Page 304 of 626 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    5'6 does seem about right. Scott is 6'2, Emma is 5'8 but is around 5'10-5'11 in heels.

The three heights that never go correctly are Colossus 6'6 (somehow is 7'5 with his power, does it really make him grow that much?), Cable (6'10), and Wolverine (anywhere between 5'1 and 5'10 depending on the artist).
    Jean has always been started as 5'6" 110 to 115 pounds, Emma as 5'9" and 5'10" 144 pounds, Scott 6'3" 175 pounds And Wolverine 5'3" 195 pounds.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Reminds me of everyone settling for Batgirl's Burnside costume which is equally as butt fugly as Jean's Red costume. Just dump her in the Phoenix suit and call it a day, I mean, really.
    I don’t think you get a say, with that horrible “Hi Babe” avatar *barf* God that never even sounded like Cyclops.

Also Babs Tarr’s Batgirl costume was epic! Her best ever.

5'6 does seem about right. Scott is 6'2, Emma is 5'8 but is around 5'10-5'11 in heels.
    Emma has always been listed as 5’10, meaning she is about 6’ in heels.
    3413C044-AC5B-4EF9-B3F4-F55BAEDE7066.jpg

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Kitty looks evil with the Excalibur uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I don’t think you get a say, with that horrible “Hi Babe” avatar *barf* God that never even sounded like Cyclops.

Also Babs Tarr’s Batgirl costume was epic! Her best ever.

Emma has always been listed as 5’10, meaning she is about 6’ in heels.
    3413C044-AC5B-4EF9-B3F4-F55BAEDE7066.jpg
    Writers like Fraction and others during that time did write Scott with a younger feel which I appreciated. Scott, Jean, and Emma all seemed younger in New X-men then they previously had. One thing I do like about Jean's current Marvel Girl look is that she looks like a young woman. I'm sorry if it sounds problematic but I do not want Jean to be in her 40's yet.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

All the O5 feel on their 40s to me. If we count adventures of cyclops and phoenix, Jean should be mentally closer to that age.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    All the O5 feel on their 40s to me. If we count adventures of cyclops and phoenix, Jean should be mentally closer to that age.
    I know. You aren't the only one who feels that way but it would be a mistake to make them that old. I know some of us, myself included are pushing 40 but I don't want Scott and Jean to have my issues - wrinkles, gray hair, crow's feet lol

I tend to see them in a nebulous upper 20s/early 30s at best and they shall remain that way. They are classic timeless characters.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Love how prominent Jean is in this. The fact she's the one at the center of it all bodes well for her role in the upcoming Hickman-led era.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

The three heights that never go correctly are Colossus 6'6 (somehow is 7'5 with his power, does it really make him grow that much?), Cable (6'10), and Wolverine (anywhere between 5'1 and 5'10 depending on the artist).
    Colossus kind of makes sense because his body becomes more dense, I think, due to even his muscles becoming steel. Wolverine and Cyclops are supposed to have a big difference in height, but that's never accurately portrayed. Same for Jean's height. I don't think she ever felt like she had 1.67m, closer to 1.75m.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Jean, especially the animated series version, does kind of represent everything stereotypically bland and uncool about white America. Obviously it's not impossible for people from other backgrounds to see through that and appreciate the more substantive aspects of her character, it's just somewhat less likely is all.
    Well luckily for us non-white Jean fans our understanding of a character who's been around since 1963 isn't limited to a 5 year cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Writers like Fraction and others during that time did write Scott with a younger feel which I appreciated. Scott, Jean, and Emma all seemed younger in New X-men then they previously had. One thing I do like about Jean's current Marvel Girl look is that she looks like a young woman. I'm sorry if it sounds problematic but I do not want Jean to be in her 40's yet.
    I have no problems with characters getting old. There is always young charaters, if everyone is young, a lot of them are redundant. there is alot to learn with iron man success

The adult X-Men are perpetually in their early to mid 30s to me. If they're forever 21, what's the point of the younger classes and students?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The adult X-Men are perpetually in their early to mid 30s to me. If they're forever 21, what's the point of the younger classes and students?
    They're not forever 21, most of them forever late 20's.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The X-Men timeline is about ten to twelve years, and that feels right to me. That puts Hank at about 30-32, Scott, Warren, (and chronologically Jean) at 28, and (physically) Jean and Bobby at around 26. Heroes are heroes and the sliding timescale is what it is, so that makes the heroes around this age. And I dunno, maybe it's because they're still older than I am, but that works for me.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Scott must have missed some time dead too. And of course, there's the fact the 05 age a little bit during their time here, so...the real answer is just accept what Marvel says and don't think about it too much, because it's not important. They are all over 18, so what's the difference.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The 05 being here is why I leaned closer toward the 12 years as opposed to the 10-11 that we saw in the Uncanny Annual.

That said, due to the time that Scott spent dead, he might be about 27 to Warren's 28?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey