Page 454 of 626 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean's speech in HOX5 after being reborn does add to this theory of edited memories.
    No it doesn't. If anything, this would mean that Xavier set Jean back to X-Factor (around Inferno), where she would still be far too aggressive and in command than she has been in House of X.

Jean's statement to Storm is a direct quote to the first time Jean and Storm interacted after Phoenix replaced her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Jean's speech in HOX5 after being reborn does add to this theory of edited memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No it doesn't. If anything, this would mean that Xavier set Jean back to X-Factor (around Inferno), where she would still be far too aggressive and in command than she has been in House of X.

Jean's statement to Storm is a direct quote to the first time Jean and Storm interacted after Phoenix replaced her.
    Either of you believe that the pod Jean is really Jeen?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Either of you believe that the pod Jean is really Jeen?
    Unfortunately? Yes. Someone mentioned that every character is acting like a version of themselves in HoX that hasn't exactly been seen in a while, which largely means that Hickman's interpretations of the characters are frankly retrograde - and that vibes with how he writes Jean Grey.

I'll be happy if, somehow, I'm proven wrong in the next three issues though.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

She's nothing like she was in X-Factor though. I dont think that quote was meant to hint that she is. The costume and persona thus far evoke her earlier years alot more than that one line. It was simply a call back to Jean and Storm's relationship, not Jean's time in X-Factor

Jean reborn with edited memories or this is a pre Phoenix Jean. Where there wasn’t Maddy, young Jean etc running around so Jean’s line could mean she doesn’t know of them. Is this Jean’s first time being reborn from this process?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's nothing like she was in X-Factor though. I dont think that quote was meant to hint that she is. The costume and persona thus far evoke her earlier years alot more than that one line. It was simply a call back to Jean and Storm's relationship, not Jean's time in X-Factor
    But she remembers. That's the entire point of the scene. Scott, Jean, and Monet all remember specific moments that they had with Storm and as a result they were the ones referenced here to "prove" that these are the real X-Men.

But she remembers. That's the entire point of the scene. Scott, Jean, and Monet all remember specific moments that they had with Storm and as a result they were the ones referenced here to "prove" that these are the real X-Men.
    yea I get that. She has all of Jean's memories, so she should

Oh! I think I misunderstood you. We were trying to make the same point. She acts and looks like a younger character, but the memories would normally imply she's from the Inferno era. So it isn't strictly the memory thing.

BANNED

But, is she adult Jean or Teen Jean?

Oh! I think I misunderstood you. We were trying to make the same point. She acts and looks like a younger character, but the memories would normally imply she's from the Inferno era. So it isn't strictly the memory thing.
    Oh I think this is Jean plucked from when we last saw her in Uncanny X-men 22, but she's been indoctrinated into Krakoa. She as all her memories but has mentally been reset to where she was at in the O5 days. I dont beleive she has complete agency bc she does appear to have been mentally influenced

she's an adult
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-23-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Both. They're the same person, and adult Jean has all of teen Jean's memories.

In fact, I'd say the fact she recently reawakened the time displaced Jean's memories may have inspired her decision to take back the Marvel Girl codename. With Rachel having renamed herself Prestige, the name was vacated when her younger self went home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Last edited by Havok83; 09-23-2019 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

Oh I think this is Jean plucked from when we last saw her in Uncanny X-men 22, but she's been indoctrinated into Krakoa. She as all her memories but has mentally been reset to where she was at in the O5 days. I dont beleive she has complete agency bc she does appear to have been mentally influenced

she's an adult
    Clearly she has been mentally reset. I think her memories have been edited as well. The same is true of certain other characters.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

What happens when Jean uses Cerebro.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Here's your homework.

EFMshIIXkAACJis.jpg
    "Cable was right!"