Page 301 of 626 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm going to miss her X-men Red costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I have seen that in the tv shows and movies, redheads are replaced by African Americans: Iris and Wally West, Jimmy Olsen, Starfire and now Ariel ... do you think that Jean can be the next victim?

Now I'm as puzzled as anyone as to why a rapper would want to name herself after the whitest superhero of all time, but it goes to show you the scope of Jean's appeal.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post

Now I'm as puzzled as anyone as to why a rapper would want to name herself after the whitest superhero of all time, but it goes to show you the scope of Jean's appeal.
    She named herself after Jean!?
    Thats amazing, I thought it was just a coincidence.

Not sure how Jean became the whitest superhero of all time (Batman says hi) or how Jean Grae being a rapper means she's somehow disqualified from liking her.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

It was an odd statement, but you have to agree Jean doesn't exactly seem like a rap fan lol

I'm glad I heard about this lady! I feel like ive heard a lot of Jean grey references in rap...

For those that clearly don’t know... Jean Grae is an underground NYC rapper. Growing up she was a fan of the X-Men animated series but her favorite has always been Jean Grey. I remember reading many years ago an article about her where she says that Jean stood out to her the most because she is a survivor amongst other things and she can identify to that. And what exactly does a “rap fan” loook like?!?!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Because a ficitonal character doesn't have to look like you to appeal to you.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    And what exactly does a “rap fan” loook like?!?!
    I for one said seem like not look like. I just dont think Jean Grey sounds like she would listen to rap. Although it's a pretty diverse genre.... "Selah" by Lauryn Hill springs to mind for her perhaps.

What rap song do you think Jean Grey would listen to?

Btw. I'm surprised to see people jumping the rap comment when someone on this very page has referred to characters who are turned Black as "victims" of it. That was extremely uncool to say

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Because a ficitonal character doesn't have to look like you to appeal to you.
    Exactly. Im sure most posters here that love Jean dont look anything like her nor have a similar life experience. I know I dont, yet she's my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I for one said seem like not look like. I just dont think Jean Grey sounds like she would listen to rap. Although it's a pretty diverse genre.... "Selah" by Lauryn Hill springs to mind for her perhaps.

What rap song do you think Jean Grey would listen to?

Btw. I'm surprised to see people jumping the rap comment when someone on this very page has referred to characters who are turned Black as "victims" of it. That was extremely uncool to say
    Jean probably likes Lauren Hill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm going to miss her X-men Red costume
    I am too, but I also have a soft spot for her Marvel Girl costume. I think that works just as well for her. I'm also hoping to see that costume among cos-players when I head to New York Comic Con later this year.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    For those that clearly don’t know... Jean Grae is an underground NYC rapper. Growing up she was a fan of the X-Men animated series but her favorite has always been Jean Grey. I remember reading many years ago an article about her where she says that Jean stood out to her the most because she is a survivor amongst other things and she can identify to that. And what exactly does a “rap fan” loook like?!?!
    Truth and Substance!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean probably likes Lauren Hill
    Jean strikes me as more of a R&B/soul/adult contemporary fan than a rap/hip-hop/EDM fan.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Jean loves listening to Frank Ocean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Not sure how Jean became the whitest superhero of all time (Batman says hi) or how Jean Grae being a rapper means she's somehow disqualified from liking her.
    Jean, especially the animated series version, does kind of represent everything stereotypically bland and uncool about white America. Obviously it's not impossible for people from other backgrounds to see through that and appreciate the more substantive aspects of her character, it's just somewhat less likely is all.