Page 490 of 626 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    I completely agree with this. Sadly many fans care more about visuals and power levels instead of characterization and good writing.
    Are you implying that we have been getting good characterization for this character?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Are you implying that we have been getting good characterization for this character?
    I think once X-Force comes out we'll see active and strong Jean again. We might get a glimpse of that in X-Men #1, but I suspect that books is more about the first mission to take out that Orchis base so we will probably just see everyone in action in that issue. Since Logan and Jean are both on X-Force and in the first issue of X-Men, it's possible that the first investigation they do in X-Force is based off something they find at the Orchis base in X-Men #1.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where is this from?
    History of the Marvel Universe #4 PREVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think once X-Force comes out we'll see active and strong Jean again. We might get a glimpse of that in X-Men #1, but I suspect that books is more about the first mission to take out that Orchis base so we will probably just see everyone in action in that issue. Since Logan and Jean are both on X-Force and in the first issue of X-Men, it's possible that the first investigation they do in X-Force is based off something they find at the Orchis base in X-Men #1.
    You seem to have a lot hope that Jean will be active and strong again huh? Bless you But I've given up already sadly at least they won't come up with some excuse to kill her again

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    You seem to have a lot hope that Jean will be active and strong again huh? Bless you But I've given up already sadly at least they won't come up with some excuse to kill her again
    I think Percy will be better.

But the days that Jean was a public face for x-men, was proactive and a leader are dead

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

But the days that Jean was a public face for x-men, was proactive and a leader are dead
    I disagree, I think she is going to be a big part of things. We already know she is the secondary person who can use the Cerebro helmet which means she is critical to the survival of Krakoa.

I think Jean is going to get lots of opportunities to shine in X-Force and I can't wait to see her and the rest of the team working clandestine cases together.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I am hopeful of Jean's role in X-force and I am hopeful she makes many appearances in the main X-men book. She may even appear in other books (who knows). In the preview pages for X-men 1 you see Jean in the first page (the intro page and she appears without the mask).

I am very excited for the X-men these days. I feel the excitement level similar to when Grant Morrison's New X-men was coming out. I get excited for and anticipate new comic book days. It feels good to be excited about the X-men again. As most of you know I was not a big fan of Hickman's portrayal of Jean (thus far) and I do think we have right to be cautious. But I have to say overall I loved HOX/POX and I think good things are coming our way.

I wonder why she's not listed as "Marvel Girl" on X-Men #1.

Well things have changed that is very true. But it doesn't mean things are all bad. At least Jean is still a leader since she is on the ruling council of Krakoa. We suspect she will play an important role in X-force, being a member of the mutant version of the CIA. Jean may not be the leader of the group but being on the council makes her important. Jean has important connections to Xavier, Scott and Wolverine so she will likely always have a role to play.

I just want Jean to be portrayed as a strong and confident character (meaning strong resolve as well as being a powerhouse).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    hopefully its bc she's not wearing that ugly MG costume

I bet she's mainly called Jean Grey but occasionally will use the Marvel Girl codename (kind of like in X-factor and early 90's X-men years or when her codename was Phoenix during Morrison's run but again she mainly just went to Jean Grey).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I bet she's mainly called Jean Grey but occasionally will use the Marvel Girl codename (kind of like in X-factor and early 90's X-men years or when her codename was Phoenix during Morrison's run but again she mainly just went to Jean Grey).
    Well, on other Hickman list stuff from HOX/POX she was referred to as Marvel Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    hopefully its bc she's not wearing that ugly MG costume
    She doesn't seem to be on the little pic they used. Maybe she's just gonna be as a civillian on this issue and that's why they didn't list her with the codename.

I think that someone overlooked that

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well things have changed that is very true. But it doesn't mean things are all bad. At least Jean is still a leader since she is on the ruling council of Krakoa. We suspect she will play an important role in X-force, being a member of the mutant version of the CIA. Jean may not be the leader of the group but being on the council makes her important. Jean has important connections to Xavier, Scott and Wolverine so she will likely always have a role to play.

I just want Jean to be portrayed as a strong and confident character (meaning strong resolve as well as being a powerhouse).
    I prefer to be a pessimist, I thought Jean would go well for HOX 3 and that was easily the worse portrayal in years.
    It al depends on writers, IDK Percy and Hickman doesn't look excited for Jean. So it is a wait and see
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-10-2019 at 08:01 PM.

So, I asked about the costume on the questions for Hickman thing. Others did too but I think I put it more eloquently and also included on the tweet if there's any chances of it changing, so, for those who care, if you could leave a like(even though this will probably not have to do with it I still kinda feel like it gives more chances for it to be picked if it's like above in the thread):

https://twitter.com/williamaximoff/s...95895855812610

IDK Percy and Hickman doesn't look excited for Jean. So it is a wait and see
    Right now I’m leaning towards your point of view as well. Since Hickman started no writer/editor has really brought Jean up unless asked. Only they said was Jean would wear the helmet.
    First X-Lady