Page 317 of 626 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, it is easy to forget but Jean came back to a different era and world than the one she left.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    AiPT!: You mentioned X-Men Red–how did you go about redefining Jean Grey for a new generation of readers?

Tom Taylor: I tried to put myself in her shoes for one thing. I get bored by the love triangle thing and I wanted her to not have any of that. People were like, ‘who is she going to hook up with’? I was like, who cares? She’s got a world to save. I’m going to worry about that first. But also, just the idea of coming back to life in this day and age at a time of real anxiety and a time of a very divided world, and for someone who can feel people, who is that empathetic and can feel what’s going on–to come back and feel that and just go I’m not going to be overwhelmed by this, I’m going to change this, I’m going to weaponize truth. Once I got a handle on her, I basically took where she was heading with Grant Morrison and just kept going toward where I thought she should be.
    I think he succeeded in his goals. I didn’t read xmen before bendis so I can’t say whether he succeeded in following up where she was with Morrison but the rest feels like he accomplished what he set out to do.

Xmen red jean had some flaws imo but was great overall. Certainty better than jean in disassembled.

I still prefer teen jean though and am hoping Hickman brings some of that through.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Reshooting is part of a movies and is in the contract. Just like Cavill had to be availiable to resshot JL while doing mission impossible.
    I’m not sure how this fits into things but supposedly dark Phoenix reshoots took so long because she was tied up with game of thrones (aka she wasn’t available). I have no idea how the contracts work.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It wasn't really contractual as much as she was stuck wherever they filmed the Game of Thrones for the entire time.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think he succeeded in his goals. I didn’t read xmen before bendis so I can’t say whether he succeeded in following up where she was with Morrison but the rest feels like he accomplished what he set out to do.

Xmen red jean had some flaws imo but was great overall. Certainty better than jean in disassembled.

I still prefer teen jean though and am hoping Hickman brings some of that through.
    I'd say he nailed it. In Morrison's run Jean was confident, in control, powerful, and being put into more leadership roles all qualities that Taylor brought over.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They really should have planned those reshoots in advanced, otherwise they wouldn’t have to had to delay the movie and eventually lead to it flopping.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They really should have planned those reshoots in advanced, otherwise they wouldn’t have to had to delay the movie and eventually lead to it flopping.
    That movie was doomed from the jump lets be honest maybe it would have scrapped an extra 100 mil worldwide if it hadn't been delayed. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    while the delays were a problem, I don't think they were the reason it flopped.
    There are many reasons many people think the Fox x-men movies had a good closure with "Days of future past" or "Logan"
    or that the phoenix was already done on "the last stand"

I personally didn't like Sophie as Jean

After Avengers End Game I think people were hoping for something close to that to close the x-films. Nothing else was going to do.
    First X-Lady

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That movie was doomed from the jump lets be honest maybe it would have scrapped an extra 100 mil worldwide if it hadn't been delayed. Maybe.
    If it wasn't delayed to June the movie wouldn't have to deal with the merger layoffs hurting the marketing campaign and deal with so much competition. Secret Life of Pets 2 is a sequel to a well-received film that made over 800 million dollars and it is only going to be in the 300 million range.

The move to June was a huge factor to why it flopped as hard as it did. If it kept its original release date I think it would have at least made around as much as Alita: Battle Angel and made a profit with home media sales.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    while the delays were a problem, I don't think they were the reason it flopped.
    There are many reasons many people think the Fox x-men movies had a good closure with "Days of future past" or "Logan"
    or that the phoenix was already done on "the last stand"

I personally didn't like Sophie as Jean
    About that, those reactions could have been avoidable if it wasn't marketed as a Dark Phoenix movie because it really isn't. Dark Phoenix is about Phoenix becoming a villain, hence why it is called Dark Phoenix. I've seen the movie twice and that definitely doesn't happen. Jean tries to fight off her dark impulses throughout the entire movie and becomes a hero in the end. The worse she does is accidentally kills Mystique. That's not due to ineptitude either Simon Kinberg has said that the movie is about empowered women and he wanted Jean to take control of her destiny. That is the complete and total opposite of the premise of Dark Phoenix, which is about a woman who can't handle power.

I'm not against the idea. I even like it, but market your movie appropriately. Call it X-Men: Phoenix instead and advertise it as a female empowerment movie, which did wonders for Captain Marvel. Speaking of Captain Marvel there are A LOT of parallels between those two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    After Avengers End Game I think people were hoping for something close to that to close the x-films. Nothing else was going to do.
    I've read tons of reviews and there were comparisons being made due it being marketed as a grand finale to the X-films. Which was another huge marketing mistake since it was never made to be one.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-23-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Just realized that Jean is wearing the pants of her 90s costume

That's why she has that weird pouch

Lol and smh

I love that Jean is a series regular, I will even disregard the outfit, but holy I hope they give her a different costume after a few issues.

I fear she isn't going to get another costume until the current books end.
    I'm happy that she has pants, I didn't notice that before.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Tbh she should be wearing the leather pants from Morrison's run underneath the dress. It'd look way better. Or even the pants of the X-Men Blue costume.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I fear she isn't going to get another costume until the current books end.
    I'm happy that she has pants, I didn't notice that before.
    Didn’t Hickman say he’s not focused on costumes, and they’ll rotate them to whatever the artists wants or something like that?