Page 286 of 626 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 9381
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was beginning to wonder if I had slipped into some bizarro world.

I definitely do not think we need to cower to the shipper fans who are trying to control how we talk about our fav character, Jean Grey. I see another thread was created to attempt such thing, but I am going to continue to discuss Jean Grey here and her many relationships which include Xavier, Scott, Emma, and others. I will not be deterred until a moderator tells me otherwise.

We should not be afraid of discussion but should embrace it. Jean doesn't shut down dialogue (I was just reading her press conference in New X-men).
    Exactly! For someone as empathic as Jean, not being able to discuss her relationships with other characters calmly would be a shame.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

God, I loved the little glimpses into Jean and Hope's relationship. It was barely touched on but it was do promising.

The Exterminated was GREAT too, in general.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was beginning to wonder if I had slipped into some bizarro world.

I definitely do not think we need to cower to the shipper fans who are trying to control how we talk about our fav character, Jean Grey. I see another thread was created to attempt such thing, but I am going to continue to discuss Jean Grey here and her many relationships which include Xavier, Scott, Emma, and others. I will not be deterred until a moderator tells me otherwise.

We should not be afraid of discussion but should embrace it. Jean doesn't shut down dialogue (I was just reading her press conference in New X-men).
    You have every right to discuss Jean and who Jean has relationships with, be they romantic or professional. Just because three posters don't like it (even though they keep bringing it up), doesn't mean you should be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

lol
    Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where is this from?
    X-men: the exterminated

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's because Jean with Phoenix literally ends every story before it starts. Emma is weaker than Jean as Phoenix. So are all but 15 other beings in the 616, all of which are gods or close to them. Jean curb stomps every single other hero and villain combined, outside reality warpers like Franklin or Jim Jaspers.

But no, by all means, take a post meant to share some camaraderie and use it to slam another character pointlessly.
    The only reason Jean as Phoenix ended the first time is because Bryce hated her as a powerful female character and there is a lot of misogyny in comics. As for the Fox film, rapist and pedophile Bryan Singer depowered and marginalized all the female XMen. Thank god the Fox universe is dead.

Back to Phoenix/Jean there is no reason why she cannot be given gods, powerful sorcerers, and other A list threats like Thor and Strange.

For that matter look at Avengers females these days. Captain Marvel and Photon literally hold back most of the time. The Scarlet Witch could remake reality if she wanted to again.

Even in the XMen, if Magík really let loose there’s no stopping her unless Phoenix or one of the A list Avengers step in.

As for Jean and Emma, Phoenix being more powerful than Emma dies not make her a better character necessarily. They are two different characters with two very different functions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    “Emma knows Jean is a FORCE OF NATURE Jean knows Emma is powerful.”

Fixed that for you since we all know who the real powerhouse is. BTW- no one challenges Jean with her (as originally intended) Phoenix mutation. Cuz that’s what it is. Retcons be damned. Emma only held a fifth of that power and suffered no trauma other than being the usual b!tch that she is.
    True and the Phoenix itself said Jean Grey as Phoenix is unparalleled. She’s the prime host. The others were never able to really do anything with the Phoenix power except maybe Rachel. While Jean saved the universe on multiple occasions.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    God, I loved the little glimpses into Jean and Hope's relationship. It was barely touched on but it was do promising.

The Exterminated was GREAT too, in general.
    I loved it too. It was all about her relationship with Cable but also gave her time to bond with Hope.
    It was so cute!
    rtjrygj.jpg
    cutehope.jpg
    I think this was Cable's weird little hat and she cries when she sees it.
    everybody forgets but Jean took care of Cable since he was a little baby and through his childhood.
    reg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I loved it too. It was all about her relationship with Cable but also gave her time to bond with Hope.
    It was so cute!
    rtjrygj.jpg
    cutehope.jpg
    everybody forgets but Jean took care of Cable since he was a little baby and through his childhood.
    reg.jpg
    It really bummed me out that we got this lovely one-shot and then Hope in Uncanny... oof.

I love Mom Jean!

It was so cute!
    rtjrygj.jpg
    cutehope.jpg
    reg.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It really bummed me out that we got this lovely one-shot and then Hope in Uncanny... oof.

I love Mom Jean!
    Agreed! Jean Grey acting as a mother figure is a beautiful thing. As much as I despise Hope Summers, this was still a sweet moment. I hope we get to see more like them. It depends on what Hickman has planned for her. She clearly has a prominent role, according to the preview art. Maybe there will be other X-Books that allow her to focus on other roles.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Still want a Jean mini where she teams up with different versions of herself

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Awesome. It makes me think about how Jeen was almost a different character than Jean, with a different story. Even though they are the same person.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-15-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Awesome. It makes me think about how Jeen was almost a different character than Jean, with a different story. Even though they are the same person.
    They were. Extermination retconned or rather confirmed things, but they were treated as different characters before that. The moment she decided to stay in present day was the moment she became a different Jean to me, one whom never went back in the pat to live her original life. Obviously thats no longer the case