Page 164 of 626 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 9381

Seems like Jessica’s character is only seen by Jean for the most part until the train scene and then Jessica reveals herself. Looks like they have improved the effects.
    First X-Lady

I see a raptor being born?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I see a raptor being born?
    Might be the D'Bari star being munched on...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Might be the D'Bari star being munched on...
    Naw, that was the other scene.

fan art by Bosslogic

I nearly pooed mybpants when i saw the slight fiery raptor. I wonder how Phoenixy Jean will get, or will it just be the Raptor leaving her body at end of the film.

Less than 2 months to go!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    fan art by Bosslogic
    Now that seems to go with the theory that jassica is PF itself.That's why only jean can see it or whatever.

This movie made me realize another problem with X3: the X-Men never actual have a fight with Jean.

The only confrontation they have with her is Xavier getting obliterated and Jean letting Logan stab her to death with little resistance. What makes it worse is how X2 builds up Jean just to have the following film do little to nothing with her.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-18-2019 at 04:13 PM.

I’m glad to see a lot of fan art popping up.
    First X-Lady

I’ve given plenty of props to the later trailers for seemingly getting a lot of the origin stuff right, so pleased don’t mistake my criticisms for pessimism, but:

1.) “have you heard what the kids are calling you? Phoenix.” This (likely) implies again that “Phoenix” is a nickname or what not rather than it being the “Phoenix force.” It isn’t a big deal but kinda bugs me. On one hand it being a nickname kinda makes it a codename. But I always Felt like the codename being derived from the Phoenix force felt more meaningful. It being some random codename other students call her is kinda “meh”

2.) “who are you?” “The better question is, who are YOU?” Is very cringeworthy to me.

My only other complaint is something that may be addressed in the movie - and that’s whether or not jean’s Actions in apocalypse were at all Phoenix related and if that ties into this movie at all. Or if they just kinda brush it under the rug with no explanation.

Overall the later trailers are looking much better than the first, and I don’t just mean in special effects. I still think this movie will likely be average but that’s much better than the original flop status it originally seemed to be. Would happily be proven wrong by the film though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Hey guys I re read the Xmen red annual and I didn’t see a jean / wolverine reunion other than old man Logan and Laura.

Have jean and original flavor Logan (or what’s er we call him) Interscted since she’s been back?
    Last edited by Grey; 04-20-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

1.) “have you heard what the kids are calling you? Phoenix.” This (likely) implies again that “Phoenix” is a nickname or what not rather than it being the “Phoenix force.” It isn’t a big deal but kinda bugs me. On one hand it being a nickname kinda makes it a codename. But I always Felt like the codename being derived from the Phoenix force felt more meaningful. It being some random codename other students call her is kinda “meh”
    To be fair, it always was a nickname until the garbage retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Hey guys I re read the Xmen red annual and I didn’t see a jean / wolverine reunion other than old man Logan and Laura.

Have jean and original flavor Logan (or what’s er we call him) Interscted since she’s been back?
    They had an encounter in the Return Of Wolverine mini when Logan fought a team of X-Men (he didn't really know who they were because he'd been brainwashed to think they were villains). So technically they have interacted but not since Logan was restored to normal, so a genuine reunion hasn't really happened yet. And they did a swerve in the opening scene of the Wolverine Infinity Watch series where it seemed like they'd met each other again but Jean turned out to be one of Loki's illusions.

BANNED

On a side note:

Someone criticized the FX of the firebird at the end of "Apocalypse".
    I think the "vague" firebird at the end of "Apocalypse" was superb in terms of CGI, and it looked like real fire.

What do you think about it?