Page 6 of 626 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    In many ways the Pink form is a Phoenix replacement, just without the cosmic baggage or the interpretation that it is a separate force/entity/being. It allows her to power/level up to or near her foe's power-level, she draws on the psychic energy of others (similar to how the Phoenix Force has been said to draw from the psychic energy of every living being and/or future unborn), and it has allowed her to become a being of pure psionic energy and reconstitute herself (this parallels the original explanation for Phoenix given in UXM 125) when she beat the Poisons and effectively resurrected herself. She has also used it as a power/threat/dominance display similar to how she has used the phoenix raptor before. Also learning about Phoenix/Dark Phoenix and being shown footage of Dark Phoenix in Trial of Jean Grey allowed her to look in herself to discover this new application of her power to begin with.

Since she absorbed some of the Phoenix Force's energies with it in Generations, she can also create a pink phoenix raptor (of course Adult Jean could also create a pink psychic raptor). So really, with the pink form she doesn't even need the Phoenix Force anymore. She can have its best qualities without the baggage. Claremont was going to make her a Phoenix on her own without the Force in Revolution and now they could really do it with Teen Jean's development. Past-Adult Jean even called them "two Phoenixes" with her having the Phoenix Force and Teen Jean having her Pink form in Generations Phoenix. I doubt if they will continue this direction though. They never do what makes sense with what they have set up.

I agree that ground rules would be good and it should be something used from time to time and not a constant. But if Angel can power up to Archangel, I don't see why Jean can't power up to Pink mode. Maybe a limit could be that she can't sustain the pink form for very long or that it taxes or hurts her body. Both Nate Grey and Xorn-Jean grew so powerful that their powers were killing their physical bodies so maybe the threat of that could limit Jean. Her power levels could also be limited by who she is around or fighting against. Maybe if there aren't that many people around and/or the mutants around her aren't that powerful--maybe she doesn't get that much energy.

This is kinda unrelated but here is a pic of Marvel Girl-Jean from the original days levitating multiple steal beams (from [Uncanny] X-Men #36). Angel acknowledges that Jean's powers have grown. Although Jean admits some strain it does show that she wasn't as weak as some think back then. Her growing powers was always a part of her character too.

In the future Adult Teen Jean is shown down taking four Silver Surfers and then proceeds to take down Galactus himself. Her pink form became a Phoenix effect and the Surfers called her Phoenix. I think this is the direction they will ultimately go with her. It was referenced that she never used her true power because she was afraid of the Phoenix taking over.

Basically, the pink form was conceived as a way to make her Phoenix to avoid the fear that the force would take her over and make her Dark Phoenix. It's not the comics baggage Bendis and others wanted to avoided, it's the murderous baggage of D'Bari and of AvX when Phoenix was destroying planets on her way to earth.

For Age of X-Man to happen Marvel deliberately nurfed all the powerful X-Men like Jean, Storm, Magneto. Cable was killed off (Adult Cable could have stopped this) and Magik temporarily out of the picture.

The X-Men disassembled and Age of X-Man effectively reboot the X-Men comics, because by the end of this month Disney's takeover off Fox will be complete and the X-Men will be placed in MCU. That's where all the 90s nostalgia comes in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Come on writers, you can do it. Just show Jean using pink mode to fight X-Legion. She doesn't even have to win or last more than a few seconds.

Just show that she can use it.

Loved the team work with Jean and Betsy. Getting past Legions mental defenses and finding out about the construct, then Jean knocking around Apocalypse (it was fine to see but he should have put up more of a resistance).

Lol, this is the new version of apocalypse that just said he has never felt this powerful before in Xmen black. Then proceeds to get stomped by Nate and Jean.

I loved the AoA construct by Legion. It reminds me of that issue of Xtreme where Jean basically creates a construct of a city in her mind where she and Storm hangout, go shopping, partying and eat ice cream. Time also moved faster than real life there. I think Quentin has also done something like that.

Looking forward to Nate and Jean interacting in AOXman
    Well if she can kick around Apocalypse clearly she is powerful. I think they maybe waiting for Jean to use the pink form to kick Legion's butt at the END of this story. Because the whole point of this is not just to relaunch Uncanny, but to relaunch the X-Men in time for the MCU X-Men era which starts sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In the future Adult Teen Jean is shown down taking four Silver Surfers and then proceeds to take down Galactus himself. Her pink form became a Phoenix effect and the Surfers called her Phoenix. I think this is the direction they will ultimately go with her. It was referenced that she never used her true power because she was afraid of the Phoenix taking over.

Basically, the pink form was conceived as a way to make her Phoenix to avoid the fear that the force would take her over and make her Dark Phoenix. It's not the comics baggage Bendis and others wanted to avoided, it's the murderous baggage of D'Bari and of AvX when Phoenix was destroying planets on her way to earth.

For Age of X-Man to happen Marvel deliberately nurfed all the powerful X-Men like Jean, Storm, Magneto. Cable was killed off (Adult Cable could have stopped this) and Magik temporarily out of the picture.

The X-Men disassembled and Age of X-Man effectively reboot the X-Men comics, because by the end of this month Disney's takeover off Fox will be complete and the X-Men will be placed in MCU. That's where all the 90s nostalgia comes in.
    The pink form seems to really only be the Jeen powerup as needed. Jean and her connection to everyone's favorite Ultra Mega Chicken is so interwoven into the X-mythos that it is nearly inevitable we'll see her again in some capacity, and likely Jean as a host again eventually.

Next time I go to KFC I'm asking for the "Ultra Mega Chicken" and seeing what happens.

Seeing Jean throw Apocalypse around today certainly was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

Happy New Year all Jean fans.

what is Jean's fandom name?

I hope 2019 would be a great year for Jean.

X-MEN RED was quite amazing yet sadly it ended. Jean deserves her own solo, think how many times Cycke had been the central character, so boring.

another hope is for Jean to get a new costume, I don't really like this updated Jim Lee's uncanny era costume, definitely better than the previous yellow thigh-pads, but Jean needs a better costume.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Next time I go to KFC I'm asking for the "Ultra Mega Chicken" and seeing what happens.
    It will be charred black, but rise from its own ashes to resolve the plot two tables over.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Jean in an expanded version of Giant-Size X-Men, where they wrote a new story and new art that happened in between the original Giant Size issues that took personal look into the X-Men's life.

Her first story was wondering what she would do now that there's new X-Men in the school before her thoughts were interrupted by Wolverine flirting with her. Angel stopped him, they fought, she tried to stop them but failing, before Storm broke them up with a lightning strike and cool them off with rain.

The next day, she and the other original X-Men except Cyclops announced their retiring. This is the original Giant-Size. I didn't know it at that time, but looks like the expanded story was created to bridge the sudden departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I first saw Jean in an expanded version of Giant-Size X-Men, where they wrote a new story and new art that happened in between the original Giant Size issues that took personal look into the X-Men's life.

Her first story was wondering what she would do now that there's new X-Men in the school before her thoughts were interrupted by Wolverine flirting with her. Angel stopped him, they fought, she tried to stop them but failing, before Storm broke them up with a lightning strike and cool them off with rain.

The next day, she and the other original X-Men except Cyclops announced their retiring. This is the original Giant-Size. I didn't know it at that time, but looks like the expanded story was created to bridge the sudden departure.
    The stories in Classic X-Men are nice, aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The stories in Classic X-Men are nice, aren't they?
    THAT's the name! Yes! Thank you! I forgot the name of the expanded version. Yeah, they're all good and I adore the art.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Yes, for me too! I have put 2 others in the Storm Thread!
    I'm not fond of her new costume, though! too much shoulderpads for me, reminiscent of the 90's where Jean was too often seen as xavier's nanny!
    I remember her sometimes having enough and showing sabertooth and poor Mellencamp what they could awaken but for the most part she was pretty bland!
    Now she's at a moment where the writers can take her in new directions easily and I hope at one time to see her serving as an Avenger, it would do so much for Mutant recognition, much more than Alex or rogue!
    Same here the new costume doesn't do it for me, I will much prefer something slicker, simpler, no armour , no tiara, just wild flowing hair....I don't know why artist cannot create something more sexy for Jean....
    I hope as well to see Jean branching out to all corner of the Marvel univers...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    THAT's the name! Yes! Thank you! I forgot the name of the expanded version. Yeah, they're all good and I adore the art.
    Ah, John Bolton, famous artist, worked on RPG games too! Those classic X-Men were a gold mine for those wanting to understand the past!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Not feeing Silva's Jean today
    She's just trying to work out those glutes.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post

what is Jean's fandom name?
    Welcome to the forums. I’ve actually been thinking about this.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    She's just trying to work out those glutes.
    While balancing on one foot.