Page 362 of 626 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Seriously, I know Morrison's run was horrible with their relationship but Scott is someone that always has cared for her, that loves her, that idolizes Jean.
    he is connected to her in ways no other character could ever hope to be, through all the phases of her life, that is why i ship them.

tumblr_ohmfkxhK8m1vnw9u0o1_1280.png.jpg
    _____________________Dt6rpVEU8AAGqXJ.jpg large.jpg
    sdgt.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He cared until he stop caring right?
    Outside of Morrison there wasn't a time he didn't care and to this day he does. Who else has loved Jean for longer?
    who felt her absence more than him?
    He continued loving her even after Morrison. He has done since the start of the franchice and he still does to this day. In fact Marvel could break them and keep them a part from what is left of the franchice and make them kiss at the very last issue and they would be the love story of the X-men.
    _______________cute.jpg
    hjtut.jpg
    ugfuj.jpg
    they can make any guy fall for her because she is charismatic and beautiful, those are superficial things and don't change the fact than any other person would just love her from one moment to the other without caring before or caring for superficial reasons.
    nothing unique that can't be done with anybody else.
    Meanwhile Scott is the guy who grew up with Jean, who has been there in all of the most significant moments of her life, part of the closest thing she had to her own family. Scott is her equal, the only character as developed as her, the Adam of her Eve, the Romeo of her Juliet.

Someone popular enough to don't depend on her. Someone flawed but brave, interesting and always important.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So, does anyone have any expectations for Jean's reunion with Rachel and Cable in the upcoming X-men book?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So, does anyone have any expectations for Jean's reunion with her children in the upcoming X-men book?
    I like that Cable is a kid and hope they get to interact while it last. I love him being older than her but if there is the chance to see them interact in a more conventional way i would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like that Cable is a kid and hope they get to interact while it last. I love him being older than her but if there is the chance to see them interact in a more conventional way i would love it.
    It's definitely a unique opportunity for their relationship. I'm not sure what Hickman will do, but at least it will be something.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love that page and your avatar. I think that just like in real life caring for someone else like a son adds a whole layer to the characters/people. It makes them more mature. Jean is the first X-woman that girl who we have seen grow up and be everything a woman, mutant, hero can be. Being motherly is one of those other things were she beats any other X-woman, that makes her stand above others because it is something selfless and beautiful, a sign of growth and maturity.

edit: I'm so emotional today, sorry for that and for spamming this thread apologies too.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 10:32 PM.

I love that page and your avatar. I think that just like in real life caring for someone else like a son adds a whole layer to the characters/people. It makes them more mature. Jean is the first X-woman that girl who we have seen grow up and be everything a woman, mutant, hero can be. Being motherly is one of those other things were she beats any other X-woman, that makes her stand above others because it is something selfless and beautiful, a sign of growth and maturity.

edit: I'm so emotional today, sorry for that and for spamming this thread apologies too.
    Yeah. I've been severely struggling with my depression, and I tend to get angry and combative on here and Twitter when I'm not doing great. I'm not trying to start fights, just a lot of things about comic books these days bother me. But that's on me and I shouldn't take it out on people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah. I've been severely struggling with my depression, and I tend to get angry and combative on here and Twitter when I'm not doing great. I'm not trying to start fights, just a lot of things about comic books these days bother me. But that's on me and I shouldn't take it out on people on here.
    Everyone needs to vent out their frustrations every once in a while. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You guys are great to talk to.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

He cared until he stop caring right?
    . What he made to Jean forgive him? absolutely nothing
    At least Cyclops cared. Bishop didn't for Jean until they were forced and rushed off panel on an AU that ignored common sense, can't get more rushed and undeserving than that. Maybe he doesn't care at all, Jean kissed other guy and he showed no reaction. I hope Jean and Bishop doesn't carry over but if it does, don't forget that after just one issue she was already kissing other person.

what made Jean forgive Bishop for molesting Cable and Hope for years??? Absolutely nothing, that should be a total turn off yet not you or Marvel cared.

BANNED

What's the point in trying to argue with someone who is obsessively biased?

BANNED

That page with Jean and Twink Dayspring is really cute. If that's the approach to the Nathan character going forward I can get behind it. (I haven't minded Jean since she's been back either, which is real growth for me after Inferno and the 90s.)

Per the Morrison run, all I'll say is I thought he nailed the real problem. Neither Jean nor Scott were monsters, but they were both deeply out of touch with the other. They'd been living the fantasy marriage of "Scott and Jean" that the 90s had pushed for years but had failed to remain connected to how their spouse had evolved. It was nobody's fault and everybody's. I never felt he assassinated Jean's character or didn't have sympathy for her. I will say the dissolution of their marriage and showing Scott's fallibility and humanity again went a long way with me for finally redeeming Scott after Madelyne. And I think GM recognized Jean had become a kind of untouchable goddess and was falling away from the rest of a 'human' life, and all she could do next was die and ascend. That was very true to how I, personally, had perceived their relationship for years. But I was never a huge fan of the couple. I find them more interesting as individuals.
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-18-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Enough!! All this bitching about on and on and on! Never ends just be happy she's back and not get kill because some editor has his issues with her.

Nah Morrison contracdicts Claremont.

I read it recently and Jean compassion didn't stand out for me

Scott was being cold too, but Jean help for him could be better.
    Well I listed all the various characters that Jean displayed compassion towards. So you may want to re-read those specific issues. Jean stayed beside Beast's bed side after he had been smashed by Cassandra. Jean went to Beak while he in the medical area and was very careful not to come too far into his thoughts so she could find out what really happened. Jean cared for the students against the U-men. Jean shown compassion to Emma when she put her back together, when she allowed Fantomex to escape, when she did everything in her power to save Xavier, when she floated over to lay hand on Xorneto, and those are just to name a few.

Jean was still the loving, caring character in Morrison's run. But she just wasn't defined by Scott and that is the issue some have trouble with. A woman should never be defined by a relationship to or with a man. Period. For way too much of her history Jean has been defined by her relationship to Scott. In Morrison's run both Scott and Jean had other stories and wasnt' always together or thinking about the other. He made them individuals. It is better to be fans of specific characters than to be fans of relationships. We don't see actual real people as relationship entities. Scott and Jean are great characters but they shouldn't be defined by one another.

Also, in what ways did Morrison contradict Claremont on the Phoenix? Morrison used Claremont's version of the afterlife and white Phoenix. Morrison expanded on what was already there with Claremont and what other writers had already done wit the Phoenix. Morrison brought the Phoenix back to being about Jean (she came out of the egg, the phoenix was in her blood, she had "telekinetic godhood", Xavier described it as 'this phoenix potential' , telekinetic sensitivity, etc).

I do think Hickman will be another Morrison in that the X-men will be super high quality but some fans will always hate it because he is going to break with convention and change things up (while still playing with the X-men concepts we have come to expect).

Except they aren't defined by it. Their relationship has been little more than an afterthought for more than a decade after being deconstructed. Until very recently they will finally exist at the same time.

and again treating Jean as disposable trash wasn't making her a favor, no matter how good you paint Morrison, doesn't change the fact that his run ended up with her suffering and getting killed (and it seemed that the plan was keeping her death).

Imagine if that was Storm, Rogue, Cyclops or Emma living throught that. it would be horrible and people would complain about how much marvel hates those characters not praising the characters being disposed.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-18-2019 at 07:48 AM.