Page 238 of 626 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I didn't like Marvelous. I feel like Jean did nothing and was too pasive, the only thing she did there was remembering romantic relationships (like scott or bishop), save some babies and take a shower. After how badass were Jeen and Jean on X-men Red i honestly disliked Marvelous Jean, too boring for my taste.

Sorry if it sounds rude but is the truth, some people are worried for hickman but i feel she was sidelined since this event. surely she will be very important on the omega issue but i still feel this Jean was a downgrade.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Regarding the previous discussion about telepathy, i have always seen it as a skill more than a power. Like in martial arts is not always the biggest opponent the one who wins but the most skilled and experienced. By that logic i don't think it would be imposible for Xavier to mind wipe Jean given that he was her teacher, even if she is way more powerful. It will be extremely difficult though. (this is my headcanon of course)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-18-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Regarding the previous discussion about telepathy, i have always seen it as a skill more than a power. Like in martial arts is not always the biggest opponent the one who wins but the most skilled and experienced. By that logic i don't think it would be imposible for Xavier to mind wipe Jean given that he was her teacher, even if she is way more powerful. It will be extremely difficult though. (this is my headcanon of course)
    TP is a power, not a skill. Anyone can learn to use martial arts. A person cant learn to use TP

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    TP is a power, not a skill. Anyone can learn to use martial arts. A person cant learn to use TP
    You're right, but i still believe skill is somewhat involved. It seems to be a far more complex power than autohealing or shooting lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, you definitely can. See Moondragon. She learned alongside... her mastery of martial arts. It's basically a martial art where raw power can be trumped by skill. Or at least, that's how it should be for better stories.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

You're right, but i still believe skill is somewhat involved. It seems to be a far more complex power than autohealing or shooting lasers.
    It's a power that devellops with training, because if not you just become crazy. And I think you're right about Xavier, he's trained for a longer time than Jean, and even if she's more powerful in raw power Xavier has more tricks, is more manipulative.
    Never forget, Xavier cheats.

I didn't like Marvelous. I feel like Jean did nothing and was too pasive, the only thing she did there was remembering romantic relationships (like scott or bishop), save some babies and take a shower. After how badass were Jeen and Jean on X-men Red i honestly disliked Marvelous Jean, too boring for my taste.

Sorry if it sounds rude but is the truth, some people are worried for hickman but i feel she was sidelined since this event. surely she will be very important on the omega issue but i still feel this Jean was a downgrade.
    Age of Xman isn't really important. On Marvelous it was a character study, there isn't fights or good feats.
    Jean is just behind Nate that is the boss of the event.

I didn't see the character study on Jean or Magneto or Storm but that is just me. I disliked Age of X-man pretty early so i'm biased.
    If you liked it good for you.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-18-2019 at 05:01 PM.

I didn't see the character study on Jean or Magneto or Storm but that is just me. I disliked Age of X-man pretty early so i'm biased.
    Yeah, I agree with you, the only part of AoXM I even liked was Amazing Nightcrawler because I could actually empathize with Celeste, Esme, and Irma and how awful that reality is for them.

But the whole story is just a mess and seems to go around in circles just to keep things going to the bitter end. Marvelous and Extracts could probably have been merged into one series and just have a few panels of each team as the move closer and closer to the end.

I did like the part where Storm and Magneto were up in the sky trying to sort out the strange memories that were haunting them and then suddenly realizing they were being controlled. At least Jean is finally getting a moment of agency in part 5, I hope it leads to something where it feels like all the characters are actually able to fight and defeat Nate. It's hard reading this entire series where no one has agency. I guess that's the point, everyone is trapped so you are supposed to feel all the characters are trapped.

I think poor Lorna almost has it the worst, she has been sitting at a bench having lunch for 4 issues babbling to herself and barely getting to do anything except a couple of panels. You have Magneto and Lorna in the same series and they never even get to talk to each other. You have an entire series where Jean just seems to be passively following the flow until the last issue when she is one of the most powerful telepaths on Earth. At least show a few panels where Nate is struggling to keep Jean under his control, I would have liked the series a bit more if you showed a scene where Jean was looking at a mirror or something and Nate is in his room with a nosebleed trying with all of his might to keep her from breaking his grip. At least then you would know that it's costing Nate to keep Jean under his power and it's putting a massive strain on him to keep that control over her and some of the others.

Marvelous X-men has no plot. I feel as if all the other books do but what is the premise behind Marvelous? Its just there. I almost feel as if we could have had a 4 page side story focusing on a different character in each of the other minis and it would have the same effect

If you liked it good for you.
    Well I'm liking it. The character study is about Nate, he is clearly the protagonist

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The character study is about Nate, he is clearly the protagonist
    He was in deed the focus, but this event also did a lot of damage to his character.
    I wouldn't like any of my favorites on his position.

Edit: I feel like i have already derailed this thread enough, i will stop after this message. Sorry for that.
    If someone liked the event, it is good, i was just explaining my thoughts on it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-18-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Marvelous X-Men was really disappointing.
    The whole event is a mess.

So magneto, Storm, Jubilee, Iceman, rictor, Northstar, Polaris, Bishop, Freaking Glob Herman, freaking Gabby, all see through Nate's brainwashing and illusions.

But their omega level Telepath can't see through it, even when a reality rift is open right in front of her, showing her the real world. Just disappointing. Especially Issue four which was supposed to focus on Jean.

It's like Nadler and Thompson don't know how to build a climax or even tell an interesting story.
    I'd rather reread major X than reread marvelous X-Men
    Issue 3 where magneto and Storm find out that this world is fake should have ended with Jean sensing something like a psi-shockwaves from the amount of energy used?
    Issue four begins the same way at the Xavier parade or whatever. But Instead of wasting Jeans monologue on "oh things are different now", have her talk about how she's felt this world was off for some months now and has been getting flashes of her old life, but was ignoring it. But the psi shockwave woke her up, she doesn't trust Nate but is biding her time. Apocalypse and his idiots attack. Colossus leaves.
    Nature girls meets with Jean to confide that she also senses something off about the world, Jean days they should talk somewhere private. She puts Nature girl in a psychic conference room, then pulls in magneto and Storm and tells them she has something to reveal to them.
    The announcement for the Xmen to assemble goes on in the background, but they can't hear it.
    Issue 5. Flashback shows Nightcrawler, Laura and Nature girl with Psylocke at the murder scene. Nature girl finds out about the Nate/apocalypse deal but doesn't reveal it, until she meets with Jean later.
    Present time. Nightcrawler, Laura and Nate grey ate sitting waiting for the others to answer the call. Nightcrawler mentions that Colossus Is missing, Laura mentions how Moneta smelled of him, Nate says he can't dem sense Jean and the others like she's blocking him. Something he says makes Laura start getting flashes of her memories and then she remembers that he mind wiped her.
    Back to Jean, Magneto, Storm and nature girl. They're discussing what to do about the Nate grey situation, when Jean gets hears a psychic cry from Laura and thinks she's in danger.
    Back with Laura, she's almost gone wild, accusing Nate and trying to get at him while Kurt tries to reason with her and keep her from Nate. Nate, tired from closing breaches, tries to wipe her mind again but is blasted by Jean. Magneto and Storm blasts him back, Kurt asks what the hell is going on, Jean fills him in telepathically, Nature girl blasts him with... Stuff. Then he freezes all of them with tk, says he's the world as his powers begin to fail him and reality stats cracking and falling apart around them.

BANNED

Jean is literally the most indoctrinated person in AoXM after Moneta, as shown in Marvelous #4. She never stood a chance. The only characters with development on the book are Nate, Magneto and Colossus. They sure did throw Storm a bone and made Antlers omniscient through sentient bacteria, but those three dudes are the ones that somewhat had an arc.

Do you guys think the reason Jean is one of the most indoctrinated member is because of her relation with Nate and that she believes he wouldn't lie to her?
    First X-Lady