Page 580 of 626 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Dawn of X is really forced, the intention seems to shock and generate gossip instead of developing the characters. So far the worse i saw was Laura
    There has been 1-2 issues of entirely new storylines, I'm not sure what you're expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    There has been 1-2 issues of entirely new storylines, I'm not sure what you're expecting.
    I think 1-2 issues are fair to judge. If they get better ok, Hill for example said he would adress Laura problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Hm and on Nov. 21, 2019 I learned that Jean Grey's logo has a Phoenix in the "Y" because I never noticed before as well.
    I noticed this some months ago.

I think 1-2 issues are fair to judge. If they get better ok, Hill for example said he would adress Laura problem.

I noticed this some months ago.
    The only ones where the primary characters aren't getting developed is X-Men, and that's just because Hickman can't write people well. Marauders is doing fine for Kitty and Bishop. X-Force looks to be doing it for QQQ and Wolverine. Excalibur for Apocalypse and Betsy. New Mutants for Roberto so far. That's not a bad ratio for 1 or 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Editors, publishers, writers... When they change and ignore pretty much of what was done before, it doesn't help a book, most of the time. Things feel forced, and not organic imo.
    That I liked it or not (And I didn't like Jeen much), she's a part of adult Jean now. This shouldn't be forgotten.
    I was slow to like Teen Jean at first (when she first came on the scene I had taken a break from the books), but when I started to collect the trades of the Bendis run I decided quickly that she was our Jean Grey. I loved when they finally put the debate to rest and the O5 were our X-Men and making them go back and time and the adult versions receiving their memories were great. I do wish Jean kept her new power (the pink form but oh well). One of the big changes with Teen Jean was making Jean a leader but at least we got to see that in our Jean in X-Men Red.

I personally loved the Teen Jean solo series but I know others didn't care for it as much.

I noticed the phoenix emblem in the Teen Jean logo during Jean Grey issue 1. I thought it was clever.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The only ones where the primary characters aren't getting developed is X-Men, and that's just because Hickman can't write people well. Marauders is doing fine for Kitty and Bishop. X-Force looks to be doing it for QQQ and Wolverine. Excalibur for Apocalypse and Betsy. New Mutants for Roberto so far. That's not a bad ratio for 1 or 2 issues.
    I'm not feeling the new Kitty, bishop also had a strange moment dude doesn't care about luxury, Gambit is awful, Any character on x-men not called Scott being written weird, laura and Cable.
    X-force is the only book that seems to be getting characters right, hope the 2nd issue is a good sttrike too

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was slow to like Teen Jean at first (when she first came on the scene I had taken a break from the books), but when I started to collect the trades of the Bendis run I decided quickly that she was our Jean Grey. I loved when they finally put the debate to rest and the O5 were our X-Men and making them go back and time and the adult versions receiving their memories were great. I do wish Jean kept her new power (the pink form but oh well). One of the big changes with Teen Jean was making Jean a leader but at least we got to see that in our Jean in X-Men Red.

I personally loved the Teen Jean solo series but I know others didn't care for it as much.

I noticed the phoenix emblem in the Teen Jean logo during Jean Grey issue 1. I thought it was clever.
    At least with Teen Jean writers and editors were concerned to make her a leader.

I really don't think they are going to reference Jeen, seems like a good chance to streamline continuity again.
    I hope that I'm wrong, because the pink power is good.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-21-2019 at 08:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I get that but I dont think its safe to really say its been ignored yet. HoX was the first 616 story with Jean post-Extermination and well Hickman doesnt have a good grasp on Jean's voice. X-Force will be her first ongoing which should allow for room for her to be explored so anything from Teen Jean may or may not come into play but its too soon to tell yet
    It doesn't fit into the new world Hickman is establishing, and it's certainly not new reader friendly.

Also the difference with staffing now for the X-books is that they are focused on generating potential ideas for the X-Men in MCU.

While I personally loved Jeen, I don't think she or the o5 will be referenced ever again. All the adult o5 are alive, so there's no real need to.

BANNED

At least with Teen Jean writers and editors were concerned to make her a leader.

I really don't think they are going to reference Jeen, seems like a good chance to streamline continuity again.
    I hope that I'm wrong, because the pink power is good.
    I think you're right!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...96757822345216
    EJ_Ikx2WoAQFU5Z.jpg
    this costume would look better on red and blue

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...96757822345216
    EJ_Ikx2WoAQFU5Z.jpg
    this costume would look better on red and blue
    So this is a variant., Jean pose is weird, nice spine she has.

They should have run with any of Jeen costumes

So this is a variant., Jean pose is weird, nice spine she has.

They should have run with any of Jeen costumes
    Negative

Negative

*any of Jeen costumes that aren't Marvel Girl inspired.

I don't even remember this costume LOL so awful

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Negative

That was the worst one, the other two were pretty decent
    43b037bd718a5c5694c191b4bb769a87.jpg
    ________JEANGREY-Teaser.jpg

I think the costume looks great in that cover. Are y'all gonna say it looked better with the other colors every time it shows up?(assuming she's gonna be wearing it elsewhere... I'll be asking Cassara/Percy on twitter but idk if it's too soon lol.)

They did look great, especially the Blue/solo one imo, but I don't think they fit adult Jean.

Both designers of the costumes learned that yellow/green look better with a 3rd or even a 4th color to constrast.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ramos costume only looks good from other artists.
    "Cable was right!"