Page 308 of 626 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I for one, do not care what Jean Grey wears, all i am looking forward to is how she will be written. If she's written really well (i do not like the 90s - 'Scooootttt'....or 'Jeaaannnn', gag) as a strong independent woman and a true powerhouse, then it does not matter to me if she wears an apron and gloves, i am happy...
    I wish she still had her own team and philosophy. But here we are

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wish she still had her own team and philosophy. But here we are
    she is on two teams
    We don't know who is leading X-force though. It could be her, It could be other but she is puling double duty.
    She still has her own philosophy

Beast is head of the Intelligence team and Logan the strike team.

This wasn't what I expected but I am still hopeful it will be good. Jean being on X-force is a huge surprise. I did not see that coming, but it sounds really cool. I wish she was on the field team but since she's on the intelligence side she will probably mostly use her tp. I expect Jean will also be prominent on Hickman's book.

I do wish Jean had a new costume. It looks like she has her 90's costume pants under her skirt. I also wish she had the Phoenix codename rather than Marvel Girl but we can't have everything. I do not mind that she's not the leader. Many of the X-men have been leaders at various points, but mostly Cyke remains as one (and Storm to a degree).

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    she is on two teams
    We don't know who is leading X-force though. It could be her, It could be other but she is puling double duty.
    She still has her own philosophy
    Beign on two teams is good, but I'm more interested on quality

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's disappointing. Has it been confirmed?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm still waiting to see what they've done with the Marvel Girl costume before I form an opinion on it.

I am happy with these announcements though. Jean gets a book separated from the Summers family for those who want that, and an arc ( at least) featuring Jean and her extended family. I really love the premise behind X-Force, and I'm eager to see Jean's dynamic with Domino and Sage. I also hope we get back to the Jean/Beast friendship that I love.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    That's disappointing. Has it been confirmed?
    Yeah
    https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/s...99664795406344

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm still waiting to see what they've done with the Marvel Girl costume before I form an opinion on it.

I am happy with these announcements though. Jean gets a book separated from the Summers family for those who want that, and an arc ( at least) featuring Jean and her extended family. I really love the premise behind X-Force, and I'm eager to see Jean's dynamic with Domino and Sage. I also hope we get back to the Jean/Beast friendship that I love.
    Yeah. A couple of disappointments aside, the premise and the roster seem pretty cool. Hopefully Percy writes a good Jean.

I should probably also be more hyped for Summers family lol. I guess that because the roster is supposed to be rotational I just didn't get too excited... But hopefully there's some good interactions of Jean with Rachel and Kid Cable.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-20-2019 at 05:42 PM.

I am glad that Jean gets to be more than a supporting character for Scott. I think she will be one of the leaders of X-Force, and if Beast is in charge, I bet Jean is 2nd in command.

The Summers/Grey family get emphasized in the first arc which is great and it will hopefully heal some of the character assassination of Scott, Jean, and Rachel and emphasize that they are family. I guess they are going to explore WiFi being with them as younger, I don't know how that impacts the timeline because his older self didn't actually know who Scott, Jean, and Rachel were until later in Cable's run. Still it's a full reunion of Scott, Jean, Rachel, and Nathan and I am happy for that, I can't wait to see how things go forward from here. This was one of my biggest wishes to see the family emphasized, and wow I couldn't have been happier to see all four of them featured together on the first X-Men cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm going to assume that Jean would play as the balanced one that would keep both Hank and Logan on check.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The Summers/Grey family get emphasized in the first arc which is great and it will hopefully heal some of the character assassination of Scott, Jean, and Rachel and emphasize that they are family. I guess they are going to explore WiFi being with them as younger, I don't know how that impacts the timeline because his older self didn't actually know who Scott, Jean, and Rachel were until later in Cable's run. Still it's a full reunion of Scott, Jean, Rachel, and Nathan and I am happy for that, I can't wait to see how things go forward from here. This was one of my biggest wishes to see the family emphasized, and wow I couldn't have been happier to see all four of them featured together on the first X-Men cover.
    Yeah, I loved that. I always wanted them on the same book but it was extremely hard to get even two of themon the same place for more than a decade.
    Hopeful we will get some cool interactions.
    I like that Cable who is usually the older is a kid again. He probably would be a toddler without the time-displacement

Beast is the last person that should be leading a team. My hype just died a little.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, I loved that. I always wanted them on the same book but it was extremely hard to get even two of themon the same place for more than a decade.
    Hopeful we will get some cool interactions.
    I like that Cable who is usually the older is a kid again. He probably would be a toddler without the time-displacement
    I honestly never expected to see the entire family united in one story more than a short arc anyway, I love that they get the first arc in X-Men, that makes me so happy. I just want Rachel to constant call Jean and Scott, Mom and Dad whenever she is in the field and they have to keep asking her to remember to use codenames.

Beast is the last person that should be leading a team. My hype just died a little.
    Much less a x-force LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Much less a x-force LOL

I think this X-force is so crazy and unexpected that it may end up being actually good.