Page 444 of 626 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 9381
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I read it as just Jean’s offbeat personality. I think Morrison once described Jean as slightly off center, and I think it works. Of course the whole quote was a callback to an earlier quote by Jean.

I do think it is valid to be worried, but I’m hoping for good things going forward. Jean may end up great in X-force.
    crossing fingers, but am just frustrated at this point at how Jean was characterized as whiny/cry baby and was told to 'try harder'.
    Last edited by mike7171; 09-18-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I prefer for Jean to look like an adult woman. Around 30 if posible
    that being said Jean is like 27, some people keep youngish looks for very long.
    This whole resurrection process could allow her body to have whatever age she wants.
    I'm pretty sure "optimal age" as referenced in-story means early 20s. Physically speaking. Since Cerebro copies over all their memories, mental age can be far higher.

I need Jean to request the resurrection of her slaugheted family. Not all of them, but Sarah and her two kids need to be revealed to be mutants and on Krakoa with Jean

It's weird...Jean technically should be much more involved in the very concept of what's going on in HOX

spoilers:

Jean's mind/essence/soul was transferred into a new body created by the Phoenix

The original body incubated in a cocoon/egg

Maddie was a blank slate until she was imbued with that same essence

Jean was able to transfer her entire consciousness into another body...the only mutant I believe to do so without artificial means...and as this was a "husk that was not her own", she needed to return her consciousness to her own body asap

Jean began backing up and storing Xavier's memories on her own, as he was trapped in Nova's deteriorating body....when time was no longer a luxury, she downloaded the rest into her mind...and used Cerebro to splinter them among mutants all over the world...when Nova used it, Xavier's mind was recollected, forcing hers out

Both in the case of Jean's mind to Emma, and Jean storing his own mind, Xavier is amazed at Jean's ability to do this

end of spoilers

It would seem the things that have happened to Jean and what she's be able to do have at the very least inspired Xavier's conceptualization of spoilers:
    mutant based resurrection
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It's weird...Jean technically should be much more involved in the very concept of what's going on in HOX

spoilers:

Jean's mind/essence/soul was transferred into a new body created by the Phoenix

The original body incubated in a cocoon/egg

Maddie was a blank slate until she was imbued with that same essence

Jean was able to transfer her entire consciousness into another body...the only mutant I believe to do so without artificial means...and as this was a "husk that was not her own", she needed to return her consciousness to her own body asap

Jean began backing up and storing Xavier's memories on her own, as he was trapped in Nova's deteriorating body....when time was no longer a luxury, she downloaded the rest into her mind...and used Cerebro to splinter them among mutants all over the world...when Nova used it, Xavier's mind was recollected, forcing hers out

Both in the case of Jean's mind to Emma, and Jean storing his own mind, Xavier is amazed at Jean's ability to do this

end of spoilers

It would seem the things that have happened to Jean and what she's be able to do have at the very least inspired Xavier's conceptualization of spoilers:
    mutant based resurrection
    end of spoilers
    This is the problem of Hickman he hates Jean and co but he stealed from them: Moira's power=Rachel's chronoskimming(better) and pod=Jean's cocoon.

BANNED

Isn't it funny how Jean Grey being a clone is a constant issue but no one seems to care that Charles Xavier has been a clone for years and now is living rent free in a Weapon Plus body?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-18-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Isn't it funny how Jean Grey being a clone is a constant issue but no one seems to care that Charles Xavier has been a clone for years and now is living rent free in a Weapon Plus body?
    I mean it's apples and oranges. If this was Jean willingly transferring bodies and what not, no one would be second guessing.

Plus there's no way Sinister didn't "tamper" with the samples.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    I mean it's apples and oranges. If this was Jean willingly transferring bodies and what not, no one would be second guessing.

Plus there's no way Sinister didn't "tamper" with the samples.
    Yup, I feel like Sinister is going to mess everything really hard

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I need Jean to request the resurrection of her slaugheted family. Not all of them, but Sarah and her two kids need to be revealed to be mutants and on Krakoa with Jean
    Resurrection is something normal for superheros but I don't think that should be easy for normal people liek Jean's parents. After years dead, their lives should be very different coming back. Specially if they are revealed to be mutants, that would be a little scary.

That being said I'm all for expanding Jean's family.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

They kept saying "Jean Grey is Jean Grey is Jean Grey" in the Jean solo and I believe them. Pod Jean is Jean. lol

Anyways, Hickman's Storm and Emma are really good. Why is his Jean a bit off so far?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    They kept saying "Jean Grey is Jean Grey is Jean Grey" in the Jean solo and I believe them. Pod Jean is Jean. lol

Anyways, Hickman's Storm and Emma are really good. Why is his Jean a bit off so far?
    Uh, Storm sounded like a cult priest.

Emma was being Emma, but even then she kinda crossed a line and the fact everyone seems cool with it is very weird on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

Because she went from being confident, fiery, and passionate to a bland, crying mess that needed Monet to tell her what to do?

Tbh Storm sounded off too. Her scenes with Scott and Jean were fine, but the rest of her dialogue just sounded off.

Maybe Jean is in her MG costume, and is behaving young, because that is the age sge is always forced back as, so it is not Adult Jean? What has happened to all the orginal bodies is what i wanna know.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Maybe Jean is in her MG costume, and is behaving young, because that is the age sge is always forced back as, so it is not Adult Jean? What has happened to all the orginal bodies is what i wanna know.
    My theory is that there's been mutants that were against what Xavier was doing, and Xavier and co basically stored them somewhere and recreated them till his world vision was complete.

The text mentioned that they have been resurrecting mutants at a fast pace, and they have been increasing the number of mutants they resurrect as "The 5" get more unified. So it would seem that the characters that were resurrected, it wasn't their first time being brought back.

I just don't see how some of these characters would be ok with all of this.

I don't think there's any conspiracy honestly. Jean went back to Marvel Girl cause Hickman thinks everyone needs a ~mutant name~ and the dress because... Well, because that's known as the "Marvel Girl dress" I guess or maybe he just liked it. And her badly written personality on HOX #4 was just... Yeah, bad writing, cause he needed for her to die.