things.
    If you read the solicit it is clear she and shaw aren't friends and are batling against each other

Let's see how much Jean show up, Marvel has weird ways to surprise people
    That solicit seems extremely clear to me (and everyone in the Emma thread). Remember, Hickman's favorite characters are Magneto and The White Queen. Not Emma. Hence why Shaw and Emma are running the Hellfire Club and backstabbing Storm and Kitty while they cackle and kick puppies. Uncanny set that up, Hickman is keeping it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lmao is there an actual source for this or did you just make it up
    That's what the solicits said. They could be lying to everyone for what I assume would be "shits and giggles" but I doubt it.

X-Men Red 1 was released February of 2018. So she's been the leader of mutantkind for around 18 months. By the time the next books come out, it will be 20 months.

She was the undisputed X-leader from Red 1 (Really the end of PR) through Uncanny 23. Hiding in Namor's crib doesn't negate that fact. Kitty was "leader". Jean was in charge. Everyone followed her orders and her orders alone.

And since there isn't a separate force for mutants other than the X-Men, that makes her the de facto leader of mutantkind. Just like how the president is the leader of the US. Not everyone agrees with them and they don't speak for EVERY American, but they are the leader as far as everything relevant is concerned. Same for Jean.
    X-men Red 1 didnt show her leading mutantkind. It was very vague and she was only collecting a random mutant in Searebro before the flashback which spanned the entire series (1-11) took place. The present day stuff was just a few panels and did nothing to portray what kind of role she had in the greater X-universe. It definitely didnt position her as the undisputed leader of her race. We got more of that in the finale which again had no follow up. Scott in the Utopia era was the leader of his race. Storm arguably was during the IvX era. Jean? Thats not something that really materialized. We got the build up it but it was taken from her before it could be explored.

End of PR? Jean didnt fully come back until the end of PR and it had her over Scott's dead body. She didnt end that mini taking Kitty's place. She wasnt even officially back on the team and wasnt making any moves.

Kitty was leader and the speaker for the mutant race in Uncanny. She was the one that was going to represent them at the press conference but was kidnapped, forcing Jean to step forward. Jean wasnt even around for Uncanny X-men 11-22. She showed at the end of 22, but not as leader. Storm did more leading than her
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

That's what the solicits said. They could be lying to everyone for what I assume would be "shits and giggles" but I doubt it.
    The solicits that go up to issue #2 (and showing Emma prominently on the cover)... yet you have info on issues all the way up to 5.

That solicit seems extremely clear to me (and everyone in the Emma thread). Remember, Hickman's favorite characters are Magneto and The White Queen. Not Emma. Hence why Shaw and Emma are running the Hellfire Club and backstabbing Storm and Kitty while they cackle and kick puppies. Uncanny set that up, Hickman is keeping it going.
    Hickman said on a interview that generation X was his favorite book and he liked heroic Emma, not villain Emma

there is only solicits of issue 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She doesn't, it is just a nice bonus.
    Not so much for people that want Jean to do things on her own

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The solicits that go up to issue #2 (and showing Emma prominently on the cover)... yet you have info on issues all the way up to 5.
    There was a leak on Reddit for the solicit to Marauders 3 (and Fallen Angels 3). That solicit could be wrong (or inaccurate) but it sounded legit to me. It sets up Storm and Kitty to confront Shaw and Emma in 5 or possibly 6.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not so much for people that want Jean to do things on her own
    She is also on X-force (X-men is the bonus, an extra), though the X-men are a team. they kind of never do things alone.

Beast has been reduced a joke these last couple of years, he needs to be rehabbed 1st before he gets put in a leadership position.

BANNED

There was a leak on Reddit for the solicit to Marauders 3 (and Fallen Angels 3). That solicit could be wrong (or inaccurate) but it sounded legit to me. It sets up Storm and Kitty to confront Shaw and Emma in 5 or possibly 6.
    lmao faking solicits is one of the easiest things to do... and yet this Reddit bozo still seems to fail at it considering there has NEVER been a solicit that would tease FUTURE issues.