Page 445 of 626 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 9381
    BANNED

Hickman altered the very history of the XMen. Now Sinister has been revealed to be working with Xavier and Magneto from the beginning, as has mutant Moira. Apocalypse has been given a past with Krakoa. In order to change the conceit and very world of XMen, Hickman is focusing on the older characters in House of X as foundational characters. Certain people, included Jean died and seee brought back so Hickman could explain how dead Mutants returned from the grave. The numbers of Mutants have been depleted and are now being restored only because Disney now as full film rights.

Rosenberg wastes his time with Phoenix Resurrection. Jean could have brought back this way.

For that matter so could Scott and Logan.

Jean is back as green mini dress Marvel Girl so Jeen can be completely ignored.

That doesn’t mean that he ends to keep her that way. Morrison wrote Jean as weak before making her Phoenix again. I think that’s why she’s Marvel Girl and in the green dress again.

This could be deliberate in another way too. The Jean who died last issue could have also been a clone. Perhaps we have not seen the real Jean Grey yet.

BANNED

Hickman altered the very history of the XMen. Now Sinister has been revealed to be working with Xavier and Magneto from the beginning, as has mutant Moira. Apocalypse has been given a past with Krakoa. In order to change the conceit and very world of XMen, Hickman is focusing on the older characters in House of X as foundational characters. Certain people, included Jean died and seee brought back so Hickman could explain how dead Mutants returned from the grave. The numbers of Mutants have been depleted and are now being restored only because Disney now as full film rights.

Rosenberg wastes his time with Phoenix Resurrection. Jean could have brought back this way.

That doesn’t mean that he ends to keep her that way. Morrison wrote Jean as weak before making her Phoenix again. I think that’s why she’s Marvel Girl and in the green dress again.

This could be deliberate in another way too. The Jean who died last issue could have also been a clone. Perhaps we have not seen the real Jean Grey yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

IDA on that. Morrison's Jean was always strong. She oviously got stronger as she transitioned into Phoenix, but she most definitely was not weak prior to that

We have seen the real Jean Grey. This issue made it clear that all the characters are real. Xavier is able to transfer them into new bodies, which isnt something unheard of.

Jean could have been brought back this way but Hickman wasnt ready to write back in late 2017 when Resurrection was greenlit. Im glad Marvel didnt wait bc 2018 was an amazing year for Jean and Im glad we got that instead of Hickman's Jean being the long awaited 15 year return of Jean. Id be more upset now if that were the case

I do think Scott resurrecting here may have been better bc his run under Rosenberg was terrible and did nothing for the character

I'm confident this is the real Jean and the real X-men. Jean acted out of character to us last issue because of how Hickman used her. It made me think of how Marina Sirtis described the character she portrayed on Star Trek (Diana Troi being the "girl" and being all things to the male characters on the show). Jean sometimes is used in a similar fashion, she takes on many roles: sister, den mother, girlfriend, wife, lover, damsel, powerhouse, goddess, pacifist,etc. She did have a Daphne Blake vibe because Hickman needed someone to convey the urgency and gravity of the situation.

Though I still say Jean was likely injured by the explosion, and coupled with feeling all the deaths, and using a lot of power to keep the mind link open and this helps explains her reactions.

I think it is ok to worry, but lets see how Hickman uses her in the future. If he uses Jean this way again then we should all be worried. I'm excited for Jean's role in X-force. I know little of the writer but I hope he writes very strong and powerful women.

Another note, I do not think Storm sounded cultish in this issue. Have some of you not been to any seminar, conference, or church/worhip service?? lol Storm was just getting the crowd worked up in celebration.

I thought Storm sounded like a cult leader as well

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    They kept saying "Jean Grey is Jean Grey is Jean Grey" in the Jean solo and I believe them. Pod Jean is Jean. lol

Anyways, Hickman's Storm and Emma are really good. Why is his Jean a bit off so far?
    I think his approach to Jean out in the field was off. Outside of her scene with Penance, she was what I would expect, but his dialogue made her come across as someone who was insecure. Jean has plenty of mission experience, but she largely came off as someone who didn't. That what the only moment thus far that's felt particularity off, and I'm hoping that was more because of the circumstance, and not how he'll always approach her.

I’m curious to what time is this taking place? This can’t be the current time in 616?
    Also I’m curious about the Phoenix timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I’m curious to what time is this taking place? This can’t be the current time in 616?
    Why not? The implication is that this is the current MU

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Morrison wrote Jean as weak before making her Phoenix again.
    Absolutely not...what is that based on?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    As far as I know this is happening on 616 on the current timeline.
    Moira still has one mysterious life we don't know much about so who knows, things could change drastically

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Absolutely not...what is that based on?
    Nothing that actually happened. From the first conflict with Nova, Jean was an absolute power house.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Jean was leveling up to godhood again for the duration of Morrison's run, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why not? The implication is that this is the current MU
    Why though?

Hickman has been incredibly detailed about giving us everything, from what Chimeras are, how they are created. Mora's timelines. Made a freaking Alphabet and gave it to us. Showed us how the resurrection works, and even went into detail about it.... and yet... there's nothing that says what we are seeing is Moira's last life, or the life from the current MU.

That's why I feel like what we are seeing is almost from an untrustworthy narrator. Basically drowning us with details so we don't pay attention to the smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Why though?

Hickman has been incredibly detailed about giving us everything, from what Chimeras are, how they are created. Mora's timelines. Made a freaking Alphabet and gave it to us. Showed us how the resurrection works, and even went into detail about it.... and yet... there's nothing that says what we are seeing is Moira's last life, or the life from the current MU.

That's why I feel like what we are seeing is almost from an untrustworthy narrator. Basically drowning us with details so we don't pay attention to the smaller ones.
    there's alot of evidence that supports that this is in the MU and not much that contradicts it