Page 239 of 626 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Do you guys think the reason Jean is one of the most indoctrinated member is because of her relation with Nate and that she believes he wouldn't lie to her?
    I don't think Nate is a bad guy but he does have a lot of mommy issues so who knows. Maybe it is that, maybe he just thinks she is the biggest threat

I think it has more to do with the fact that she is the one that nearly defeated Nate in Disassembled so she needed to be handled

Even with all the attention Nate gave to Jean follow his rules, she broke it with Bishop. She aclearly didn't believe that a life without love was good. Then she got mindwiped again

Jean is the second most powerful telepath in Age of X-Man, second only to Nate himself.

It is natural that he wants to have her extravigilated.

Been a while since I last posted but wanted to comment on Jean’s position in Marvelous since it seems to be a pretty popular topic on here atm.

I agree with others who think she’s been written too demurely and passively. I honestly thought when she discovered the ruptures in Nate’s reality, a psychic “sixth sense” would’ve kicked in or something. Being one of Earth-616’s foremost telepaths, I figured witnessing these psychic ruptures would’ve triggered a remembrance of her life before Nate screwed with the timeline. But yeah, I feel like witnessing those psychic ruptures should’ve acted as a catalyst in helping Jean remember the events of Disassembled, I think that would’ve been a pretty cool direction to take things in.

It’s just pretty crappy to see how poorly she’s been written and utilised in Marvelous.. Like, compare Marvelous Jean to Red Jean, it’s like 2 different people. Hopefully Hickman, in House of X, continues Jean’s development in a fashion more akin to Taylor’s Jean in Red. I want to see confident Jean, not wallpaper Jean, like she’s been written in Marvelous. I wanna see her hold her own as a leading figure alongside Xavier, Magneto, Cyke & Wolverine. I have a lot of faith in Hickman that he will write Jean in a way that as fans, will make us very happy and will really cause us to be very invested in this new era of X-History.

I am so over Age of X-man. It has been an ok event at best. At worst it has been pretty bad and unsuccessful in what I think it was going for. A story like this should spark our imagination, make us think harder about the elements and themes presented in the book and it should have us debating and discussing what it all means. Instead I think most of us have been rather let down and bored. There were so many good ideas in this event, but it just fell flat and hollow. It is hard to have much interest or empathy for Nate Grey which might be part of the problem.

Jean felt like wallpaper in this event which was unfortunate. It makes me miss X-men Red Jean and she was a little too passive for me there. I am so ready for Hickman's X-men. If it doesn't make me fall back in love with the books I will probably stop collecting/reading for a while. It has been hard to get through Disassembled, Age of X-man, and the current Uncanny run.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am so over Age of X-man. It has been an ok event at best. At worst it has been pretty bad and unsuccessful in what I think it was going for. A story like this should spark our imagination, make us think harder about the elements and themes presented in the book and it should have us debating and discussing what it all means. Instead I think most of us have been rather let down and bored. There were so many good ideas in this event, but it just fell flat and hollow. It is hard to have much interest or empathy for Nate Grey which might be part of the problem.

Jean felt like wallpaper in this event which was unfortunate. It makes me miss X-men Red Jean and she was a little too passive for me there. I am so ready for Hickman's X-men. If it doesn't make me fall back in love with the books I will probably stop collecting/reading for a while. It has been hard to get through Disassembled, Age of X-man, and the current Uncanny run.
    Blech, the Age of X-Man is a waste. The only thing that caught my interest was Glob and Nature Girl. Just curious how this will all tie-in (and end, good riddance!) in the Omega issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Do you guys think the reason Jean is one of the most indoctrinated member is because of her relation with Nate and that she believes he wouldn't lie to her?
    To be fair, she's theoretically the first transgressor of the team, so maybe Nate was just more thorough after he beat her with the mindwipe hammer. She's too powerful for him to deal with in his currently fragile state

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    To be fair, she's theoretically the first transgressor of the team, so maybe Nate was just more thorough after he beat her with the mindwipe hammer. She's too powerful for him to deal with in his currently fragile state
    He probably just has an oedipus complex.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

In case anyone didn't see it elsewhere on the forum, another House of X #1 cover variant was revealed.

Age of X-man was such a bad event. The only good thing is that it is finally over.
    Corny, boring, predictable and unearned. It only reduced Jean.
    Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Age of X-man was such a bad event. The only good thing is that it is finally over.
    Corny, boring, predictable and unearned. It only reduced Jean.
    Good riddance!
    Jean was horny in this event, let her do it in peace

???
    That doesn't change the fact that the whole event was stupid and a shame to marvels eyes.Such a waste.
    (lovely those double standards of yours by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    ???
    That doesn't change the fact that the whole event was stupid and a shame to marvels eyes.Such a waste.
    (lovely those double standards of yours by the way)
    what double standarts. i'm kidding... but it is kinda of funny see Jean being more active on her love life