Page 453 of 626 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 9381

It's certainly a possibility

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    https://screenrant.com/xmen-theory-x...-clone-secret/

This person wonders if the Xavier we see now isn’t Moira in a clone body of Charles Xavier.

That makes a lot of sense. Moira us a brilliant geneticist and what better way for her to ensure a different outcome than to step in leadership role.

It also brings up some issues. There’s no real reason why Moira/Xavier could not edit the memories of people stored in Cerebro. That’s how people like Esme and Sabretooth can be with the XMen again, there’s not the bad blood there because they don’t have certain memories of the originals.

It would explain why Jean Grey is Marvel Girl again. For all we know the one that died was also a clone and had her memories
    edited and just remembers being Marvel Girl.

I explains why not only did Cyclops show no sign of being blinded in one eye/shot in the face.

And having seen all those bad futures play out, Moira/Xavier wanted to unite all Mutants like she has done. But the original Jean might have stood in her way, and probably the original Scott. I think they maybe DEAD. If that is truly Moira in Xavier’s clone body, shed be pretty ruthless.

This allows Hickman to ignore the past few years of development of Jean Grey such as Jeen, Phoenix Resurrection, and XMen Red.

Moira/Xavier may have another goal. Sinister created Madeline Pryors in a ploy to control the Phoenix. Maybe that’s Moira/Xavier’s goal? Neither XMen Red Jean Grey or Jeen wanted to be the Phoenix. But now we have a happy Marvel Girl due to being a clone with edited memories.

It allows Hickman to do a rebooted take on Phoenix/Jean. He’s rebooted Magneto, Moira, Krakoa, Apocalypse, Xavier, and Sinister. He’s rebooted Cerebro. Can the Phoenix be far behind?

As for Cyclops' blown up eye not showing, am guessing Elixir (or the 5 has something to do with it). If they can bring back mutant in a short amount of time using just the dna, restoring an eye will a piece of cake.
    I would rather Jean don't go all Phoenix but rather progress from where Jeen left off. I think that will be more exciting. I want to see where the 'phoenix was holding me back' take her, i think this is the best path for Jean's reboot.
    Last edited by mike7171; 09-21-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Resurrection is something normal for superheros but I don't think that should be easy for normal people liek Jean's parents. After years dead, their lives should be very different coming back. Specially if they are revealed to be mutants, that would be a little scary.

That being said I'm all for expanding Jean's family.
    Xavier is "resurrecting" mutants. He should at least bring back Jean's niece and nephew, Gailyn and Joseph,both of whom had unspecified mutant abilities

BANNED

Yeah, Joey and Gailyn (who were wasted) should be on file.

Oh God. Is Rusty Collins coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Xavier is "resurrecting" mutants. He should at least bring back Jean's niece and nephew, Gailyn and Joseph,both of whom had unspecified mutant abilities
    when was that revealed? I remember in the mid 90s Scott tried to test them to see if they had anything and came up with nothing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    when was that revealed? I remember in the mid 90s Scott tried to test them to see if they had anything and came up with nothing
    That would be found in X-Man #30...

It would explain why Jean Grey is Marvel Girl again. For all we know the one that died was also a clone and had her memories

I explains why not only did Cyclops show no sign of being blinded in one eye/shot in the face.

And having seen all those bad futures play out, Moira/Xavier wanted to unite all Mutants like she has done. But the original Jean might have stood in her way, and probably the original Scott. I think they maybe DEAD. If that is truly Moira in Xavier’s clone body, shed be pretty ruthless.

This allows Hickman to ignore the past few years of development of Jean Grey such as Jeen, Phoenix Resurrection, and XMen Red.

Moira/Xavier may have another goal. Sinister created Madeline Pryors in a ploy to control the Phoenix. Maybe that’s Moira/Xavier’s goal? Neither XMen Red Jean Grey or Jeen wanted to be the Phoenix. But now we have a happy Marvel Girl due to being a clone with edited memories.
    Jean's speech in HOX5 after being reborn does add to this theory of edited memories.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

This person wonders if the Xavier we see now isn’t Moira in a clone body of Charles Xavier.

That makes a lot of sense. Moira us a brilliant geneticist and what better way for her to ensure a different outcome than to step in leadership role.

It also brings up some issues. There’s no real reason why Moira/Xavier could not edit the memories of people stored in Cerebro. That’s how people like Esme and Sabretooth can be with the XMen again, there’s not the bad blood there because they don’t have certain memories of the originals.

It allows Hickman to do a rebooted take on Phoenix/Jean. He’s rebooted Magneto, Moira, Krakoa, Apocalypse, Xavier, and Sinister. He’s rebooted Cerebro. Can the Phoenix be far behind?
    Too far fetched even for serial fiction... But, we'll see soon enough.

Mmm I don't think this is not real Jean. The Phoenix is mostly gone from X-Books as of Resurrection, and I don't see a good reason why Xavier and Moira would want a less experienced Marvel Girl (Adult Jean could definitely do better at controlling the Phoenix than her younger self). Plus she knew and seemed familiar with all of the mutants around her and Scott would be really mad if they did something like this to Jean.

I hated it when the Greys were killed. It just seemed too dark and not necessary. I hated that they killed the children. They were minor characters, but dang! I didn't like it that Jean never found her sister and her sister died during the Phalanx story. The Greys had such a dark tragic story... Jean included but at least she gets to come back.

I get Xavier resurrects mutants because what keeps happening to them but I feel Jean deserves her human family, and same with Colossus.

Both Scott and Jean are in current bodies that weren't brought back by the Phoenix. Something we could not have said recently. It is kind of strange how they had to go through hoops to explain how Cyke was brought back and now all of a sudden Xavier (and the five) can bring mutants back from the dead.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 09-22-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Killing the Greys always felt a bit rude and unecessary to me. As if Marvel was trying to erase everything related to Jean.
    They won nothing by killing them

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Killing the Greys always felt a bit rude and unecessary to me. As if Marvel was trying to erase everything related to Jean.
    They won nothing by killing them
    Yeah, I never saw the point of that either beyond cheap and temporary shock.

It felt gross to read books where the Shi'ar were still so close to the X-Men even after that and poor Rachel...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mmm I don't think this is not real Jean. The Phoenix is mostly gone from X-Books as of Resurrection, and I don't see a good reason why Xavier and Moira would want a less experienced Marvel Girl (Adult Jean could definitely do better at controlling the Phoenix than her younger self). Plus she knew and seemed familiar with all of the mutants around her and Scott would be really mad if they did something like this to Jean.
    Would XMen Red Jean have just gone along with Moira/Xavier vision? It would have been out of character to the extreme. She was a leader and had her own vision.

Of course they would want a younger obedient Jean. All those reincarnations made Moira ruthless. Keep in
    Mind Xavier blocked the power development of a young Jean Grey. And he telepathically manipulated happiness on an adult Jean Grey and the rest of o5 on her return.

Frankly I think Moira killed her and replaced her with a clone with edited memories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I hated it when the Greys were killed. It just seemed too dark and not necessary. I hated that they killed the children. They were minor characters, but dang! I didn't like it that Jean never found her sister and her sister died during the Phalanx story. The Greys had such a dark tragic story... Jean included but at least she gets to come back.

I get Xavier resurrects mutants because what keeps happening to them but I feel Jean deserves her human family, and same with Colossus.

Both Scott and Jean are in current bodies that weren't brought back by the Phoenix. Something we could not have said recently. It is kind of strange how they had to go through hoops to explain how Cyke was brought back and now all of a sudden Xavier (and the five) can bring mutants back from the dead.

Meaning going forward Cyclops has no connection to the Phoenix and never had. I think his memories are edited too.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Would XMen Red Jean have just gone along with Moira/Xavier vision? It would have been out of character to the extreme. She was a leader and had her own vision.

Of course they would want a younger obedient Jean. All those reincarnations made Moira ruthless. Keep in
    Mind Xavier blocked the power development of a young Jean Grey. And he telepathically manipulated happiness on an adult Jean Grey and the rest of o5 on her return.

Frankly I think Moira killed her and replaced her with a clone with edited memories.

It’s not just Jean, which makes me think it’s part of the plot, not just bad writing, Kurt is back to being the comedy sidekick/mascot, particularly around Scott, in a way we haven’t seen for decades.