Page 542 of 626 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Because they said she was being rude and disrespectful to Sage. It was just usual fan trolling and craziness. There was a very popular sage fan on this board and he was probably trolling but he had a lot of users hating on Jean for somehow dissing Sage though the character just says Hi to her. It was over the top as what you can expect here at times.
    God, the Sage fans here used to be 10 times worse than the Storm fans now.

And that's saying something.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Just wanted to share that my new cosplay is going to be Jean’s x-men red costume. Can’t wait to share it with y’all!
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Just wanted to share that my new cosplay is going to be Jean’s x-men red costume. Can’t wait to share it with y’all!
    blue and red, or green/yellow

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    blue and red, or green/yellow
    I’m going with the blue and red version. I may do a green and yellow in the future.

I prefer cosplay that has been in print so that more people will have already seen it and know it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Morrison's X-men is the gold standard that I use to judge any and all X-men stories. To me, Morrison and Claremont are the best Jean writers but I think Tom Taylor did a great job and so did Bendis, Bunn, and Hopeless. The writers of X-factor also did well with Jean.

Morrison's Jean was great in a variety of ways. Jean had her personality. She was compassionate, had strong resolve, and she was powerful. One of my favorite scenes is where she argues with Scott right before going into the Cerebra room to explain to everyone what Cassandra Nova was. She told Scott they had more important things to worry about then their glowing eyes frightening the republicans.

Jean was great in E is for Extinction, especially the last issue where her and Beast went to Genosha. She was great in the second issue where she puts Xavier in his place "that tone of voice may work with Scott..". She was awesome in Germ Free Generation where she takes on the U-men, excellent in the silent issue, and had a great role in Imperial. The scene where she downloads Xavier's mind is one of my all time favorite issues. She was brave to confront Nova.

I loved the issues where Jean and Xavier meet Fantomex. Morrison made telepaths feel strange and different as they should be portrayed. I loved when Jean allowed Fantomex to escape. I also loved the story with Xavier and Jean in Genosha with Storm and Thunderbird when they rescued Polaris.

The confrontation between Jean and Emma was epic. You felt for Jean because she was being betrayed but you also felt for Emma because Jean didn't pull any punches. I remember on this board, and even the Jean Grey Message board, fans were pissed at Jean for being so cruel and forceful. Jean is one of those characters when she's too goody two shoes fans seem to hate her for it.. for being miss perfect but as soon as she does something questionable fans lose their heads over it too. You can't win. I recall the amount of Jean Grey hate on this very board when Jean said "Hi, Sage" when Bishop and Sage questioned her about Emma's shooting.

Jean got to be the hero again when she put Emma back together in her "new age nightmare of forgiveness". Jean also shined in Planet X when she became fully Phoenix. I loved the art in those issues.

Here Comes Tomorrow, in my view eclipsed the Dark Phoenix Saga because of how good the writing was and the Phoenix once again was manipulated by others and not inherently an evil entity. The last scenes of Jean in the White Hot Room, which was just a re-imagining of what Claremont wrote in his Classic Backstory was awesome. To see Jean once again as White Phoenix and great. Finally Jean/Phoenix were back together as Claremont intended. There was a time I never thought that would happen again.

The scene where Jean holds the badly wounded orphan universe still gives me chills and it is another one of my all time favorite scenes.

Another thing I loved about Morrison's Jean is how other characters described her. Beast said she was a grown up omega mutant. Emma said she had a bad temper and didn't know her own strength. Emma said that her pacifist posturing hides a playground bully. Jean herself said she preaches brotherhood but comes home and fights. Cyclops talked about her huge emotions and worried about her control. Xavier talked about this "phoenix potential" she accessed that had power reserves on a cosmic scale.

I also loved the art. Quitely's Jean was truly stunning. If you disagree look at the last issue of the Imperial storyline. Phil's art in Planet X was also stunning. I will defend Kordey's art until my death lol Yes I even loved his Jean that often looked a little messy because when you are an uber psychic plugged into the phoenix consciousness who cares about hygiene.

I loved the contrast of Jean and Emma throughout the series. I also liked how Morrison saw Jean as an equal to Xavier. She called him Charles and not "sir".

I could go on but Morrison shown the character a lot of love and respect. It does not matter to me who his favs were or were not. Some of you do not like his run because of the affair but that was just one aspect of this run. Most of the time Jean had her own thing going on while Scott was doing his thing. They were separate characters with their own stories. They did overlap naturally but Jean had bigger things to do, like phoenix work.

I like it when Jean retains her warm personality but she still has a fiery edge and she has an aspect about her that causes her teammates concern. I like Jean who is a grown up omega mutant who doesn't need to be a damsel in distress but a major powerhouse (though can still be defeated, have struggles, not all powerful, etc).

Jean also had great imagery with the sparks of fire in her eyes and hair when she channels the Phoenix. Morrison's Jean was, in my mind the perfect balance of what we call plain Jean Grey and the Phoenix/Jean merger. It worked, and I think she was great.

When I'm down I re-read Morrison's X-men and it makes me happy. I know some of you have the opposite reaction to it but I feel like I've made a decent case of why I view it so well.
    This should be the first post in this thread.

I’m going with the blue and red version. I may do a green and yellow in the future.

I prefer cosplay that has been in print so that more people will have already seen it and know it.
    Good choice. Red/blue looks better anyway

I hope teen Jean bean's spunk returns someday.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I hope teen Jean bean's spunk returns someday.
    Don't let powerpax hear you say that. Supposedly Jean's been very spunky and powerful since Hickman came on.

We can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bendis said that?

What i know is that Teen O5 was already a pitch from the editors. it didnt come from bendis himself.

I have a hard time believeing that Bendis would pass the chance for writing adult Jean. of course that he likes to take liberties with characters, but I'm not sure if he will ever get a chance to write Jean again
    Yes, I think that Bendis said, about the O5, that "he did not want to tell another Jean Grey resurrection story and he did not want to tell a Jean/Phoenix story." But he wasn't meaning that he didn't want to write about adult Jean. What he was meaning is that he didn't want to write the same kind of stories with Jeen. As he said, acknowledging Jean's histrory with the Phoenix was unavoidable but, through Jeen, he wanted to take the character in another direction (which is why he wrote the Trial to both acknowledge the Phoenix and separate Jeen from it).

It's Bendis that pitched the O5, not the editors. But he said that originally the idea didn't came from him. Someone else came with it a few years earlier but when he had a chance, he pitched it in part as a way to bring back Jean.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Red and blue is so much better. I don't dislike the yellow/green one but it is not great either.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-27-2019 at 05:45 PM.

From a newsarama interview:

Bendis: (...) But they don't want a reincarnated Jean Grey, and they don't want a dug-up Jean Grey. They want Jean
    (....)
    That’s a big deal, Bendis says, “because it’s actually Jean Grey. It’s not reincarnated Jean Grey. It’s not the clone of Jean Grey. It’s actually her.”

I thought in one interview he flat out says he didn't want to do another Jean/Phoenix story but I may have inferred that from him saying repeatedly he didn't want to resurrect her.
    Bendis didn't said that he didn't want to resurrect her. He said that fans don't want a reincarnation of Jean. They don't want a clone, copy or whatever. They want the "real" Jean. What Bendis was saying is that Jeen was allowing him to bring back the "real" Jean even if Marvel didn't wanted to just resurrect the character. It was a way to go around that.

green and gold 4ever, any other color is ****
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    is weird, people dont like bendis but jean grey bendis is great
    people like hickman but jean grey hickman is just ok.
    is there a world were good story and good jean in the future?
    Many people liked Bendis' stories. But his style is not for everyone. Imho, Bendis biggest problem is that he doesn't resolve many of his plots or conclude his stories with a deus ex machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Bendis didn't said that he didn't want to resurrect her. He said that fans don't want a reincarnation of Jean. They don't want a clone, copy or whatever. They want the "real" Jean. What Bendis was saying is that Jeen was allowing him to bring back the "real" Jean even if Marvel didn't wanted to just resurrect the character. It was a way to go around that.
    The point remains is that he didn't resurrect her but brought back an earlier younger version before her character became complicated or convoluted. We will never really know why they didn't outright bring back adult Jean but brought back the teenager version especially as most of the 2012 interviews he acknowledges fans are wanting the return of Jean Grey.