Page 153 of 626 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean can make the idea of the Marvel Girl dress work, but... it shouldn't be the exact costume. A look that is a dress is fine but those boots and gloves need to GO and I'd appreciate a more modern belt or sash as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean can make the idea of the Marvel Girl dress work, but... it shouldn't be the exact costume. A look that is a dress is fine but those boots and gloves need to GO and I'd appreciate a more modern belt or sash as well.
    You think the dress should be a villainess Black lingerie outfit like Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    You think the dress should be a villainess Black lingerie outfit like Frost?
    No, definitely not. It should be a mature and fitting costume for someone like Jean Grey - not anything like Emma's looks.

I was playing with that X-Girls doll maker earlier and came up with a few designs that I feel like could work out.

One of them is the idea of the dress, the other is a classic X-suit, and the third is a cape look since everyone here seems to want to see Jeannie wearing a cape. All of them are using the "iconic" green/gold color scheme.

jeancost2.jpg jeancost1.jpg jeancost3.jpg
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The cape feels too much like Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The cape feels too much like Hope.
    Probably because it was a Hope base. The other ones were either too much like other characters too (Storm, Emma) or didn't match what I was envisioning.

I made one more just because I can't let go of the idea of Jean being a GOOD Phoenix host:

jeancost4.jpg

I detest all capes, they just makes no sense unless it's doctor Strange or ancient mystical characters "thor style"
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I detest all capes, they just makes no sense unless it's doctor Strange or ancient mystical characters "thor style"
    I think as long as you're not a physical close range fighter, capes are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think as long as you're not a physical close range fighter, capes are fine.
    would you really be fine with cyclops wearing a cape? I'm not trying to be provocative, I'm genuinely curious,
    I just feel like capes tend to drag down characters and are only good to collect unwanted dirt from the floor.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    would you really be fine with cyclops wearing a cape? I'm not trying to be provocative, I'm genuinely curious,
    I just feel like capes tend to drag down characters and are only good to collect unwanted dirt from the floor.
    Cyclops has to get close range a lot of times. He has to run, jump, flip around. He can't fly. So cape wouldn't suit him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops has to get close range a lot of times. He has to run, jump, flip around. He can't fly. So cape wouldn't suit him at all.
    but i want Jean to be acrobatic as well, powers not always work, putting a cape on her would be akin to turning her into a sitting duck

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I love the classic Marvel Girl costume. Even as an adult, Jean still looks great in it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, definitely not. It should be a mature and fitting costume for someone like Jean Grey - not anything like Emma's looks.

I was playing with that X-Girls doll maker earlier and came up with a few designs that I feel like could work out.

One of them is the idea of the dress, the other is a classic X-suit, and the third is a cape look since everyone here seems to want to see Jeannie wearing a cape. All of them are using the "iconic" green/gold color scheme.

jeancost2.jpg jeancost1.jpg jeancost3.jpg
    I like the last one
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I like the last one
    It screams too much like Hope

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Even that show The Act, on Hulu. They spent a good chunk talking about Jean Grey, and Wolverine.
    i wish i can see that scene
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Incredible Member

I'm not against capes, it's part of the superheroes trope, after all! But as Alex Ross's, it shouldn't be too showy, blending more into the costume. For me a cape for Jean is not to show off to everyone while she's flying. It should be here to show the mysterious side the psychic have. Psylocke had a cape at one time (and an armor, but Jean doesn't need armor, she's a telekinetic, if she wants, nothing touches her!), Emma's Astonishing X-Men costume had a cape!
    For me a cape like Ross's (I can't stop I just love this almost one shoulder cape, maybe a little too long!) is a mark of status. It's commanding and Jean's costume shouldn't ostentatory but commanding. When she enters a place all heads must turn on her, not only because she's beautiful, but because sh'es a major player in the mutant and superheroe community!