Page 92 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She became too much of a delicate flower that went down in a couple of hits. They should have decreased her offense and increased her defense instead of just decreasing her defense, making her easily killed
    She's easily killed because she's the only character with two lives, and does hilarious amounts of damage when transformed. She also has an X-Factor infinite. Before the nerfs, she had zero counter play. She was the best character in the game, and it wasn't close.

Defense doesn't matter in UMvC3 anyway. With optimized combos, every character dies in one to two hits.

Jean leading her marvelous X-men

Jean leading her marvelous X-men

That's a good look for her and the team. Jean has always looked her best when her costume is simple. She doesn't need anything too elaborate. She finds a way to make any attire work. That's just part of what makes her special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Scott's spot is probably going to be given to Deadpool or Cable. He seems to always get the boot in recent games.
    If they ever do X-Men vs Street Fighter again, Cyclops would be perfect for it. Current Street Fighter is slow and methodical, MvC on the other hand has become way too cheap, Cyclops doesn't have the moveset to compete with teleporters and flying characters.

She became too much of a delicate flower that went down in a couple of hits. They should have decreased her offense and increased her defense instead of just decreasing her defense, making her easily killed
    The number of hits needed to take her down didn't change, the hp nerf she received was very minor. The biggest nerf was to her projectiles, in MvC3 her homing fireballs and traps acted as combo breakers, they stayed on screen no matter what. She was her own assist. In UMvC3, the projectiles disappeared if Jean got hit. She was still the best character in the game but you no longer could pick any 2 random characters + her, you needed to build the team around her.

Speaking of games there’s a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for the switch. I’m hearing Wolverine is playable so maybe the x-men can be in games again?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Speaking of games there’s a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for the switch. I’m hearing Wolverine is playable so maybe the x-men can be in games again?
    Yep. Logan and Storm are on it. Hopefully there are more X-Men and Jean is on it too.

I really hope the ban is due away with. If Jean’s in it she’ll have her Red costume.
    First X-Lady

I really hope the ban is due away with. If Jean’s in it she’ll have her Red costume.
    I think it really is, the F4 has also been included on all mobile games recently, and they were on an even worse situation than the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    If they ever do X-Men vs Street Fighter again, Cyclops would be perfect for it. Current Street Fighter is slow and methodical, MvC on the other hand has become way too cheap, Cyclops doesn't have the moveset to compete with teleporters and flying characters.

The number of hits needed to take her down didn't change, the hp nerf she received was very minor. The biggest nerf was to her projectiles, in MvC3 her homing fireballs and traps acted as combo breakers, they stayed on screen no matter what. She was her own assist. In UMvC3, the projectiles disappeared if Jean got hit. She was still the best character in the game but you no longer could pick any 2 random characters + her, you needed to build the team around her.
    One last thing before I drag this any more off topic, but Phoenix wasn't top in UMvC3. Maybe Top 5, but Vergil, Zero, and Doom could kill your entire team and didn't need 5 bars and death to do it. Vergil was easily the best character, able to kill your whole team with 1 bar and two guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    One last thing before I drag this any more off topic, but Phoenix wasn't top in UMvC3. Maybe Top 5, but Vergil, Zero, and Doom could kill your entire team and didn't need 5 bars and death to do it. Vergil was easily the best character, able to kill your whole team with 1 bar and two guesses.
    Vergil started out as the best character but his value decreased over time. Magneto and Morrigan were better than Doom, Doom had a good assist tho.

I wouldnt be so sure considering Storm has her old Davis look. I could see them using the Phoenix costume as Jean's default

The whole game topic started bc I mentioned the news about marvel ultimate alliance 3 released yesterday. One page ago. Lols.

Anywho If jean is in it it’ll almost certainly be her Phoenix costume, imo. It’s her most iconic/timeless , which is what they tend to use for the ultimate alliance series.

Re: jean in mvc3, I’m not saying the nerf was or was or wasn’t warranted (I see It both ways), but the nerf WAS significant because it changed her from not being killable by one special to being killable by one special. That change was a big deal.

If I recall none of the top world players used Phoenix regularly. She was a fun character - my favorite by far. But she was never in the consistent top 3 by the top tournament players even before her nerf. She was a wild card glass cannon and could be used to throw people off, but she was never a consistent “top 3” character in tournaments because there were surefire ways to counter her (examples: force her into combat before 5 energy bars were built up using the knock out ability, or taking away the enemy energy bars by using wall slam combos instead of knockdown combos.)

Good players didn’t have too much trouble countering dark Phoenix I’d they knew their stuff.
    Last edited by Grey; 02-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I wouldnt be so sure considering Storm has her old Davis look. I could see them using the Phoenix costume as Jean's default
    Could be esp since the movie is coming out too. There’s no way they can leave Jean out of games. She just came back and there’s a movie starring her.
    First X-Lady

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...inity-watch-1/

Jeannie has an appearance in this.
    I think this book has Phoenix Wolverine and not 616 Wolverine, so their interactions should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...inity-watch-1/

Jeannie has an appearance in this.
    I think this book has Phoenix Wolverine and not 616 Wolverine, so their interactions should be interesting.
    I really like the art, by the way it's good to see someone remember that Jean is taller than Logan.