Page 199 of 239 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3575
  1. #2971
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Agreed. The Marvel Girl dress just doesn't work in this day and age.
    Itís deliberate retro until they put her into something else, and get good creators on the comics.

  2. #2972
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Re: Jean’s higher education in Psychology: found this in old forum posts, she references off-panel classes in X-Factor Vol 1, #5 shortly after her first revival.
    Attachment 82559
    Thanks. Warren is the one that says BA in psychology; Jean never confirms what degree she was actually going for so for all we know it could be a BS or Masters. I also noticed that Jean unintentionally is wearing elements of the White Phoenix costume in that civilian gear

  3. #2973
    Astonishing Member 5cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    He did mention different costumes for characters however, so there's a chance that Jean could wear something more modern for those who dislike the Marvel Girl costume.
    Iím starting to feel like they didnít have enough time to get everyone new looks so they put Jean in the mini skirt as a place holder. Hopefully that means Jean gets a good costume.
    First X-Lady

  4. #2974
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’m starting to feel like they didn’t have enough time to get everyone new looks so they put Jean in the mini skirt as a place holder. Hopefully that means Jean gets a good costume.
    The House of X and Power of X minis are but the first step for Hickman, he always plays on long term so i suppose she will get a new one as soon as those minis end.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-20-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Ranking of favorite characters
    Phoenix/Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm

    These characters are not real and nobody loves each other for real. They will dump and love people even if it makes no sense just to for the sake of it.
    My ships: Jean/Scott, Wanda/Vision, Scott/Logan, Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther.

  5. #2975
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’m starting to feel like they didn’t have enough time to get everyone new looks so they put Jean in the mini skirt as a place holder. Hopefully that means Jean gets a good costume.
    They could just go with the phoenix costume...

    Can we get Tom Taylor back? I don't believe Red ended just to get a Emma's stan to write the x-men books

  6. #2976
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’m starting to feel like they didn’t have enough time to get everyone new looks so they put Jean in the mini skirt as a place holder. Hopefully that means Jean gets a good costume.
    Im not sure I buy that as this book has been in planning for quite some time and it doesnt take that long to come up with a new design. If need be, they could have kept the Red costume or modified it like they did with Cyclops and Wolverine's new looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They could just go with the phoenix costume...

    Can we get Tom Taylor back? I don't believe Red ended just to get a Emma's stan to write the x-men books
    Nah, they couldnt given what the PF represents and since she isnt Phoenix, that wouldnt make sense. Especially if she is set to become Phoenix at some point in Hickman's run, that would be undercut by her wearing the costume before that big moment. I now wonder if the Marvel Girl is intentional bc its meant to mirror Jean's original transformation

  7. #2977
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure I buy that as this book has been in planning for quite some time and it doesnt take that long to come up with a new design. If need be, they could have kept the Red costume or modified it like they did with Cyclops and Wolverine's new looks.



    Nah, they couldnt given what the PF represents and since she isnt Phoenix, that wouldnt make sense. Especially if she is set to become Phoenix at some point in Hickman's run, that would be undercut by her wearing the costume before that big moment. I now wonder if the Marvel Girl is intentional bc its meant to mirror Jean's original transformation
    Hickman doing anew Phoenix story? well now I'm worried

    Or maybe he just doesn't care much, I don't think h eput alot of thought into it

  8. #2978
    Comic Geek in General
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Woodbury, NJ
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Had Jean been more aggressive she could have defeated Nate and AoX would not even have happened. Teen Jean would have beaten Nate’s butt. This Jean is shown as too passive.

    But Jean is the logical choice for ending this. She should be code named Phoenix regardless of whether she chooses to channel the force. Jeen brought herself back from the dead twice and we saw adult Jeen’s power evolve to Phoenix level in the future. She took out four Silver Surfer’s and took on Galacticus, and she was called Phoenix.
    To be fair, Jean thought she could get through to him.....it almost worked (but sadly they had to push the AU Story......and they decided to basically put all the Active X Roster into this, Jean included, since Cyclops and Wolverine where tapped to pick up the pieces, not knowing the teams alive, just in a AU)......perhaps if a outsider where there, like say Black Panther, Iron Man, Conan, Scarlet Witch or even Nova, Franklin Richards, Star Lord, Gladiator, Ghost Rider (Either Reyes, Blaze Or Ketch) then we wouldn’t have AoX right now..........

    Perhaps Jean will continue to use the Phoenix Codename, regardless of her Uniform......

  9. #2979
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    To be fair, Jean thought she could get through to him.....it almost worked (but sadly they had to push the AU Story......and they decided to basically put all the Active X Roster into this, Jean included, since Cyclops and Wolverine where tapped to pick up the pieces, not knowing the teams alive, just in a AU)......perhaps if a outsider where there, like say Black Panther, Iron Man, Conan, Scarlet Witch or even Nova, Franklin Richards, Star Lord, Gladiator, Ghost Rider (Either Reyes, Blaze Or Ketch) then we wouldn’t have AoX right now..........

    Perhaps Jean will continue to use the Phoenix Codename, regardless of her Uniform......
    I doubt she would use the codename. It carries too much negative connotations for her and especially for those around her.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  10. #2980
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    16,839

    Default

    fan poster

  11. #2981
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They could just go with the phoenix costume...

    Can we get Tom Taylor back? I don't believe Red ended just to get a Emma's stan to write the x-men books
    You will literally despise any writer that doesn't write Scott and Emma as stupid and evil, won't you?
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  12. #2982
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You will literally despise any writer that doesn't write Scott and Emma as stupid and evil, won't you?
    No, just the ones that shill them

  13. #2983
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, just the ones that shill them
    AKA, anyone who has a remotely positive view of them?
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  14. #2984
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    AKA, anyone who has a remotely positive view of them?
    everyone that shills for her, even when not asked

  15. #2985
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    everyone that shills for her, even when not asked
    Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that if he had mentioned Jean and not Emma, you would be praising his vision and creativity to the heavens?

    God forbid a writer actually like a character you don't.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •