Page 576 of 626 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I cannot wait for the next few issues of X-force. We have waited a long time to see Jean's fiery side. I hope she gets a lot of badass moments in this book though she is on the intelligence side. I also cannot wait to see her put on the cerebro helmet.

Astonishing Member

Heck can't wait to see Jean flex that brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yes! a Storm fan is getting on my nerves about Jean's reaction speed in a battle thread, but I did my research and Jean doesn't have any good reaction/speed feat
    we all know how the speed of a thought works in Marvel but still.

Jean can't react to lightning...
    A few pages ago someone posted a scan where Jean stop a bullet aimed at Xavier. She didn't put up a shield but grabed the bullet on the fly and there is no indication that she knew someone would fire at them (actually the gun shot seems to come from behind Jean and Xavier and she grabed the bullet has it passed her)

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    To be accurate, Morrison said " I'm most worried about Scott and I hope whoever comes after me looks after him"
    He didn't say he did everything he wanted to do on X-men. He said :"I'd reached the end of what I had to say on New X-Men". It's not the same. It means he didn't have anymore to add (which was logical as he was leaving after strong disagreements with editorial). It doesn't mean he had total freedom on what he wanted to write. If it was the case, he would have been allowed to write flashbacks. And he wasn't allowed. So no, he couldn't do what al he wanted. I'm quite sure he wasn't allowed to kill Rogue as he wanted (not that it was good idea firsthand). Not because CC wanted Rogue in X-Treme, but because Editorial didn't want him to kill Rogue. Editorial didn't care about CC wanted. When Morrison wanted Beast in his line up, CC was obligated to give up the character in favor of Morrison. Yes, it's unfair but that's the story of it. Editorial approved Morrison's idea or did not (like killing Rogue). And it had nothing to do with CC. In conclusion, whatever you say, Morrison wasn't free to do everything he wanted.
    It wasn't the same wizard magazine interview, the interview is in portuguese probably translated from another site.
    First he was suppossed to rotate the cast with Claremont, but he got late, really too late with his scripts, Jimenez said that he had like 2 weeks to put full issues out.
    Coorddinate with other writer being that late is impossible, Korday said that he had zero contact with Morrison. and Claremont still had some cred being who he is too.
    The Rogue thing was on his manifesto, but it didn't seemed that important as he said he did everything he wanted.
    I realy doubt editorial would let him get away with Xorn being Magneto if they had any power over it. the retcon was completely dumb.
    His vision for Rogue and all the crap he did for Jean, i she puting women in his own limited vision of womanhood

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    A few pages ago someone posted a scan where Jean stop a bullet aimed at Xavier. She didn't put up a shield but grabed the bullet on the fly and there is no indication that she knew someone would fire at them (actually the gun shot seems to come from behind Jean and Xavier and she grabed the bullet has it passed her)
    I posted it. Jean has the phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I cannot wait for the next few issues of X-force. We have waited a long time to see Jean's fiery side. I hope she gets a lot of badass moments in this book though she is on the intelligence side. I also cannot wait to see her put on the cerebro helmet.
    Since Jean is on the intel side, I want her to do more than just communication. I would love an issue were she infiltrates the guys who took down Domino and shut them down completely. Get to the reason behind their hate/attack. It can be an extension of Red too. This is why it’s odd having Jean wear a skirt in a book like this esp for people who are reading this book for the first time and not familiar with the x-universe.
    First X-Lady

Since Jean is on the intel side, I want her to do more than just communication. I would love an issue were she infiltrates the guys who took down Domino and shut them down completely. Get to the reason behind their hate/attack. It can be an extension of Red too. This is why it’s odd having Jean wear a skirt in a book like this esp for people who are reading this book for the first time and not familiar with the x-universe.
    Well there is a reason for her using the skirt, but we are many issues in the relaunch and we still doesn't know. on X-force she isn't acting like a rookie Marvel Girl so this all feels wrong.

Jean will so ground missions too, her powers are too good for only be intel

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It wasn't the same wizard magazine interview, the interview is in portuguese probably translated from another site.
    First he was suppossed to rotate the cast with Claremont, but he got late, really too late with his scripts, Jimenez said that he had like 2 weeks to put full issues out.
    Coorddinate with other writer being that late is impossible, Korday said that he had zero contact with Morrison. and Claremont still had some cred being who he is too.
    The Rogue thing was on his manifesto, but it didn't seemed that important as he said he did everything he wanted.
    I realy doubt editorial would let him get away with Xorn being Magneto if they had any power over it. the retcon was completely dumb.
    His vision for Rogue and all the crap he did for Jean, i she puting women in his own limited vision of womanhood
    He wanted to kill Rogue. was Morrison allowed or not allowed?

He wanted to kill Rogue. was Morrison allowed or not allowed?
    He wanted to kill and ressurrect Rogue as movie rogue. No, he didn't because of the circunstances I mentioned. Editorial was ok with that, look up the reporting on this

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Ever since, Carey had Xavier singlehandedly infiltrate the Acolytes compound with no gadgets or equipment just a one man wrecking crew, I've hoped Jean would get a similar opportunity of badassery.

He wanted to kill and ressurrect Rogue as movie rogue. No, he didn't because of the circunstances I mentioned. Editorial was ok with that, look up the reporting on this
    To be honest, my question need just a simple yes or no. Not your usual far-fetched justifications.
    So i'm gonna make you happy : Yes Morrison had total freedom, and had editorial control over Marvel for a decade, even after he left for DC. He's that powerful. And yes, Jean Grey panicked when she saw the U-men. And a long lost Morrison interview translated from english to portuguese to english, is obviously accurate, even if you don't exactly quote him. Now, as it seems that being right is more important than being true, I will do something you can't : I'm moving on.

To be honest, my question need just a simple yes or no. Not your usual far-fetched justifications.
    So i'm gonna make you happy : Yes Morrison had total freedom, and had editorial control over Marvel for a decade, even after he left for DC. He's that powerful. And yes, Jean Grey panicked when she saw the U-men. And a long lost Morrison interview translated from english to portuguese to english, is obviously accurate, even if you don't exactly quote him. Now, as it seems that being right is more important than being true, I will do something you can't : I'm moving on.
    This – clearly – never happened. Chris Claremont, still working at Marvel, was writing his own relaunch of X-Men roughly contemporaneously in X-Treme X-Men, and was on, to say the least, rocky ground. Despite holding a senior editorial position, he was consistently rebuked by the powers that be at Marvel for screaming at staff, and fighting with other editors over his pay rates and the advances on his payment, but, being the writer of nearly two decades of X-Men, still had significant clout. Claremont took Rogue for is X-Treme, saving her, for good or ill, from death at Morrison’s hands.

With Rogue out of the picture, Morrison turned towards Gambit, then. He planned to rework their dynamic by flipping it on its head, with Rogue as the desperate lover, and Gambit as the one not able to touch his beloved. It was a, to quote a May 2001 email chain between Morrison, Claremont, and Marvel editors Mark Powers and Matt Hicks, “nice new twist on the doomed, romantic mediaevalism of their love.” Gambit would be caught up in the destruction of Genosha by the wild tri-sentinel, and his powers, flaring wildly, would transform him into a new “electromagnetic phantom form” to survive. Still able to communicate, but unable to actually interact with the physical world, he’d work with Rogue while she tries to find a cure for his condition.

The idea met with positive reception among Marvel staff, and got to such a point that they were asking artist Frank Quitely to add Gambit in. But again, it was Claremont, who had plans for Gambit in X-Treme X-Men, who vetoed it. It’s interesting to speculate on what might have been if the X-Men were to have lost one of their own in the destruction, but instead, it is simply a footnote for the archives.
    https://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/10/...ll-on-genosha/
    ok if you want to move on;

ok if you want to move on;
    Your quotes just proved me right. On so many levels.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Beautiful!

Excited to see X-Force's preview. It looks as if Jean will be stepping up to Xavier's role with him gone (I'm guessing), and I'm looking forward to that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Rogue and Gambit dodged a bullet for an arrow instead. Lawd.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Beautiful!

Excited to see X-Force's preview. It looks as if Jean will be stepping up to Xavier's role with him gone (I'm guessing), and I'm looking forward to that.
    the one thing I hate is her wearing that helmet and covering up her beautiful face