Page 489 of 626 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Could you guys/girls (if you have twitter) ask Hickman about the Marvel Girl costume?
    Wow .......I Just hope that Jean gets a new costume that you all like, I have no problem with the mg costume but I really wish people would stop obsessing over it, sooooo may marvel get rid of it as soon as possible, now .....what to do about the lame writing and retrograde characterization? Sadly playing dress up wont improve anithing on that front
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Wow .......I Just hope that Jean gets a new costume that you all like, I have no problem with the mg costume but I really wish people would stop obsessing over it, sooooo may marvel get rid of it as soon as possible, now .....what to do about the lame writing and retrograde characterization? Sadly playing dress up wont improve anithing on that front
    We havent really gotten a whole lot of Jean outside of a ton of images and covers with her in the MG costume so of course there's been alot of talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We havent really gotten a whole lot of Jean outside of a ton of images and covers with her in the MG costume so of course there's been alot of talk about it
    I know, you are right, and the little bits we got were lame and boring, that's why I cant really care about a stupid costume, feels like worring about dusting the living room while the house is on fire.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

I completely agree with this. Sadly many fans care more about visuals and power levels instead of characterization and good writing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There are tons of things I have complained about Hickman outside the costume but after seeing that the man could give great portrayals to minor characters like Doug, Forge or even do great with Wolverine without even trying, I just lost all hope in that he cares about Jean at all.
    The costume on the other side is the only thing we see about Jean these days and it is horrible.

Maybe I'm just being a bit pessimist and bitter these days. In that case I apologize.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.

There are tons of things I have complained about Hickman outside the costume but after seeing that the man could give great portrayals to minor characters like Doug, Forge or even do great with Wolverine without even trying, I just lost all hope in that he cares about Jean at all.
    The costume on the other side is the only thing we see about Jean these days and it is horrible
    I just read some storm lines form x-men 1 preview and let me tell you that stuff was "chilling", at this point I would just prefere he does not touch Jean at all

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    I completely agree with this. Sadly many fans care more about visuals and power levels instead of characterization and good writing.
    You are assuming that thousands of fans are upset over the so-called "lame writing and retrograde characterization".
    I'm love the MG costume. I also love the writing and characterization...I don't think it's lame or retrograde...and, as with all things outside of CBR, I'm not the only one.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You are assuming that thousands of fans are upset over the so-called "lame writing and retrograde characterization".
    I'm love the MG costume. I also love the writing and characterization...I don't think it's lame or retrograde...and, as with all things outside of CBR, I'm not the only one.
    Good for you, hope you are having the time of your life with this run, I dont need thousand of people to agree with me, I just want to express my pov like everyone else

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean showing concern for the scientists and establishing the "Don't kill humans" rule, isn't retrograde IMO. Those are kind of staples of Jean's character. Hickman's Jean may not be everything people want, but I wouldn't say all of the characteristics are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean showing concern for the scientists and establishing the "Don't kill humans" rule, isn't retrograde IMO. Those are kind of staples of Jean's character. Hickman's Jean may not be everything people want, but I wouldn't say all of the characteristics are off.
    that was nice but having her sitting at table with sinister and apocalypse made that scene so unbelivable

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

that was nice but having her sitting at table with sinister and apocalypse made that scene so unbelivable
    I understand. I hope that eventually we'll get to see someone bring that point up.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Such a watered down recap, do you guys think this is a good rapresentation of how things actually happened?

The costume on the other side is the only thing we see about Jean these days and it is horrible.

Maybe I'm just being a bit pessimist and bitter these days. In that case I apologize.
    Many people here complained about characterization, I complained a lot. Yeah, Hickman could serve very well minor characters but Jean doesn't has a good moment on the minis, but has some really bad ones.
    Hickman only ever talked about Jean on: showing her legs and that tweet that he deleted about Emma sleeping with Jean
    yeah I don't think he cares at all

the costume is the top of the cake of awfulness

Such a watered down recap, do you guys think this is a good rapresentation of how things actually happened?
    it is too condensed on a page. But the art is pretty good!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Where is this from?