Page 410 of 626 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 9381

I’m going to wait till the end of HOX to judge Hickman’s Jean. I feel this team was a group of reborns who were sent on this mission. So is this the last appearance of Jean in HOX?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...this is funny considering what happened to her today. Jean wears a dress on her first mission and is brutally injured to the extent that she cant physically help the rest of the X-men and can only be used as a cell phone. Bet she wishes she wore her armor-plated Red outfit instead

One costume is fit for battle and has practical utility and the other does not
    Yeah this costume was far more spropriate, since Jean was busy with TP and couldn't use her tk in full power

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    I think it's kind of silly to judge a long term writer's entire portrayal of a character based on a single arc, or even a single issue if we are to be accurate. Yes, he's given other characters some great moments so far, but you can't always do that.

We aren't even done with the setup for Hickman's main run (I assume he'll stick around for at least two or three years) and we already know there is something fishy going on with Xavier and the pods. Theories are plenty. This isn't the last time Hickman is going to be writing Jean and I am sure we'll get to see her in a different set of circumstances after this point.
    In a single issue or less panels Hickman has nailed Charles, Moira, Apocalypse, Magneto, Nightcrawler, M, Wolvie, Scott, Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos. His Jean is dry and lacking based on what we've been given in as many panels.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Jean was definitely weird in this situation and she seemed like a new member on the team who just got their powers. I don't think Hickman wrote her as weak but that her reach from outer space all the way back to Earth is just not possible. I have no idea if Jean was able to do this in the past but it didn't seem out of touch to use Monet's assistance.

I was ready for Jean to burst out as the Phoenix hen the Sentinels jumped her but alas...

Hello!
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No people are upset that she did NOTHING. She literally cowered in a corner on the floor and just relayed her distress of what was happening around her back home. If she had even taken out one guard and was then shot in the back, it would have been better than the weak sauce mess we saw today.

See the above!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    My main problem really was with the exchange with Monet. What M said was a very Monet thing to say, but I wish it was structured in a way that didn't make Jean seem like such a rookie. Perhaps the art exaggerated the exchange a bit, but I wish Jean's dialogue had been different, and I think it would have worked better. Linking the two teams, and relaying the message may not be some grandiose, badass moment, but it was still a powerful display of Jean's abilities. I'm sure being in the proximity to all those deaths had an impact on her mental abilities as well.

Ding ding ding!! Why must Jean so often as be so much more naive and easily rattled as someone of her experiences should be. She has held the powers of a celestial firebird, consumed stars, and was both trained and developed extensive psychic training. That is not counting her history of combat situations, she should not be cowering in the corner. She should have an edge when pushed, and way too often since she's been back does she so casually fold.

Not a fan of his direction with Jean, why establish any hierarchy or her status as an Omega level telepath to only then undermine it? M was much more collected and effectual while Jean again was reactive instead of proactive!

The only somewhat interesting thing she did do was hold a link which required Charles with Cerebro and the Cuckoos to maintain, as well as Storm, Magneto, Beast, and Trinary.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-05-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think we got spoiled with X-Men Red. I was so critical of that series because Jean was more the passive den mother and she wore that horrible costume. Now, I miss the series more than ever because at least Jean was strong, passionate, and intelligent. This issue was not a good showing for Ms. Grey.

However, she was injured and one of her best friends had just died in an explosion. The assistant editor of the issue touted the telepathic communication between the Earth and the Sun so I do count it as a big feat for both Jean and Xavier (and acknowledge both had support and assistance from others).

Jean did come across as scared when she was with Monet. I think the artist mostly conveyed that with her goofy expression (and I usually like the artists work). I don't have much more to say but that I'm very worried going forward. I'm afraid Hickman is like Rosenberg and only writes a certain type of character well (the white straight male like Scott Summers and Logan). I hope to be wrong.

I think Jean is going to be downplayed and we will feel lucky we got X-Men Red. I wonder if Hickman hadn't came on and we didn't have an editorial shake up if Jean would have continued to get the spotlight and continue as a leader.
    Larraz is a great artists, but the expression on Jean's face was really goofy.

I think Hickman did a good job with Monet and Emma(even if brief), but clearly the protagonists are mageneto, charles and Scott

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Larraz is a great artists, but the expression on Jean's face was really goofy.

I think Hickman did a good job with Monet and Emma(even if brief), but clearly the protagonists are mageneto, charles and Scott
    Too early to say "protagonist". Main characters, but a lot suggests Magneto and Charles are not good guys for this. I don't believe Magneto is in any of the upcoming books, correct?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Too early to say "protagonist". Main characters, but a lot suggests Magneto and Charles are not good guys for this. I don't believe Magneto is in any of the upcoming books, correct?
    Not as a permanent cast member, but he'll be on the first issue of X-Men alongside Scott, Polaris and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He is on first issue of x-men. besides Moira, it is on Charles and Magneto qhere story spends a really good time

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    In a single issue or less panels Hickman has nailed Charles, Moira, Apocalypse, Magneto, Nightcrawler, M, Wolvie, Scott, Emma and The Stepford Cuckoos. His Jean is dry and lacking based on what we've been given in as many panels.
    I think only Jean is getting the short stick. It's clear what characters Hickman likes to write

Not a fan of his direction with Jean, why establish any hierarchy or her status as an Omega level telepath to only then undermine it? M was much more collect and effectual her again was reactive instead of proactive!

The only somewhat interesting thing she did do was hold a link which required Charles with Cerebro and the Cuckoos to maintain, as well as Storm, Magneto, Beast, and Trinary.
    That was a big feat even with Monet help, but the characterization was really off.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-04-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Reposting from the redesign thread. A little embarrassing to post this on the same page as Asrar's Jean design but anyway here are some quick adult Jean redesigns I did, based on the X-Men Blue design, especially the 3rd one.

Jean1.jpgJean2.jpgJean3.jpg

XFan2000

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, they should've just recoloured that from blue and red to green and yellow, like what they did with Cyclops's costume (which was changed from red to blue). The dress is dated and impractical.
    That got me really curious as to how that would look. Here's someone who doesn't know how to use Photoshop's take on that. Also a take on the 90s outfit.

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by XFan2000 View Post
    That got me really curious as to how that would look. Here's someone who doesn't know how to use Photoshop's take on that. Also a take on the 90s outfit.

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg
    The blue/yellow looks best. I think the green needs to be a darker shade. I didnt like the red/blue at first but it grew on me

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Reposting from the redesign thread. A little embarrassing to post this on the same page as Asrar's Jean design but anyway here are some quick adult Jean redesigns I did, based on the X-Men Blue design, especially the 3rd one.

I really like these! The middle one's my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post

3rd is the best

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg
    blue and yellow better one. yellow needs to be darker
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-04-2019 at 08:04 PM.

There's this MOFO on twitter the address Jean Omega Telepath https://twitter.com/illustjuan/statu...55195085705217 My God and ppl can still say Jean is not supposed to be strong otherwise there won't be need a team YEA RITE base on the **** up comments been said I think thats what she need to be from now on OVERPOWERED

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This looks amazing!
    from David Yardin
    (cool.jpg

This costume is so underrated

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg
    Middle one is basically what I had in mind - but less bright.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman