Page 105 of 626 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9381
    BANNED

Forget the pink form. They should give Jean Grey her real secondary powerset back and forget the nonsense. The was made to burn and I can't wait for decent tastes to prevail again. The nerve of them to spend all of those years giving the Phoenix to dudes and pet character's girlfriends,while Jean was left to rot, only to strip it from her when she's back...appalling and disrespectful.

They just won't they let her be great.

Yeah, I didn't like his answer either but I am not surprised. I fear that Jean has returned to be stuck in the 90's den mother type role. I think that is how the current creators view her. It is the version they like best. They just see her differently than most of us do.

At least Teen Jean had some great moments. She was strong and powerful. Our Jean has had her moments since returning but she hasn't been consistent. I feel that she has been sidelined by being in this Age of X-man event. It is hard to be excited, but hopefully she gets to be in a good team post Age of X-man and maybe the book she ends up in will have a great creative team. I am still thinking that she will not be in Uncanny with Scott. I hope she is in a separate book with Storm, Bishop, Iceman, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The flaw in JDW's analogy is that Jean's telepathy allows her to remember everything. She should be able to recall something she did as a teenager just as easily as she did something yesterday. They even just brought up Jean's perfect memory in Marvelous X-Men.
    Exactly. Jean has an eidetic memory.

Just a camouflaged way of saying that no more pink energy form. Also won't be any more Phoenix powers either, as they seem dead-set against that idea.

But, just where is Jean in terms of power today? I don't think they made that clear at all. We know Nate Grey is more powerful, but where does Jean fall in regards to X, Rachel, Psylocke and Emma? Are they going to make Jean weak again? I sure Hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Forget the pink form. They should give Jean Grey her real secondary powerset back and forget the nonsense. The was made to burn and I can't wait for decent tastes to prevail again. The nerve of them to spend all of those years giving the Phoenix to dudes and pet character's girlfriends,while Jean was left to rot, only to strip it from her when she's back...appalling and disrespectful.

Phoenix from something special became a space STD. someone needs to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Just a camouflaged way of saying that no more pink energy form. Also won't be any more Phoenix powers either, as they seem dead-set against that idea.

But, just where is Jean in terms of power today? I don't think they made that clear at all. We know Nate Grey is more powerful, but where does Jean fall in regards to X, Rachel, Psylocke and Emma? Are they going to make Jean weak again? I sure Hope not.
    In X-Men Red Cassandra said Jean was stronger than she was the last time they fought. Jean was pretty strong in New X-Men and she was channeling the Phoenix at times including one time when she struck at Cassandra. Taylor wrote Jean as powerful, but elsewhere she seems to be at basic 90's level. And I mean early 90's because Jean did have some good moments in the 90's.

Since she doesn't have any phoenix imagery the pink form would have been a great substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Ha, I get it.

But in regards to power, they're not just gonna drop her off a cliff, 1960s style. She'll still be one of, in not the most powerful telepaths and telekinetics.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Phoenix from something special became a space STD. someone needs to stop it
    The one who needs to knock it off with Phoenix crap is Jason Aaron. Seriously, no one has done more damage to the Phoenix mythos.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think Jean will get a similar treatment to superman. Everybody will say she is powerful and she will kick someone from time to time but when there is a treat, she will job to prop up the threat.

This is how all powerful characters work on Marvel/DC. From the Hulk to the living tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    In X-Men Red Cassandra said Jean was stronger than she was the last time they fought. Jean was pretty strong in New X-Men and she was channeling the Phoenix at times including one time when she struck at Cassandra. Taylor wrote Jean as powerful, but elsewhere she seems to be at basic 90's level. And I mean early 90's because Jean did have some good moments in the 90's.

Since she doesn't have any phoenix imagery the pink form would have been a great substitute.
    Writers using all her powerset like TK and stop to use "I can't read this mind" all the time would be a good start.

also writers are so afraid of having too powerful characters

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The one who needs to knock it off with Phoenix crap is Jason Aaron. Seriously, no one has done more damage to the Phoenix mythos.
    That guy have a serious fixation on Phoenix. Phoenix Wolverine being the worse
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-25-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think Jean will get a similar treatment to superman. Everybody will say she is powerful and she will kick someone from time to time but when there is a treat, she will job to prop up the threat.

This is how all powerful characters work on Marvel/DC. From the Hulk to the living tribunal
    Telepaths especially get the shaft in this category. Since editorial boosted telepathy into being the most powerful mutation possible outside reality warping, every story since then has been a "How do we incapacitate Xavier/Jean/Rachel/Betsy/Emma so they don't just solve the plot from their living room".

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Writers using all her powerset like TK and stop to use "I can't read this mind" all the time would be a good start.

At least she is not Martian Manhunter levels of bad... yet

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    At least she is not Martian Manhunter levels of bad... yet
    She's probably going to end up like Storm if they don't create a great balance.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

That guy have a serious fixation on Phoenix. Phoenix Wolverine being the worse
    You can't have singular powerful characters and still tell a solid story. It's the reason the Phoenix is gone. It's the reason Nate Grey/Franklin Richards/Scarlet Witch get depowered every few issues. Same reason Doctor Strange isn't on the level of the Living Tribunal anymore. Same reason Hulk can't destroy planets in one or two hits anymore. When you have a singular powerful character, you need to have a threat that matches them, and especially in a team book like X-Men, it just leaves everyone else behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post

Agreed.

But............

The Disney/Fox merger is nearly complete, and the current status quo in the Xbooks will thrown out. As Phoenix/Jean will soon headline a movie, I suspect we'll see Jean as the Phoenix in the comics very soon.

This ridiculous Age of X-Man never could have happened if Jean were Phoenix, and it was just 90s nolstalgia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You can't have singular powerful characters and still tell a solid story. It's the reason the Phoenix is gone. It's the reason Nate Grey/Franklin Richards/Scarlet Witch get depowered every few issues. Same reason Doctor Strange isn't on the level of the Living Tribunal anymore. Same reason Hulk can't destroy planets in one or two hits anymore. When you have a singular powerful character, you need to have a threat that matches them, and especially in a team book like X-Men, it just leaves everyone else behind.
    The Scarlet Witch has not been depowered in a long time. The Avengers more consistently fight cosmic foes and gods, so they rely on heavy hitters like the Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Thor, etc.

Even the X-Men have Magik, who does not get depowered. Her mutant power allows her to teleport through time and space, and on top of that she's a powerful sorceress and ruler of a hell dimension. Very few in the X-Universe can beat her, except for the Phoenix. Yet as singularly powerful as she is, writers still use her.