Page 195 of 626 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 9381

I think it is an odd choice to put Jean in the Marvel Girl costume. However, I am glad that she is in green. I did not really like the X-men Red uniform (and no disrespect to the artist who designed it because I am a big fan of his). I just did not like the colors of the X-men Red uniform nor did I like the call back to the 90's.

It does give Jean a youthful appearance being in the mini-dress. I also wonder if we will continue to see Jean in a very passive and pacifist role (how can you really fight in an outfit like that - not that a psionic needs to actually fight mind you).

I hope Jean does get a new costume after these miniseries. We don't know if Jean will be a major player in whatever comes next. I wonder what Hickman feels about Jean Grey. I hope he answers a Jean related question for the next X-men Monday but my fear is if he does answer a Jean related question it will be about Scott and Jean's relationship. It seems to always go back to that but we should want the creators to see Jean as her own character and not an extension of Cyclops (but I fear that is will never happen).

I am very excited for Hickman. The other day I went to the comic store (hadn't been there in about a month). I spent too much money on comics and when I read through them I regretted spending anything. They were mostly Age of X-man (I do like Prisoner X and Apocalypse and the Xtracts). Jean is in the main book but yet I find Marvelous X-men to be the weakest of the Age of X-man titles. I think Age of X-man could have been something great but about 4 issues into each book and every issue feels like the same issue (maybe this is the style of comics now after all Phoenix Resurrection felt very much the same way).

Tomorrow we are hoping will be a Jean centric issue. We shall soon find out.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love that Jean and Warren will be in a book together againi!
    Me too, i have always liked their friendship.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

that one is x23? cool, but rogue would be cooler
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think it is an odd choice to put Jean in the Marvel Girl costume. However, I am glad that she is in green. I did not really like the X-men Red uniform (and no disrespect to the artist who designed it because I am a big fan of his). I just did not like the colors of the X-men Red uniform nor did I like the call back to the 90's.

It does give Jean a youthful appearance being in the mini-dress. I also wonder if we will continue to see Jean in a very passive and pacifist role (how can you really fight in an outfit like that - not that a psionic needs to actually fight mind you).

I hope Jean does get a new costume after these miniseries. We don't know if Jean will be a major player in whatever comes next. I wonder what Hickman feels about Jean Grey. I hope he answers a Jean related question for the next X-men Monday but my fear is if he does answer a Jean related question it will be about Scott and Jean's relationship. It seems to always go back to that but we should want the creators to see Jean as her own character and not an extension of Cyclops (but I fear that is will never happen).

I am very excited for Hickman. The other day I went to the comic store (hadn't been there in about a month). I spent too much money on comics and when I read through them I regretted spending anything. They were mostly Age of X-man (I do like Prisoner X and Apocalypse and the Xtracts). Jean is in the main book but yet I find Marvelous X-men to be the weakest of the Age of X-man titles. I think Age of X-man could have been something great but about 4 issues into each book and every issue feels like the same issue (maybe this is the style of comics now after all Phoenix Resurrection felt very much the same way).

Tomorrow we are hoping will be a Jean centric issue. We shall soon find out.
    I hope she gets a different costume as well. It would be silly to try and do something new with the X-Men and keep them in their old outfits.

I'd rather have the X-Men Red uniform than the mini skirt.
    Give us the black and red version that Nova made or the black and red Phoenix costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I'd rather have the X-Men Red uniform than the mini skirt.
    Give us the black and red version that Nova made or the black and red Phoenix costume
    You have pics of those costume?

Jean’s classic Marvel Girl costume is one of my faves. Yes it looks dated but I’m sure there’s a reason for it.
    In Hickman, I trust.

Old costume aside I hope Hickman has big plans for Jean. Looks like she will be a teacher from those previews.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Old costume aside I hope Hickman has big plans for Jean. Looks like she will be a teacher from those previews.
    It is surprising how little we have seen Jean teaching in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is surprising how little we have seen Jean teaching in the past.
    Is it? The mansion only became the school its been in recent times during the Morrison era right before she died. Prior to that, most of the X-men had little teaching experience. Jean at least had most of X-Factor where she mentored young mutants

I prefer Jean as an administrator than a teacher. I liked her as the headmistress of the school. I liked Emma as a teacher. Though, I think Jean would make a great teacher. Maybe Jean and Emma have a lot more in common than some here would like to believe.

JDW doesn't seem to appreciate the school aspect of the X-men. The school influence from the movies I actually like. Originally Xavier's was a school but they quickly graduated in the original X-men days. I think they X-men should be a school (but maybe hire actual teachers) and the grown up X-men should be a mutant rescue and emergency group. This way we still have adventures but we still have stories focused primarily at the institute.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I prefer Jean as an administrator than a teacher. I liked her as the headmistress of the school. I liked Emma as a teacher. Though, I think Jean would make a great teacher. Maybe Jean and Emma have a lot more in common than some here would like to believe.

JDW doesn't seem to appreciate the school aspect of the X-men. The school influence from the movies I actually like. Originally Xavier's was a school but they quickly graduated in the original X-men days. I think they X-men should be a school (but maybe hire actual teachers) and the grown up X-men should be a mutant rescue and emergency group. This way we still have adventures but we still have stories focused primarily at the institute.
    Jean is more of a counselor type.

I'm not sure about the school being a school, t=since I've been reading it, it was the school. But i'm open to not really being a school

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean is more of a counselor type.

I'm not sure about the school being a school, t=since I've been reading it, it was the school. But i'm open to not really being a school
    I dislike the school aspect. I agree with JDW. The X-men work better when the school is a cover for them rather than it be an actual boarding school

The school aspect of the x-books is something interesting i think. Yeah, the X-men fight all threats againts mutantkind but there should be something more than beating robots and villains. something deeper.
    Teaching and caring for the next generations seem like a much more meaningful message and i think Jean is perfect for the job. So i hope she gets the chance to be a teacher/headmistress.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The school aspect of the x-books is something interesting i think. Yeah, the X-men fight all threats againts mutantkind but there should be something more than beating robots and villains. something deeper.
    Teaching and caring for the next generations seem like a much more meaningful message and i think Jean is perfect for the job. So i hope she gets the chance to be a teacher/headmistress.
    Which is why it was best when the school was moved to another location in the 90s with Gen X and the X-men stayed at the Xavier mansion. They shouldnt be teachers especially since most of them dont have any degrees and are not qualified to teach