Page 599 of 626 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    a scene that Dauterman beautifully recreated

Jean is so nonchalant, whereas Emma is absolutely horrified
    It's so funny how Dauterman made a cover of Jean beating a terrified Emma, then one of Storm doing the same, and then he's also drawing a story about Jean, Emma and Storm lol.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Could this be Jean?
    https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...77096702078976
    ELYYmTiXkAMWAbG.jpg

I'm not sayin she is though, just speculating
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-09-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I need Sage to stop switching items from Jubilee's closet its outputting I'll admit it I liked this more:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I've always enjoyed Jean and Hank's friendship, so I like seeing them work together. Though apparently they'll being having disagreements as the series continues, but that'll be interesting to see as well.
    I love when writers remember their relationship it's such an honest, and casual friendship, I adore how comfortable they are!

After reading Percy's interview I like his take on Jean, her compassion tempered by her experiences, I feel like that could be good for her. Can't wait to see what he does with this X-men CIA concept!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-09-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Found it!

Thanks!!!!

"upset" you mean you helped Mastermind brainwash and abuse Jean.
    "upset" seems like a minor thing

Great picture. And Emma's reaction...perfect.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I remember seeing a scan of the DPS page in question, with Emma's thoughts following Captain Kirk's speech pattern from The Original Series as she desperately times her counterattack with one last Psi-spear.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

My knowledge on Jean isn’t the best and I’m curious for some perspective. I’ve seen people expressing that they feel that Hickman has regressed Jean or otherwise being discontent with how she’s written.

Do y’all agree with those sentiments? Why or why not?

Jean says, "Don't mess with me, White Queen!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    My knowledge on Jean isn’t the best and I’m curious for some perspective. I’ve seen people expressing that they feel that Hickman has regressed Jean or otherwise being discontent with how she’s written.

Thats the overall sentiment in this thread. Hickman just doesnt know how to write her. Those same complaints arent made by Percy over in X-Force

I agree. Hickman completely regressed Jean, she was talking on ONU, have a active instance on mutant nation and being a leader.
    i really don't think he cares about her, h eonly cares about his favorites

I'm still willing to give Hickman another chance with the Giant-Size issue... But yeah. This is mainly about how she was portrayed on HOX #4, the orchis mission. She behaves like a scared rookie, doesn't even try to defend herself or her friends, and Monet has to give her pep talks. It was ridiculous.

Most also dislike the Marvel Girl costume and codename.

BANNED

Everyone loves the Marvel Girl costume. Bye.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I completely disagree with those sentiments.
    Reason being, the gravity of the story told in HoX 04 called for a more "overwhelmed by the circumstances" Jean (a strong character can be overwhelmed under intense pressure).
    Could he have shown Jean putting up more of a fight against the incoming Orchis bots? I suppose...but she would have to end up dying anyway to serve the following story beat of her and the others' resurrections on Krakoa.
    Besides...she pulled a psi-feat for the ages...linking her mind (and her experiencing Scott's death) with Xavier's and the Cuckoos from the Sun's Orbit all the way back to Earth/Krakoa. That was awesome!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!