Page 365 of 626 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yes. The only requirement is being an adult, as far as I have seen.
    I thought we all were under 15.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-18-2019 at 06:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is it even possible to like Jean, Emma, Morrison, Claremont, AND Hickman? I can’t tell anymore.
    Very, very easily.

I don't understand people who don't like conflict for characters. AFAIC Morrison kept Jean central. Just because she (and certainly Scott) weren't perfect didn't matter to me. It was the first time I'd found them interesting together since Dark Phoenix. I don't think it was editorially mandated, I think it was the story he chose to tell. And yes, Jean has always been more powerful a character dead to me. She's often too godlike in the flesh, which is something GM explored well in his run. But I never felt he assassinated her or anyone else's characters. I'm fine with her back now because she's a bit more human, so far anyway. I have no beef with her today, whereas the boring 90s saint made me want to drive an ingot into my head. I felt Morrison took "Jean's back" to its logical conclusion - she had nowhere to go but tomorrow.

Anyway, none of this is a big deal to me. I do look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Very, very easily.

I don't understand people who don't like conflict for characters. AFAIC Morrison kept Jean central. Just because she (and certainly Scott) weren't perfect didn't matter to me. It was the first time I'd found them interesting together since Dark Phoenix. I don't think it was editorially mandated, I think it was the story he chose to tell. And yes, Jean has always been more powerful a character dead to me. She's often too godlike in the flesh, which is something GM explored well in his run. But I never felt he assassinated her or anyone else's characters. I'm fine with her back now because she's a bit more human, so far anyway. I have no beef with her today, whereas the boring 90s saint made me want to drive an ingot into my head. I felt Morrison took "Jean's back" to its logical conclusion - she had nowhere to go but tomorrow.

Anyway, none of this is a big deal to me. I do look at the bigger picture.
    Better just say that you don't like Scott and Jean together

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Better just say that you don't like Scott and Jean together
    Yeah, I usually don't. But so what? That doesn't invalidate my opinion. Because I don't view this franchise through the lens of 'my faves' or couples and never have. That's a stupid way to read comics. I thought Morrison was the first writer to make Scott and Jean interesting since the 1980s. I thought the 1990s were a hot shitshow for almost the entire franchise. I thought Morrison was very, very good for the X-Men overall, and what he did has irrevocably influenced the franchise and particularly development of Scott, etc. ever since.

Yeah, I usually don't. But so what? That doesn't invalidate my opinion. Because I don't view this franchise through the lens of 'my faves' or couples and never have. That's a stupid way to read comics. I thought Morrison was the first writer to make Scott and Jean interesting since the 1980s. I thought the 1990s were a hot shitshow for almost the entire franchise. I thought Morrison was very, very good for the X-Men overall, and what he did has irrevocably influenced the franchise and particularly development of Scott, etc. ever since.
    Well Jean and Scott weren't a couple on Morrison run, so it invalidates your opinion. Same thing as saying that like when Jean is dead.
    it is weird because Jean was interesting on Claremont and louise simonson. even Lobdell had a good go on her.
    Morrison completely broke the franchise

BANNED

Well Jean and Scott weren't a couple on Morrison run
    Yes they were, they were just a couple being deconstructed.

it is weird because Jean was interesting on Claremont
    In the 1980s, as I said.

even Lobdell had a good go on her.
    We have a very different definition of 'good'. Scott Lobdell helped destroy this franchise.

Morrison completely broke the franchise
    I wish you luck with the next few years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I thought we all were under 15.
    As long as you're a child at heart but with an adult nervous system, you should be fine

Yes they were, they were just a couple being deconstructed.
    so they weren't a couple. they didn't even kissed

In the 1980s, as I said.
    We have a very different definition of 'good'. Scott Lobdell helped destroy this franchise.
    they are still better than Morrison
    i don't want to defend him, but dude is the most inoccent on this case. He was a stop gap before Morrison took over

I wish you luck with the next few years.
    LOL but i'm not wrong. look the last time x-men books did a double on the top of charts before Hickman

BANNED

so they weren't a couple. they didn't even kissed
    They were married.

i don't want to defend him, but dude is the most inoccent on this case. He was a stop gap before Morrison took over
    You're talking about a brief return stint, lol. I'm talking about when Scott Lobdell wrote the books for the bulk of the 90s. Part of the hackery that helped bankrupt the company and led to the Rise of Perlmutter. Anyway, I apologize in advance for what you may yet endure.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    As long as you're a child at heart but with an adult nervous system, you should be fine
    Is it truly that simple?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

They were married.
    That still doesn't make them a couple. Many people are just married on paper, that was the case of Scott and Jean on Morrison

You're talking about a brief return stint, lol. I'm talking about when Scott Lobdell wrote the books for the bulk of the 90s. Part of the hackery that helped bankrupt the company and led to the Rise of Perlmutter. Anyway, I apologize in advance for what you may yet endure.
    Endure what?
    It wasn't bad at all and the problem of marvel was make investments that never pay off, not Lobdell writing x-books

That still doesn't make them a couple. Many people are just married on paper, that was the case of Scott and Jean on Morrison

Endure what?
    It wasn't bad at all and the problem of marvel was make investments that never pay off, not Lobdell writing x-books

You know what? You gotta stop. You're in multiple threads talking about the same thing you always talk about and it's never on topic. Please stop talking about Scott/Emma/Morrison if you need to do that, make a thread for it but stop constantly derailing other threads with your same old same old.

****Back to Jean appreciation*****

BANNED

Well said. I was just about to say something similar. The same barely readable obsessive posts in multiple threads about a story from 15 years ago is beyond tedious. Imagine still arguing about Jean/Emma/Scott/Morrison in 2019.

The same posters keep feeding him, and they need to stop too. Why feed into someone who is clearly highly biased and obsessed? You're not going to change his mind as this clearly goes beyond the norm. Do the rest of us a favour and stop engaging, or report him to the mods.

BANNED

Wasn't there also a green variant on the Reload costume? I can't remember if it ever got used inside an issue. Either way it's an underrated lewk

Wasn't there also a green variant on the Reload costume? I can't remember if it ever got used inside an issue. Either way it's an underrated lewk
    THAT Return of Claremont era was titled “Revolution”. Reload came later, around the time of Whedon.
    I don’t recall a green variant, but I’ll google a bit. Jean's look was unique in that people actually recall it and liked it. Everyone else looked terrible... except Storm. Her look was ok too.