Page 246 of 626 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    If Jean went Lesbian, who would be her girlfriend??
    Betsy or Storm. Probably Betsey because they were never close friends

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Betsy or Storm. Probably Betsey because they were never close friends
    Poor Warren and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Storm, Emma or both
    I was afraid to answer the question for fear of being executed. Haha, I am definitely a Jean and Emma shipper all the way. But, Jean and Storm are a close second for me.

My favorite Jean and Emma story (even though the author uses blonde and redhead way too much). "Underneath It All" - https://archiveofourown.org/works/26...hapters/417741

I like this promo, it puts Jean in a much better uniform (goddess I hate the mini skirt outfit):

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1143164374393266176

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like this promo, it puts Jean in a much better uniform (goddess I hate the mini skirt outfit):

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1143164374393266176

Unfortunately I doubt it means anything. Seems like just all the different eras being represented by each of the O5.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Unfortunately I doubt it means anything. Seems like just all the different eras being represented by each of the O5.
    I just have a problem, I don't like both the mini-skirt and the shoulderpads costumes! For me, these are the symbols of a weaker Jean, the young one who was inexperimented and the one who inexplicably needed body armor to feel protected.
    She just needs a new costume.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The irony of your statement regarding her 90's costume (it's just shoulder pads, which aren't "body armor" by any stretch of the imagination) is that that's the era when she was actually the most powerful and dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I just have a problem, I don't like both the mini-skirt and the shoulderpads costumes! For me, these are the symbols of a weaker Jean, the young one who was inexperimented and the one who inexplicably needed body armor to feel protected.
    She just needs a new costume.
    I'll give you that she could do with a new costume. I just prefer the X-Factor, 90s X-costume over the mini skirt. Jean is a woman, not a girl. Even Emma Frost wears pants these days, I want Jean to look strong in the comics because she is strong. She is the most powerful psionic on Earth and she should come across as exactly that. If they are going to put Jean in the mini skirt then they better portray her as being so powerful that even X/Xavier sees her that way. Jean Grey is no one's passive victim. I hate AoXM because she has no agency in that series at all, until maybe the very end of the series. It should give Nate Grey headaches and nosebleeds to try and keep Jean under his control, the strain on him should be immense, like he is fighting an almost insurmountable wall. Jean should not be easily contained by anyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Sophie was a terrible choice for Jean. She really deserved a better actor, now her chances on the MCU are slim at best.
    Jean is one of the most well known X-Men. Of course she´ll be in MCU. It wasn´t the failure of Sophie. It was the failure of Fox and of Singer who did the original casting. I think Dark Phoenix would have been received better if Singer were still on the film, but he got fired from everything because of all the rapes. Then of course the Disney merger happened.

On a budget of 200 million, the XMen has already made 233 million. After the box office is over, it will still make money from VOD, Cable, being shown on airlines, etc. Fox X-Men movies make money, even though they do get critically panned.

I think the only issue that I´d say with Sophie´s casting if she isn´t a big enough star to carry a movie. But I never heard of Brie Larson before Captain Marvel, and that movie did very well at the box office.

BANNED

I'll give you that she could do with a new costume. I just prefer the X-Factor, 90s X-costume over the mini skirt. Jean is a woman, not a girl. Even Emma Frost wears pants these days, I want Jean to look strong in the comics because she is strong. She is the most powerful psionic on Earth and she should come across as exactly that. If they are going to put Jean in the mini skirt then they better portray her as being so powerful that even X/Xavier sees her that way. Jean Grey is no one's passive victim. I hate AoXM because she has no agency in that series at all, until maybe the very end of the series. It should give Nate Grey headaches and nosebleeds to try and keep Jean under his control, the strain on him should be immense, like he is fighting an almost insurmountable wall. Jean should not be easily contained by anyone.
    Which is why I say put her back in the Phoenix costume or make a new Phoenix costume. Jean´s portrayal is not the only reason AoXM sucks. It´s just a repeat of the Age of Apocalypse story. But I see why they used this opportunity to reintroduce a lot of mutants, such as the Upstarts, Kwannon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The irony of your statement regarding her 90's costume (it's just shoulder pads, which aren't "body armor" by any stretch of the imagination) is that that's the era when she was actually the most powerful and dynamic.
    Yeah, the poster must be confusing 90s Jeans from the comics with 90s Jean from TAS. She was weak in one version but definitely not in the other

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No, that would be now, and before that it would be the New X-Men era. If anything they should have chosen 90s Beast and New X-Men era Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean is one of the most well known X-Men. Of course she´ll be in MCU. It wasn´t the failure of Sophie. It was the failure of Fox and of Singer who did the original casting. I think Dark Phoenix would have been received better if Singer were still on the film, but he got fired from everything because of all the rapes. Then of course the Disney merger happened.

On a budget of 200 million, the XMen has already made 233 million. After the box office is over, it will still make money from VOD, Cable, being shown on airlines, etc. Fox X-Men movies make money, even though they do get critically panned.

I think the only issue that I´d say with Sophie´s casting if she isn´t a big enough star to carry a movie. But I never heard of Brie Larson before Captain Marvel, and that movie did very well at the box office.
    I don't find Sophie to be a good actor actually. Even though the original 3 series weren't the best, Famke Janssen was a better actress. I hope Marvel puts some effort into choosing Scott and Jean for the movies and picks some people who can make being X-Men feel believable.

BANNED

I don't find Sophie to be a good actor actually. Even though the original 3 series weren't the best, Famke Janssen was a better actress. I hope Marvel puts some effort into choosing Scott and Jean for the movies and picks some people who can make being X-Men feel believable.
    Obviously Marvel will. They got named actors for all of their important characters. Fox XMen are now FINISHED. Dead. Over. Next!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sophie had more focus than Famke. I can understand why some people would like her more, she did a bit more but i liked Famke better. She looked closer to how i picture Jean in my mind.
    Also, I always saw Sophie as a teen Jean, Famke was an adult woman and that's how I usually imagine Jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-24-2019 at 11:51 AM.