Page 574 of 626 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Young Jean by Sami Basri

Great art. I really love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought the rumour was that he was anti-marriage or some nonsense.
    He was going through a nasty divorce where his ex-wife basically smashed his life with a hammer and still won in court, and around that time he ended Hank and Janet's marriages, Scott and Jean's, and the big one, Peter and Mary Jane's.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He was going through a nasty divorce where his ex-wife basically smashed his life with a hammer and still won in court, and around that time he ended Hank and Janet's marriages, Scott and Jean's, and the big one, Peter and Mary Jane's.
    Exactly. And it was all Morrison's fault

Was Jean's death by Morrison editorially mandated though? If not, he still deserves some of the fault. Though I agree Quesada is the biggest culprit either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Was Jean's death by Morrison editorially mandated though? If not, he still deserves some of the fault. Though I agree Quesada is the biggest culprit either way.
    I was talking about Pete/MJ and Hand/Janet divorce, saying it was Grant's fault, as a joke. Jean's and Scott break was with no doubt Grant's decision. With no doubt all JQ's benediction, and more.

Anyway, I agree, Jean's death (and return in HCT) was all GM.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-19-2019 at 01:46 PM.

It was Morrison's story/idea/. But I think the ending we received with HCT wasn't how it was originally supposed to end. I've been looking for that quote forever, but from my understanding, he was planning on bringing Jean back by the end of his run.
    Richard Alexander

No, it wasn't. There wasn't editorial mandates on his run. It felt like the natural conclusion of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    It was Morrison's story/idea/. But I think the ending we received with HCT wasn't how it was originally supposed to end. I've been looking for that quote forever, but from my understanding, he was planning on bringing Jean back by the end of his run.
    He wasn't supposed to live after HCT, so yes, he surely changed the ending knowing he would leave anyway. If not, It wasn't supposed ti be his last take on those characters . He would have certainly brought back Jean at some point in his run. As he said in an interview, he always fell for "Oh Jean..."

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I heard a lot of that, but when I read his interviews right after gone from x-men, i can only find he worried about Scott and his plans for Emma and Scott together

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I take it you're in an argument with someone and need a feat? I can't particularly think of one but maybe another Jean fan here can?
    Yes! a Storm fan is getting on my nerves about Jean's reaction speed in a battle thread, but I did my research and Jean doesn't have any good reaction/speed feat
    we all know how the speed of a thought works in Marvel but still.

Jean can't react to lightning...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-19-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I heard a lot of that, but when I read his interviews right after gone from x-men, i can only find he worried about Scott and his plans for Emma and Scott together
    Have you read all of them ? It's a real question, not a provocation.

The only story I recall Morrison planning post HCT was that the school was going to allow a gifted human musician entry and he'd be bullied. I think HCT ended the way he wanted to but no idea if he had plans for a Ressurection

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Have you read all of them ? It's a real question, not a provocation.
    Hard to say as I don't have a exactly number of his interviews, but the ones I read completely refutes any "Morrison wan to ressurrect Jean". He says that he did everything he wanted to do on x-men and it was time to go, that he is worried about Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma i snot part of any old generation, she has the same age as Jean and she joined x-men on 2000s

With Morrison is really easy lost Jean character on it. First she saw U-man she panicked
    When Emma was introduced she referred to the X-Men as YOUNG people and CHILDREN. She was originally same age as people like Xavier and Moira (who is also old but looks good). Morrison had her claim to be 27 when the Cuckoos called her a silly old woman. Of course Morrison also wrote Emma as having had plastic surgery, so besides plastic surgery and powerful telepathic powers of course she looks good.

Now under Hickman Magneto and Xavier speak to Emma as if she's a peer, as in someone their age.

She's definitely WAY older than Jean. None of the younger X-Men were focused on in Hickman's set up.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When Emma was introduced she referred to the X-Men as YOUNG people and CHILDREN. She was originally same age as people like Xavier and Moira (who is also old but looks good). Morrison had her claim to be 27 when the Cuckoos called her a silly old woman. Of course Morrison also wrote Emma as having had plastic surgery, so besides plastic surgery and powerful telepathic powers of course she looks good.

Now under Hickman Magneto and Xavier speak to Emma as if she's a peer, as in someone their age.

She's definitely WAY older than Jean. None of the younger X-Men were focused on in Hickman's set up.
    She was retconned to be the same age as O5. Also being older doesn't make her a older generation of x-men, she joined x-men only on 2000s.
    She has zero to do with magneto, xavier and moira