Page 248 of 626 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 9381
    Incredible Member

On the costume idea, I'd like to remember you the Alex Ross rejected design:
    tumblr_mf42w1dvhs1rk7w2qo5_1280.jpg
    I think there's a good base to improve on.
    Sorry for the drawn segments, my nephew's fault! Gotta check all my pics! Grrr!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mogwen; 06-24-2019 at 05:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Personally I would love for Jean to be in a Phoenix costume and to use the codename, but sadly I don't think it will happen for a long time. They've overused the Phoenix, especially with so many other characters. Story wise it would he hard at this point to accept Jean using either considering how she told the Phoenix off in Phoenix Resurrection. I wish someone other than Rosenberg had handled the story. So many of us see the Phoenix as a positive force and a central part of Jean's character, but Rosenberg does not see it that way. He saw it as a negative and used it as a dark destructive force in Jean's life. He took her back to the 80s/90s but seems convinced he did something new with her (but he just did a reset).

But I do think Jean without the Phoenix can be as good as Jean with it. I loved New X-men because it was the best of both. I saw someone say that on twitter to JDW weeks go that Morrison's Jean was a perfect blend of Jean Grey and Phoenix. I wish she stayed like that.
    Of course if Jean was Phoenix AoXM could never happen. Phoenix did not fit into the stories editorial wanted to tell at the time, which were Mutants were going to be endanger of extinction again.

Frankky the XMen are in a mess now.

But Rachel Grey has already regained Phoenix powers from her Mother Askani self. Marvel is definitely not worried about overusing the Phoenix. Dark Phoenix the film got panned, but like all Fox XMen films it is still profitable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Well, I'm the poster and I don't agree with you, most of the time when Jean was in this costume, she was a support character. There are few times where she was impressive but only a few (I remember her throwing Mellencamp away drawn by Romita Jr). I remember people nicknamed her Xavier's nurse. She was much more impressive in Morrison's run and everytime she was in the Phoenix costume.
    And this costume, especially the blue part looks like steel, definitely like body armor. Why would she need this? She uses force fields to protect herself, no? And not even talking about the shoulderpads, what are those pouches on the legs for?
    And don't assume I know Jean from the 90's cartoon, I've been there from her first Phoenix stint.
    In the 90s both Jean and Scott were mainly the parental DNA donors for the Nate’s and Rachel, who were the real heroes.

Jean as Phoenix or even Jeen would have curb stomped Nate Grey. So Jeen had to be back in the past and Adult Jean had to not be Phoenix for AoXM to happen, and that served to help make Mutants endangered of being killed off again. Decimation, IvX, and now the vaccine. Can’t Marvel come up with something new for the XMen?

Incredible Member

To be honest, I really liked Jean in X-Men Red, she was both strong and compationate. She doesn't need to be the Phoenix for that (well it doesn't hurt!). I wish to see that kind of Jean, one that takes decision, not afraid of her powers or her emotions.

I hope Dark Phoenix bombing doesn't affect Jean too much

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Let's be optimistic.
    Why should it? The film bombing has nothing to do with the characters and everything to do with how the FOX handled it...pretty poorly.
    This only the MCU will have to make a different Jean Grey, which is good because, for me, I can't stand this insecure awkward depiction o fJean.
    Jean Grey is empathy and passion embodied. I want to see that onscreen.

To be honest, I really liked Jean in X-Men Red, she was both strong and compationate. She doesn't need to be the Phoenix for that (well it doesn't hurt!). I wish to see that kind of Jean, one that takes decision, not afraid of her powers or her emotions.
    Agreed! Jean in X-Men Red should be the template for Jean Grey moving forward. She wasn't involved in a love triangle. She wasn't part of some cosmic plot with the Phoenix Force. She was just doing what she does best. THAT is the Jean that I hope one day finds her way into the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Let's be optimistic.
    Why should it? The film bombing has nothing to do with the characters and everything to do with how the FOX handled it...pretty poorly.
    This only the MCU will have to make a different Jean Grey, which is good because, for me, I can't stand this insecure awkward depiction o fJean.
    Jean Grey is empathy and passion embodied. I want to see that onscreen.
    I really want a more accurate Jean on screen.

Reposting here.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/06/...ix-xmen-manga/

Dark Phoenix might not have been the blockbuster fans wanted, but it did bring the X-Men Movies Universe as we know it to an end. With the characters resting under Disney now, this X-Men movie marks the last time fans will see this roster on the big screen, and it seems one well-known artist is bowing out Jean Grey in style.

After all, the artist behind My Hero Academia: Vigilantes just drew up the heroine, and she looks as lively as ever in this post.

Over on Twitter, Betten Court shared his take on the X-Men heroine. As you can see below, the artist drew up Jean as she appears in the film, and Court said he was able to see the movie after he hit a big deadline with his My Hero Academia spin-off.
    Attachment 83826

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hope the same. I'm so afraid for her future on the big screen but I don't think it will affect her on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Beautiful!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This Jean looks more like Kitty than Jean to me.
    40718_Marvel_MarvelGirlFirstAppearance_POP_GLAM_WEB_large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It really does. I'm also red/green colorblind, so the hair even looks brown to me.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nah, it looks just like Marvel Girl! Kitty had super curly brown hair.

BANNED

It's annoying how everyone seems to think the Phoenix is overused and overexposed, when Jean has never really had an extended run with it, aside from the initial Claremont story arc that only lasted about four years and even then had her frequently absent to give other characters more shine. And this has somehow not stopped writers from trying to pass the Phoenix off to their pet characters, and everyone being all shocked and dismayed when it doesn't work. If Jean was running around with adamantium claws and shooting spider webs, that would obviously be absurd, so I don't see why Marvel thinks it can try to make someone else into the Phoenix and not have it completely suck.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's annoying how everyone seems to think the Phoenix is overused and overexposed, when Jean has never really had an extended run with it, aside from the initial Claremont story arc that only lasted about four years and even then had her frequently absent to give other characters more shine. And this has somehow not stopped writers from trying to pass the Phoenix off to their pet characters, and everyone being all shocked and dismayed when it doesn't work. If Jean was running around with adamantium claws and shooting spider webs, that would obviously be absurd, so I don't see why Marvel thinks it can try to make someone else into the Phoenix and not have it completely suck.
    Rachel as Phoenix was fine. It worked.

Warsong/Endsong worked for the story they were trying to tell, and the Phoenix swaps were temporary, and more important, shown to be much less compatible than Jean or Rachel.

AvX was obviously dumb for a variety of reasons.

Then we got the Avengers BC and Wolverine stories that make zero sense.

So it wasn't a "bad" track record until Jason Aaron started doing stuff.