Page 375 of 626 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I suppose but she was wasted there and was the defnition of supporting character with no development or arc of her own. At least the four O5 guys got that in AnX V2

DeciMation era. She was regularly in Astonishing X-men, X-men and New X-men
    Really? Huh. Didn't know that. From what I had heard, she only existed in the same general vicinity of Scott's crotch from Morrison to AvX (I didn't read most of that era, couldn't afford comics cause I was a poor college student).

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except that is incorrect.

Over the last three years, Jean has gotten more exposure than any other character besides Wolverine. Scott got Uncanny 11-23, and is currently in Hickman's run as a mind control zombie. He also got the Uncanny mini that brought him back. In Blue he was a supporting character.

Jean got Jeen Grey solo, Blue as leader, Reserrection, Red as a solo, leader of Ahab event, Uncanny 1-10 as co-lead, and was the secondary main of the Charles annual.

So I'm not sure how you can claim 12 issues and a mini is equal to 2 solos, 3 full runs, 2 minis, and 10 issues of another run
    >Jean got Jeen Grey solo
    Scott got Tyke solo

>Blue as leader
    Hopeless ANXM as leader

>Red TEAM BOOK WHERE SHE WAS THE PROTAGONIST
    Rosenberg's Uncanny team book where Scott was the protagonist

>leader of Ahab event
    If you're talking about Extermination, Tyke had as much of a role as Jeen on that, and Adult Scott, until the last page reveal, was dead. If you're gonna compare the time they spent dead, you already know who "wins".

>Uncanny 1-10
    Champions 1-18.

>and is currently in Hickman's run as a mind control zombie
    Wtf? Are you saying that because he's following Xavier? If that's the case so it's Jean. And in her case we have actual evidence of Xavier messing with her mind in the Astonishing Annual you're bringing in Jean's favor. Besides I was talking about the yet to be launched X-Men, not HOX/POX. Where again, regardless of whatever nonsense you're trying to claim, he's the only confirmed regular character with the solicit saying "Jonathan Hickman and superstar artist Leinil Yu reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad".

Ugh. Now it really looks like it's a competition and I'm trying to complain about Cyclops. But I swear I'm not. Those appearances I listed don't upset me in any way. Just stop trying to argue Jean has so much better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Well, well, nobody acknowledged Extraordinary until now.

Then if we are counting the minimal details that book should count too.
    Jean wasn't leader or protagonist of EXM, Storm was. If we're not talking about leadership and protagonism, but just being part of the cast, then Blue doesn't count in favor of Jean as Scott was there too.

Appreciation shouldn't mean "Say blatantly false things that make the character look good". If that's what people want, then fine. But the argument started with people saying Jean basically hasn't existed since coming back, and somehow trying to claim that Scott and Charles have been pushed more over that time.
    There is pages and pages of your posts mostly complaining that Emma isn't featured enough and that Jean is featured too much. Again, that's not the right thread (and that's starting to be fairly boring). If you have nothing to say, maybe you should avoid saying it.

And by the way, saying that we are missing Jean's in current books is a "blatantly false things that make the character look good"? Seriously? Where are you coming from?!?
    Last edited by Narasinha; 08-23-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Really? Huh. Didn't know that. From what I had heard, she only existed in the same general vicinity of Scott's crotch from Morrison to AvX (I didn't read most of that era, couldn't afford comics cause I was a poor college student).
    Yeah, she was an official member on Whedon's run and an unofficial member of Milligan's X-men. She pretty much usurped leadership from Havok and ran that team. In New X-men, she fired Dani and she and Scott stepped in to be the lead adults in that book mentoring the kids. Those were her 3 regular books and that doesnt count Claremont's Uncanny which she did appear from time to time

Appreciation shouldn't mean "Say blatantly false things that make the character look good". If that's what people want, then fine. But the argument started with people saying Jean basically hasn't existed since coming back, and somehow trying to claim that Scott and Charles have been pushed more over that time.
    No, it started with someone saying we are barely seeing her right now. You interpreted to mean since coming back and ran with it but that was never stated
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    There is pages and pages of your posts mostly complaining that Emma isn't featured enough and that Jean is featured too much. Again, that's not the right thread (and that's starting to be fairly boring). If you have nothing to say, maybe you should avoid saying it.

And by the way, saying that we are missing Jean's in current books is a "blatantly false things that make the character look good"? Seriously? Where are you coming from?!?
    Then you misread my posts. I don't bring Emma up here unless someone directly mentions (read: attacks) her.

What I'm saying is saying "Jean hasn't really existed since Phoenix Resurrection" isn't true. Jean being in books less than Scott or Charles isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean wasn't leader or protagonist of EXM, Storm was. If we're not talking about leadership and protagonism, but just being part of the cast, then Blue doesn't count in favor of Jean as Scott was there too.
    Tyke wasn't leading Hopeless All New X-men. Tyke was in Blue but Jeen was the leader from start to finish.

And I love how everybody is ignoring X-force. It really sucks to play victim.

But hey let's also ignore Old Man Logan, his minis and crossovers and the multiples minis dedicated to the return of wolverine. Lets be fair.
    If we are complaining about people who get more attention, at least do it with the biggest one
    No?
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Tyke wasn't leading Hopeless All New X-men. Tyke was in Blue but Jeen was the leader from start to finish.

And I love how everybody is ignoring X-force. It really sucks to play victim.
    My point is that by the logic that being leader or a protagonist it's what counts even when they're both in it, than Extraordinary X-Men where Storm was leader and protagonist shouldn't affect Jeen's "score".

Ok, I guess he wasn't the leader in Hopeless ANXM? I'm not really sure. But he was definetely the character with the most focus, as it had a lot to do with what happened in Death of X with his future self. PsychoFrost is counting stuff like "Jean was the second protagonist on the Astonishing Annual and had more focus on Bendis' ANXM(where she was NOT officially leader or anything)", so I say it's fair game lol.

My point is that by the logic that being leader or a protagonist it's what counts even when they're both in it, than Extraordinary X-Men where Storm was leader and protagonist shouldn't affect Jeen's "score".

Ok, I guess he wasn't the leader in Hopeless ANXM? I'm not really sure. But he was definetely the character with the most focus, as it had a lot to do with what happened in Death of X with his future self. PsychoFrost is counting stuff like "Jean was the second protagonist on the Astonishing Annual and had more focus on Bendis' ANXM(where she was NOT officially leader or anything)", so I say it's fair game lol.
    You are right. He wasnt the leader bu definitely the lead character and drove that narrative from beginning to end. The legacy of what Adult Scott did was an ever present theme and how it affected Young Scott was a major focus.

My point is that people are acting like Jean hasn't appeared at all, and that every X-book has just been Wolverine, Cyclops, and Charles non-stop for the last two to three years. I have no clue how people are coming to that conclusion.

Then you misread my posts. I don't bring Emma up here unless someone directly mentions (read: attacks) her.
    Yeah, right. Go check your posts, 20 pages or so back, when you started: you were claiming that Emma won't be in any books, not even her own (whatever that mean). That she is only on the cover of the solicits but won't be in the book. And at the same time, you were claiming that Jean will be the main character of 2 books because of the same solicit.

Since then you filled pages and pages of posts to basically complain that Jean is too much featured.

Is Jean more featured than what some people feel? Maybe. Is she more featured than this or that character? Perhaps. But we are in her appreciation thread and if her fans want to see Jean more featured in books, that's their right. It's certainly not the place to start bitching about it.

My point is that people are acting like Jean hasn't appeared at all, and that every X-book has just been Wolverine, Cyclops, and Charles non-stop for the last two to three years. I have no clue how people are coming to that conclusion.
    I think people were just talking about the current era. AFAIK you're the one who started bringing up stuff from years ago like the Bendis or Ressurxion era.

Anyway I'm not too worried about Jean's present/future. So far only Charles/Moira/Magneto/Chimeras have been in the spotlight in HOX/POX(though that seems like it's gonna change). And she's both in X-Force and on the first X-Men arc. I just find it annoying and a bit petty that when someone else didn't feel the same you decided to start this whole "No, Jean has been getting sooo much, look at all those receipts, how dare you complain!!!" argument...

But we are in her appreciation thread and if her fans want to see Jean more featured in books, that's their right. It's certainly not the place to start bitching about it.
    Except that nobody is doing that, just blaming other characters (aka Cyclops for some reason) for the smallest details.
    I want to see more Jean but I'm not going to blame other characters for everything.

That isn't logical or mature at all.

Yeah, right. Go check your posts, 20 pages or so back, when you started: you were claiming that Emma won't be in any books, not even her own (whatever that mean). That she is only on the cover of the solicits but won't be in the book. And at the same time, you were claiming that Jean will be the main character of 2 books because of the same solicit.

Since then you filled pages and pages of posts to basically complain that Jean is too much featured.

Is Jean more featured than what some people feel? Maybe. Is she more featured than this or that character? Perhaps. But we are in her appreciation thread and if her fans want to see Jean more featured in books, that's their right. It's certainly not the place to start bitching about it.
    You're taking two entirely different sections of posts and conflating the two.

I'm not saying Jean is too featured at all. I'm saying that people claiming Jean hasn't been featured at all over the last two years clearly haven't read anything over that period.

And yes, the current solicits indicate that Emma is not in Marauders in any meaningful capacity, while Jean is either the main character or supporting lead of two different books. But that has nothing to do with the current crop of posts.

So you're seeing what you want to see. I'm not complaining about Jean at all, and only bringing up Emma when others do.

Except that nobody is doing that, just blaming other characters (aka Cyclops for some reason) for the smallest details.
    I want to see more Jean but I'm not going to blame other characters for everything.

That isn't logical or mature at all.
    The topic started with darewithpeace saying Jean hasn't appeared as much this year.
    Then some people disagreed and said Jean had the most exposure recently.
    Then Celestialbodies said that Scott, Logan and Xavier were also promoted in their returns from the dead.
    Then PsychoEFrost said that Scott and Xavier didn't get even close to what Jean got.
    Then that's how this became a Jean vs Scott down to the smallest details argument lol.

NEXT!

Theres a trio of pics Ive never seen