Page 202 of 626 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm hopeful for Hickman's run, as I am a fan of his FF and Avengers runs (and also his indie book East of West). However, I think it's a toss up as to how much spotlight Jean gets. When he has a large cast to work with (like in his Avengers), he tends to focus on his favorites, whether it's characters he grew up with or his own creations. Magneto, Emma, and M are on his list of favorites so we're probably going to see a lot of them.

It does seem like we have a more pared down cast then the current books, though, so maybe Jean will still get her chance to shine. Given how his books will focus on X-history and revolutionizing the X-Men concept, I think Jean is assured plenty of panel time considering how integral she is. Honestly, I feel bad for Storm fans, since she's the only one who hasn't appeared in the previews that I consider the X-Men's most recognizable characters (the others being Jean, Prof. X, Cyclops, and Wolverine).
    Well there is magneto, emma, sunspot, bobby, monet, Scott to take the to spots. Maybe Jean will get a secondary book away from Hickman.
    Majority of avengers went just a to b and had zero development. That is ok for avengers, were many have solo books. Not so fine for x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    By that logic, where’s Storm, her best friend?
    LOl as if Hickman gonna remmeber that

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well there is magneto, emma, sunspot, bobby, monet, Scott to take the to spots. Maybe Jean will get a secondary book away from Hickman.
    Majority of avengers went just a to b and had zero development. That is ok for avengers, were many have solo books. Not so fine for x-men

LOl as if Hickman gonna remmeber that
    It is almost sure Jean will get more than most of the characters you mentioned. No need to be that pesimist.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'll be honest: Storm should be just as upfront as Jean, Scott, and Logan are on all of this. It's strange and suspect that she isn't. Outside of Charles and Erik, they are THE four essential X-Men. The fact is that Jean not being one of his favorites, or Scott or Logan, is telling that it isn't a favoritism thing. So where is Ororo?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is almost sure Jean will get more than most of the characters you mentioned. No need to be that pesimist.
    On HOX/POX I can believe on that. On his run? it will be about his favorites

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

On HOX/POX I can believe on that. On his run? it will be about his favorites
    We don't even know what the teams will be yet.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

So for the people here that play Marvel Future Fight, Jean's T3 and XRed or 90s uni got leaked.
    She's probably gonna be the GOAT for a while.
    qupsjslswcz21.jpg
    https://www.reddit.com/r/future_figh...ean_confirmed/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He had plans for Jeen in Secret Wars (Jean herself being dead), you see that both her and Scott were on the covers, but all the sudden she didn't even appear and Cyclops had the Phoenix, and was killed off abruptly.

Hickman also mentioned at the time he had plans for Cyclops and the Phoenix that Marvel didn't like, but didn't say much. My guess there was heavy editorial interference there, but he didn't say too much because he hoped to come back and write X-men eventually.
    Morrison run was the same things, and what that got us?
    A fourteen year longstanding death, that aside, I recently came across his Jean(again). And I'll say this for better or worse, he nailed her voice for a modern age imo, all his ideas may not have been sound. But at least for the issues he wrote her he wrote her as capable, assertive, and independent something that comes and goes with Jean. She had an edge and she wasn't afraid or timid to fully explore that and I liked that, it's what's been missing since her return there's no fire and she's reactionary opposed to truly reveling in herself. I'm personally tired of confused, helpless, and passive Jean with all she's seen and done I just expect Jean to be a bit more worldly more experienced but recently she's been written with such naivete that it's a disservice to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'll be honest: Storm should be just as upfront as Jean, Scott, and Logan are on all of this. It's strange and suspect that she isn't. Outside of Charles and Erik, they are THE four essential X-Men. The fact is that Jean not being one of his favorites, or Scott or Logan, is telling that it isn't a favoritism thing. So where is Ororo?

Truth, the lack of writers capable of writing Storm at this point is ludicrous, when is the last time a writer on the flagship actually "got" Storm or made an effort to portray her in ways other than lightning girl. She has no grit, no meat attached, although the true is that's the problem with the whole franchise. No one sounds like themselves, and none of their stories or journeys matter outside of the story it's being told within.

Also, just a quick reminder, to the folks who consistently state certain posters are overreacting. In last two years since her Resurrection there's being red flags as far as her portrayal. She hasn't suffered nearly as bad as others but she also hasn't had the luxury of a long-term consistent voice. At this point we all should be mindful, outside of Red everything she's appeared in, has been in an incredibly passive or incredibly ineffectual roles. Now while we can argue that I also think we all can agree that Jean could have been giving more to do across the series she's appeared in thus far, I don't know what Hickman has planned so I won't speculate. However, just because she's included does not mean he will write her well, or if she'll have a big role, at least for the others involved he's written them in some capacity and they usually receive a lot of attention from multiple writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    A fourteen year longstanding death, that aside, I recently came across his Jean(again). And I'll say this for better or worse, he nailed her voice for a modern age imo, all his ideas may not have been sound. But at least for the issues he wrote her he wrote her as capable, assertive, and independent something that comes and goes with Jean. She had an edge and she wasn't afraid or timid to fully explore that and I liked that, it's what's been missing since her return there's no fire and she's reactionary opposed to truly reveling in herself. I'm personally tired of confused, helpless, and passive Jean with all she's seen and done I just expect Jean to be a bit more worldly more experienced but recently she's been written with such naivete that it's a disservice to her character.
    you can't cheat the dead.

I think it was ok, but never saw all this fire. She was mostly very cold on the run. except when she lashed out on Emma and that soldiers that invaded the mansion

Truth, the lack of writers capable of writing Storm at this point is ludicrous, when is the last time a writer on the flagship actually "got" Storm or made an effort to portray her in ways other than lightning girl. She has no grit, no meat attached, although the true is that's the problem with the whole franchise. No one sounds like themselves, and none of their stories or journeys matter outside of the story it's being told within.

Also, just a quick reminder, to the folks who consistently state certain posters are overreacting. In last two years since her Resurrection there's being red flags as far as her portrayal. She hasn't suffered nearly as bad as others but she also hasn't had the luxury of a long-term consistent voice. At this point we all should be mindful, outside of Red everything she's appeared in, has been in an incredibly passive or incredibly ineffectual roles. Now while we can argue that I also think we all can agree that Jean could have been giving more to do across the series she's appeared in thus far, I don't know what Hickman has planned so I won't speculate. However, just because she's included does not mean he will write her well, or if she'll have a big role, at least for the others involved he's written them in some capacity and they usually receive a lot of attention from multiple writers.
    Jean was canon fodder for Hickman faves for a long time. IDK why I don't have the right to not trust him

you can't cheat the dead.

I think it was ok, but never saw all this fire. She was mostly very cold on the run. except when she lashed out on Emma and that soldiers that invaded the mansion

Jean was canon fodder for Hickman faves for a long time. IDK why I don't have the right to not trust him
    See, this is exactly why writers and creators never honestly answer their fans questions, and give painfully neutral answers: because SOME PEOPLE crucify them over every little thing they dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    See, this is exactly why writers and creators never honestly answer their fans questions, and give painfully neutral answers: because SOME PEOPLE crucify them over every little thing they dislike.
    What a bad excuse. I'm tired of writers saying their personal opinions

maybe if writers remembered that they write more than their faves or then screwing other character in favor of their faves.

something to think about
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-20-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I know people feel very strongly about Morrison, but I never really felt that his Jean was cold. She had a lot on her plate, and was trying to deal with her growing powers, strained marriage, and taking on the role of headmistress with Xavier out of commission for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I know people feel very strongly about Morrison, but I never really felt that his Jean was cold. She had a lot on her plate, and was trying to deal with her growing powers, strained marriage, and taking on the role of headmistress with Xavier out of commission for a bit.
    The whole point of Morrison was that Jean was becoming more and more distant because she was becoming a goddess.

What a bad excuse. I'm tired of writers saying their personal opinions

maybe if writers remembered that they write more than their faves or then screwing other character in favor of their faves.

something to think about
    So you want all media to be created by automatons? Literally every writer has a favorite character. Some fans want to know which ones, and honestly, Hickman answering that question was stupid on his part. Because now he's already poisoned the well for people like you. And I'm sure you're not the only one who saw that he likes Emma and went into shrieking hysterics.

I will never understand why writers interact at all with their fans. Literally anything they say will piss someone off.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So you want all media to be created by automatons? Literally every writer has a favorite character. Some fans want to know which ones, and honestly, Hickman answering that question was stupid on his part. Because now he's already poisoned the well for people like you. And I'm sure you're not the only one who saw that he likes Emma and went into shrieking hysterics.

I will never understand why writers interact at all with their fans. Literally anything they say will piss someone off.
    When Emma fans catched that JDW wasn't a big fans of Emma or Scemma they didn't took it light here or on Twitter.

I didn't took a problem with his listing his faves, but his shilling on a interview seal the deal for me.

I doubt there is someone out there that is seeing problem with that

When Emma fans catched that JDW wasn't a big fans of Emma or Scemma they didn't took it light here or on Twitter.

I didn't took a problem with his listing his faves, but his shilling on a interview seal the deal for me.

I doubt there is someone out there that is seeing problem with that
    Emma fans got upset with JDW because he said he preferred her as a villain, which ignores the last 18 years of her character history.

He listed his favorites, how is that shilling?