Page 431 of 626 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I mainly thought this was a way to prevent Dark Phoenix from ever occurring so the force could be used for good.
    Same, that was part of it. That said, Jean still had a larger share of it than others in mine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

All-New Member

72ea2f544ec20608a3b77cd06840d707.jpg
    Phoenix-Phoenix_Five-iOS.jpg

No lie, this has been one of the best Phoenix Force Jean Grey costume wise.
    Last edited by WeaponX24; 09-12-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    I wasn't a fan of the P5, it felt like the story where being a phoenix host lost all it's meaning.
    If the concept ever comes back it should be more meaningful. Each host should represent an aspect of the phoenix.
    I actually disagree- mainly due to story execution. The Phoenix5 was forced upon 5 mutants due to stark’s Interference. This is the one occasion where I think it was ok to have random people be the host.

Don’t get me wrong I’d prefer less Phoenix host stories- it’s just that out of all the non jean Phoenix stories out there, this didn’t diminish the Phoenix as host concept to me at all.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I actually disagree- mainly due to story execution. The Phoenix5 was forced upon 5 mutants due to stark’s Interference. This is the one occasion where I think it was ok to have random people be the host.

Don’t get me wrong I’d prefer less Phoenix host stories- it’s just that out of all the non jean Phoenix stories out there, this didn’t diminish the Phoenix as host concept to me at all.
    Well yeah but in the same story they had some red headed Iron Fist chick be the host to the Phoenix hundreds of years in the past. They kinda threw the Phoenix around a lot in that story and with it diminished the Grey/Phoenix connection.

Not to mention the Phoenix host their using in that Avengers BC story. It's like Marvel wants to cash in on the image of Jean Grey's Phoenix but doesn't actually want to use the character.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-12-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well yeah but in the same story they had some red headed Iron Fist chick be the host to the Phoenix hundreds of years in the past. They kinda threw the Phoenix around a lot in that story and with it diminished the Grey/Phoenix connection.

Not to mention the Phoenix host their using in that Avengers BC story. It's like Marvel wants to cash in on the image of Jean Grey's Phoenix but doesn't actually want to use the character.
    No they didn't. The Iron Fist long ago fought against the Phoenix, no one hosted it.

Avengers BC is just that side using Jason Aaron's fondness for making the Phoenix a part of his pet characters taken in a different direction. Aaron is easily the worst thing possible for the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No they didn't. The Iron Fist long ago fought against the Phoenix, no one hosted it.

Avengers BC is just that side using Jason Aaron's fondness for making the Phoenix a part of his pet characters taken in a different direction. Aaron is easily the worst thing possible for the Phoenix.
    Aaron is probably the worst thing possible for the X-Men in general if we're not holding any punches.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

So you agree they threw the phoenix around like it was chop liver?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I can't stand the Phoenix Five. It started an all new era of ruining the Phoenix Force. It had already been convoluted for awhile, but the P5 just started the trend of everyone using it and butchering the lore around it. It's a shame.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Man had the right idea pertaining to that garbage event and era. Best consider it lost, and if not forgotten, then irrelevant and unimportant to anything going on now and in the future.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I can't stand the Phoenix Five. It started an all new era of ruining the Phoenix Force. It had already been convoluted for awhile, but the P5 just started the trend of everyone using it and butchering the lore around it. It's a shame.
    Namor and Illyana got bad ass costumes tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Phoenix Five was when writers saw that anyone being phoenix would stick. A bad storylike that only did bad to phoenix mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man had the right idea pertaining to that garbage event and era. Best consider it lost, and if not forgotten, then irrelevant and unimportant to anything going on now and in the future.
    Yes, I agree. I laughed when he describe phoenix 5 as decade lost

100% Agreed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I’m just hoping Hickman reboots Phoenix/Jean, like he has the very concept of the XMen,

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So you agree they threw the phoenix around like it was chop liver?
    Not sure what you're trying to say. P5 was a dumb story from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ignoring everything from Schism onwards sounds nice, but it does make every X-fan look like a fool for reading anything between Morrison and Hickman. Considering that is the period Jean was mostly gone for, I'm not surprised Jean fans enjoy that idea, but I think it does more harm to the X-Men as a whole than it helps.