Page 518 of 626 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Teen Jean proved to Marvel that everyone saying that there was worth in Jean Grey as a character wasn't lying. She held not one, but two team books on her own, had a successful solo run, and yeah. She's the entire reason that adult Jean came back.

Now, in-story there hasn't been much done with teen Jean and the consequences from her on adult Jean yet. That'll change - eventually. As soon as there's a writer that wants to do something with that, whether that's the pink form, Jean using telekinetic weapons, or referencing interactions with other characters.
    Yeah, it'd be nice to see both Jean and Scott interact with Miles Morales. Jean knows his secret identity, having met him when the All-New X-Men team (minus Scott, who'd gone off to space in his own solo book) visited the Ultimate Universe. That also means she'd be able to help Miles with these headaches he's been having, which are triggered by suppressed memories of Earth-1610 (Ultimate Green Goblin just returned, and it hurts when Miles tries to think about where he recognises him from). Scott, of course, knows Miles from the Champions. Miles wasn't there when he reunited with Kamala in Zub's Champions #5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly I don't think Marvel is going to remember the time displaced O5, on a few years I don't think anybody will remember.
    It is a shame because it was a cool concept
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-18-2019 at 07:55 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'd rather they gave each character their own twist to duplicate powers. Ok sure, give Jean TK and TP, but she should be an atom bomb so that she has to be careful when using her powers so as not to scatter everyone's atoms. Make Betsy low-level TK in terms of not being able to throw heavy stuff and zip through the air, but let her "focus the totality" of her power into weapons. Have Quire need to focus to use his powers in ways besides his guns.

Keeps things interesting and keeps everyone iconic. We don't need Jean making butterfly siggys or katana or whatever. It'd be like giving Jubilee the ability to charge up things like Gambit.
    This is more or less how they do it. Look at Jeen, X-Men Red, Jean, or Phoenix. Very high range telepath/telekinetic, can do whatever she wants. Psylocke, telekinetic at the level of Prue Halliwell or Macy Vaughn from Charmed. She cannot lift buildings or fly like Jean can, but could throw a body. Often focuses her powers into her psychic weapons. Monet is also a telepath/telekinetic who flies. But she often uses her superstrength and is a physical brawler. Her body is in peak physical condition with a healing factor.

I like Jean being able to form psychic constructs in general, not just weapons. It shows skill being able to generate and condense energy into a solid form. In the early Gold Team ear she started doing so. The huge miles-long retractable TK cable she generated to attach and pull the X-Jet to Asteroid M, and a TK grappling hook she used to swing herself and Cyclops, Spider-man style.

But what I really liked was the TK armor she had at the end of the teen Jean solo. Defense suits Jean just as well as offense, and on the Astral plane she is adept at protecting herself with psychic armor...she should do so on the physical plane as well. And it's a bit more interesting than a generic amorphous TK aura.

As for weapons, I think the hammer suited her fiery temper. Sometimes Jean likes to smash things

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Teen Jean proved to Marvel that everyone saying that there was worth in Jean Grey as a character wasn't lying. She held not one, but two team books on her own, had a successful solo run, and yeah. She's the entire reason that adult Jean came back.

Now, in-story there hasn't been much done with teen Jean and the consequences from her on adult Jean yet. That'll change - eventually. As soon as there's a writer that wants to do something with that, whether that's the pink form, Jean using telekinetic weapons, or referencing interactions with other characters.
    But Jean didn't needed anything to proof. She was always important for the franchise, until Marvel decided that she wouldn't be the face of x-men anymore.

I'm pretty sure teen jean is not the reason adult is back, Jeen was allowed because they didn't wanted the adult for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The grudges against characters are not just a forum thing and she in particular has MASSIVE haters. And don't you dare intimate the idea of her getting uppity and doing something besides setting dishes; there is usually hell to pay. So she's dead often.
    The hate for Jean is strong and it still screw the character till this day. She is hardly a writer's favorite and fandom is really happy with her being putting down by Hickman.
    Joe quesada lost his job post to Feige that is the new Chief Creative Office.
    Axel alonso was fired.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-18-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Never cared for Monet’s ridiculous power set. If I were writing her I would limit her powers to super strength, flight, and low level telepathy. She should be good at all things but not necessarily the best in that specific power level. She shouldn’t have tk imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Never cared for Monet’s ridiculous power set. If I were writing her I would limit her powers to super strength, flight, and low level telepathy. She should be good at all things but not necessarily the best in that specific power level. She shouldn’t have tk imo.
    wrong topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It flat out killed Jean and rampaged through the forrest, nearly killing the other former hosts that tried to protect her. I didnt like how Hopeless portrayed it either but then again I hated his Jeans
    it was pretty bad for both. I even think he likes the teen, but he doesn't like the adult. She was a punch bag the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Clairemont wanted her dead because he wanted death to have consequence, and never intended to bring anyone back once they died. He also had a long term plan to have older X-Men retire, and newer ones take over that also got vetoed.

The story as it has been explained to me is that there was a lot of ambiguity with the former Comics Code, and where Jean stood regarding the D'Bari. Hence the retcon to absolve her of that to get around the Code.

The death in Morrison's run was supposed to be a lead-in to Jean coming back stronger than before, with her finishing her arc of overcoming her fear of being Phoenix and fully rising to full power. But then we get the weird story of where Grant Morrison's problems end and where Joe Quesada's start. Quesada was IMHO the one to keep her dead out of desire to constantly change the Marvel status quo.
    Never saw Morrison worried about Jean. On the two interviews he gave after he got out of x-men, he talked about Emma and Scott on the school, about Scott characterization, Nothing about Jean.
    For his story work, Jean would have to be dead for 150 years.
    And it was hard to ignore a massive changing run like this
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-18-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It flat out killed Jean and rampaged through the forrest, nearly killing the other former hosts that tried to protect her. I didnt like how Hopeless portrayed it either but then again I hated his Jeans
    I wasn't a fan of his adult Jean and sometimes his teen Jean felt weird but he did her so good on Season one. He is not super good but not super bad.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Jean as drawn by Javier Rodriguez in History of the Marvel Universe #4:

I'd update the look by losing the head gear and making the gloves all gold.

Last edited by 5cents; 10-19-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I'd update the look by losing the head gear and making the gloves all gold.

I just dislike the kneepads,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Claremont didn't want her dead to begin with. Shooter swooped in and made them kill her. It was after the story was done that Claremont felt the death should be honored and left alone, and Shooter reversed himself as well and brought her back.

I have yet to see a legitimate source claiming Morrison planned to resurrect Jean, but as his run was truncated by editorial conflict I have no problem believing that. I'd still like to see a source though. Otherwise it's fanon like "Quesada mandated she die" which has no basis in fact as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just dislike the kneepads,
    Hickman's Jean is going to tripping over rocks a lot in battle so she needs it
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Claremont didn't want her dead to begin with. Shooter swooped in and made them kill her. It was after the story was done that Claremont felt the death should be honored and left alone, and Shooter reversed himself as well and brought her back.

I have yet to see a legitimate source claiming Morrison planned to resurrect Jean, but as his run was truncated by editorial conflict I have no problem believing that. I'd still like to see a source though. Otherwise it's fanon like "Quesada mandated she die" which has no basis in fact as far as I can tell.
    Quesada definitely had a problem with marriage, which doesn't help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Quesada definitely had a problem with marriage, which doesn't help.
    Again, that's not a source, but we've had that conversation. There's no evidence he OMD'd Jean and Scott AFAIK.