Page 568 of 626 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Annie Claremont is a inspired alias for sure

on another note:
    It's refreshing seeing Hill address his characterization of Laura, instead of tweeting images "free the claws" or "I only f**k female wolverines."
    LOL I had to make this joke
    Good to have a writer accepting feedback
    Williams does accept feedback. She doesn't accept harassment, flaming, and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Williams does accept feedback. She doesn't accept harassment, flaming, and trolling.
    Often writers think feedback is harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    In one way it is refreshing but I hate that a minority writer has to put up with that when writers like Hickman would never even consider acknowledging fan concerns. I want this book to succeed. I didn't understand the mixed reactions to this book - I thought it was fun, had a nice tone, good character moments, etc. I like that Hill doesn't hate on or make fun of the fans like most other creators do online, but at the same time a creator shouldn't feel the pressure to acknowledge all fan concerns, gripes,etc.
    He does that because he is nice and simpathic, not because he has to put up woth fans. He is mostly a tv writer nad journalist so he does comics for the love of the craft and because he loves the characters.
    Hill basically ignored laura getting character developin gon the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Often writers think feedback is harassment.
    Not with some of the stuff people on Twitter have said to her. A lot of really gross stuff (mostly about her being a woman and her looks).

Not with some of the stuff people on Twitter have said to her. A lot of really gross stuff (mostly about her being a woman and her looks).
    Those are 4 channers, they aren't comic readers or at least they aren't comic buyers

It wasn't awful. I liked quirky goofy Pepper, and teenage Tony was likeable. Their take on Ghost is the best one in Marvel history, including Ant Man 2. They handled some pretty dark moment fairly well, and Tony got his ass kicked enough to not make him appear to be flawless. I ADORE Whitney Stane as Masque.

The show has negatives (and plenty of them). It's not on the same level as X-Men TAS, X-Men Evolution, or Avengers: EMH, but it is decent.
    I was referring to some of the live action stuff with horrific acting and outlandish promises. Nearly the entire vault is on Plus, including stuff Disney used to WANT to keep buried like Song of the South.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I didn't know about this Ironman stuff
    I want to be honest, the only X-men cartoons I have watched are TAS, Evolution, Wolverine and the X-men and the X-men anime.
    Are there more?
    Is Jean in all of them? or does she appear on other Marvel cartoons not X-men related?

I will bleed for AA. Do they have Super Hero Squad Show? That had an X-Men episode.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I didn't know about this Ironman stuff
    I want to be honest, the only X-men cartoons I have watched are TAS, Evolution, Wolverine and the X-men and the X-men anime.
    Are there more?
    Is Jean in all of them? or does she appear on other Marvel cartoons not X-men related?
    The X-men often have guest shots in other Marvel cartoons, but Jean herself is a little more iffy. I know the team appeared twice in Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, but that was post Dark Phoenix in the comics ( no Jean but Kitty Pryde is there), Beast and Wolverine show up in an episode or two of the 90s Spiderman, and there are various appearances in the chibi-esque Avengers (post that appeared while I was typing named it - SuperHero Squad) show, but I'm not sure exactly who outside of Iceman's special episode.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Song of the South.

Oh dear lord.jpg

The X-men often have guest shots in other Marvel cartoons, but Jean herself is a little more iffy. I know the team appeared twice in Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, but that was post Dark Phoenix in the comics ( no Jean but Kitty Pryde is there), Beast and Wolverine show up in an episode or two of the 90s Spiderman, and there are various appearances in the chibi-esque Avengers (post that appeared while I was typing named it - SuperHero Squad) show, but I'm not sure exactly who outside of Iceman's special episode.
    Thank you.

The original Dumbo is mentioned too, but the crows (despite the caricature nature) are actually the first decent anything Dumbo meets outside of his mom and the mouse in the film, and I think maybe the only group that isn't mostly douchenozzles.

But back to Jean, since this is her thread...has anyone ever attempted to catalogue her, or any of the other X-Men guest appearances on other shows?
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-16-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

But back to Jean, since this is her thread...has anyone ever attempted to catalogue her, or any of the other X-Men guest appearances on other shows?
    I that would be cool
    I would want to know about her video game appearances too

I know we already discussed Jean's education at length before, but I was re-reading Extraordinary X-men and Jean was taking classes at Empire State University. In the original X-men days Jean went to Metro College, in X-factor Jean was taking night classes at Columbia. We know Jean was studying psychology at Columbia and I think her and Ted Roberts had either a psychology or communications course together at Metro College. So Jean has attended three separate colleges/universities. We also can surmise that she had some sort of higher education credits from Xavier's school. While we do not know if she has a completed degree, I would assume she has since she has attended three different schools. I would say easily Jean finished Metro while the X-men issues were in reruns (re-prints while they were canceled and before the start of the All new, all different) but of course that is head canon/speculation.

I always saw Jean as a smart and educated person. Her online fanbase has always been full of smart and educated people so that's part of the reason I make that assumption/connection (I know that is off but let me brag on my people lol) I figure telepaths are smart by nature because they can easily pick up information from others (not saying they are genius level, but certainly above average).

Marvel really should have graduated her ages ago. I think with how the time works on Marvel she isn't going to end her studies any time soon unless Marvel retcons that. Which they should.
    They could just say she graduated before dying or something like that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-16-2019 at 07:53 PM.